What's new

Is Mike Conley Coming Back?

Well is he?

• Yup

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 51 79.7%

• Total voters
I think it's unfair to put too much weight on his recent comments/mood/attitude. The dude just got bounced from the playoffs after having a fantastic series because he wasnt able to physically go. I'm sure he is depressed as **** about the whole situation. Let him breathe and come back to it with a clear mind.
For me it's not about his exit interview demeanor, but what the ceiling is with Mike. He has proven that he will likely be out for any back to back games going forward in the regular season and we can't count on him being healthy in the playoffs. Why on earth would we risk that? Let's just rip the band-aid off and find a younger, longer replacement.

For me it's not about his exit interview demeanor, but what the ceiling is with Mike. He has proven that he will likely be out for any back to back games going forward in the regular season and we can't count on him being healthy in the playoffs. Why on earth would we risk that? Let's just rip the band-aid off and find a younger, longer replacement.
(If possible.)

Dump Clarkson?
Clarkson has VERY positive trade value given his production, age, and contract. I think Ingles also has positive or at least neutral trade value. He is worth his contract and it is expiring. He is a useful player that a team only has to commit to for a year.

While we aren’t getting a King’s ransom in return for either player, it would be insanity to expend any assets to “dump” either of these guys. I might trade Joe into space for nothing, but if we had to attach a pick, just keep Joe and let his contract expire next year.

Unless someone really wants Joe, I think he’ll be on the roster next year. He is worth his contract and is a piece we could flip at the deadline next year or just allow to expire next summer if we are in tear-down mode next summer. I think there’d be more interest in getting off of Bogey’s longer-term contract because we likely get more in return for Bogey and it’s another long-term contract we wouldn’t have to move in a tear-down next summer.

Even if impossible. I just don't think he's fit to lead us to the promised land - I'm ready to try something else even if it blows up in our face because Conley running the point won't lead us past the 2nd round.
Yes, I agree with you. I don’t think Conley is worth going deep into the tax for. No idea what Smith and management think though.

To me, DL’s exit interview tone and comments on Mike were more telling than Mike’s comments. It was really basically “we’ve been so blessed to have Mike, thank you for your service. K bye Mike.”

Mike may be ring shopping and after getting bounced in the playoffs he may not think Utah is his best chance at that.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
I have a hard time believing this when he most likely views the reason the Jazz lost being due to his absence. It'd be another thing if the Jazz had that meltdown with a healthy Conley.

Yes. And hot take....

If Conley goes, Rudy should too.

Conley is the only person on our team who can consistently make Rudy decent on the offensive end. If we lose Conley, there is zero chance of getting a similar facilitating PG unless we somehow pull off the miracle trade for Lonzo.

I don't want to trade Rudy, but we have to be realistic. Without Conley, he's an average offensive player. Right now, he has the most value he will ever have in a Jazz uniform. He's got to be traded if Conley walks.

Yes. And hot take....

If Conley goes, Rudy should too.

Conley is the only person on our team who can consistently make Rudy decent on the offensive end. If we lose Conley, there is zero chance of getting a similar facilitating PG unless we somehow pull off the miracle trade for Lonzo.

I don't want to trade Rudy, but we have to be realistic. Without Conley, he's an average offensive player. Right now, he has the most value he will ever have in a Jazz uniform. He's got to be traded if Conley walks.

If we could get Lonzo he would help Rudy on defense and offense.

Problem with getting Kuzma/Schroder back is it doesn’t work on our end. We would have to move Favors to even get Kuzma. To get Schroder too we’re talking about moving Clarkson or Ingles without taking salary back too.
Well that sucks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Actually... the Lakers are in trouble... I didn't factor in Harrell contract (they can likely find a taker). They gonna go over the hard cap if they do a sign and trade with us... so that is likely not a great option for them.

Mike might be kinda stuck here unless he wants to take a deep paycut.
Can the jazz take Harrell please?

Can the jazz take Harrell please?

We can but realize he was out of the Lakers center rotation... now go look at their center rotation. It's not great.

He might be fine as a backup and honestly after we bled points with Rudy off the floor having a one way roll man doesn't sound like the worst thing. I'd do Favs for Harrell I guess... his deal is a year shorter at least.

We can but realize he was out of the Lakers center rotation... now go look at their center rotation. It's not great.

He might be fine as a backup and honestly after we bled points with Rudy off the floor having a one way roll man doesn't sound like the worst thing. I'd do Favs for Harrell I guess... his deal is a year shorter at least.
Ya the Lakers were stupid for acquiring Drummond and then playing him over Harrell.
What was Harrell role when the won the title last year?

Ya the Lakers were stupid for acquiring Drummond and then playing him over Harrell.
What was Harrell role when the won the title last year?

He was played off the floor in the playoffs with the clips.

Look I'd take him over Favs... the locker room may not be nearly as simpatico though.