What's new

Is Favors in the long-term plans at this point?

I think the point was less to criticize Favors, and more to suggest that if Favors had been injured instead of Gobert, Rudy would have looked excellent in Favor's absence, as well.

I agree generally with the sentiment, but the nitpicky side of me wants to argue that Rubio has much better chemistry with Derrick, so it probably wouldn't have reflected quite as well. Still, I think it's a valid point, generally speaking.
Thank you. I'm not dogging on Favors, but he has enjoyed spacing (and better chemistry with Rubio) that Gobert has not. So I'm just kind of demanding everyone keep that **** in mind when evaluating Gobert.

On the flip side, Rubio/Favors/Gobert is a super stealthy, super effective stealth tank which is where this is headed unless DL/Quin pull their heads out of their asses.

On the flip side, Rubio/Favors/Gobert is a super stealthy, super effective stealth tank which is where this is headed unless DL/Quin pull their heads out of their asses.

I am willing to bet my house they are more aware of what is going on then anyone on this board and also that they have a better idea of cause and effect then we do. I also trust their judgment in how to proceed. But then I happen to be one who has a lot of trust in Quinn and DL.

I'd really love to see Gobert and Favors together when they're healthy with a good PG who can shoot.

Like George Hill pre-cameltoe

I am willing to bet my house they are more aware of what is going on then anyone on this board and also that they have a better idea of cause and effect then we do. I also trust their judgment in how to proceed. But then I happen to be one who has a lot of trust in Quinn and DL.
You're not one of the few, I've never seen more broad-scale trust in our coach or GM than with these two, and I am one of them.

However, to suggest that they (or anyone) never miscalculate or straight **** up is fantasy.

Funny that it's been mentioned several times that both Rubio and Mitchell have better chemistry with Favors than with Gobert. Kinda proves my earlier point about team chemistry with Gobert.

I'm not necessarily saying that Gobert is a bad player (except on offense). I'm saying that the Jazz are a better team without him. And you guys are proving my point when you say we need to get rid of half the team so that Gobert can be good again.

If we need to pick and choose the exact type of players to put around Gobert in order for him to be effective, then that's a problem. Can the right players help? Of course. But a "superstar" should be effective regardless.

Funny that it's been mentioned several times that both Rubio and Mitchell have better chemistry with Favors than with Gobert. Kinda proves my earlier point about team chemistry with Gobert.

I'm not necessarily saying that Gobert is a bad player (except on offense). I'm saying that the Jazz are a better team without him. And you guys are proving my point when you say we need to get rid of half the team so that Gobert can be good again.

If we need to pick and choose the exact type of players to put around Gobert in order for him to be effective, then that's a problem. Can the right players help? Of course. But a "superstar" should be effective regardless.
What would your argument have been last year when Favors was a corpse?

You're not one of the few, I've never seen more broad-scale trust in our coach or GM than with these two, and I am one of them.

However, to suggest that they (or anyone) never miscalculate or straight **** up is fantasy.

You are absolutely correct. Who said they never miscalculate?

What would your argument have been last year when Favors was a corpse?
He was clearly playing hurt last year. And playing out of position. He is much better as a center. I'm also not arguing that favors is a superstar so I don't really know what you're even asking me.

I don't understand how a Jazz fan can live through last season and think that this team is better without Rudy Gobert. The man was a top 10 player last year, and has had to play in the worst lineups possible for him almost the entire year before being injured. He's playing PnR with a rookie who doesn't really know how to play that way yet, and Ricky Rubio who is just an awful offensive player in this system. Nobody said we need to get rid of half the team. We need to get rid of the guys who don't fit the system. Guards have to be able to shoot 3's and be a scoring threat in PnR. The 4 needs to be a 3 point threat to space the floor. The end. That really makes two players that need to change.

Are you saying that Westbrook isn't an effective player?
No. I'm pointing to the current underperformance of their little conglomeration of superstars.

As a real response, though, you are either arguing that Rudy Gobert isn't a franchise player because he can't play at his maximal level regardless of the pieces surrounding him, or making a wildly exaggerated claim based on nothing but massive hyperbole. Given the first interpretation, what you are contributing is simply an unbelievably dumb argument. Sadly, the second interpretation is even less sophisticated. All of this is rather unsurprising, however, given the complete lack of quality in your analysis on this issue.

I love Favs but he is the second best starting center on the Jazz. I can't imagine that he will wear a Jazz uniform next season.

The next 2 weeks will prove something. Either the Jazz will play well and keep the team as is. Or the team (most likely) will struggle and changes to the starting lineup and possibly a trade will follow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No. I'm pointing to the current underperformance of their little conglomeration of superstars.

As a real response, though, you are either arguing that Rudy Gobert isn't a franchise player because he can't play at his maximal level regardless of the pieces surrounding him, or making a wildly exaggerated claim based on nothing but massive hyperbole. Given the first interpretation, what you are contributing is simply an unbelievably dumb argument. Sadly, the second interpretation is even less sophisticated. All of this is rather unsurprising, however, given the complete lack of quality in your analysis on this issue.

And please tell me, oh wise one, what has your deeply sophisticated analysis been? That tabasco sauce isn't hot?Thats some deep stuff there. Oh wait, and something about Russell Westbrook not being very good. Both really quality observations. Well done.

Back to the jazz, the results will speak for themselves over the next few weeks. I would absolutely love it if Gobert averaged 30 points and 20 rebounds and we went undefeated the rest of the year. I'm a Jazz fan, I would gladly eat my words in exchange for team success. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I will be proven right on this issue.