What's new

Is Mike Conley Coming Back?

Well is he?

• Yup

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 51 79.7%

• Total voters
I think he’ll be back, but what I hope happens is that he demands a sign-and-trade so we don’t have to pay him and can at least get a pick or something.

I like Mike. The Jazz as a whole need to get a big bigger, younger and more athletic. The question you need to ask yourself is whether Mike can still defend at a high level. I think the Jazz would bring him back at the right number.

As for Mike's exit interview, Mike may just be posturing until he sees what numbers the Jazz would be willing to offer him. I wouldn't read too much into it.
We need more ball handlers. Cam Payne is breaking the Clippers defense in a way I never saw us do. He’s collapsing their entire small ball defense and finding cutters and wide open 3s for everyone. Not sure why the Clippers haven’t tried their zone… maybe Payne is too quick for even thwt?

My gut says he’s gone, and I’m fine with it. The thing is, even if he comes on a reasonable deal, they’ll also have to pay for a reliable backup since you can’t count on the guy. He’ll be expensive no matter what.

Kuzma sucks, I want no part of him or his contract. If you can get something for him in a three way trade, then sign me up.

Conley is pretty unreliable. He's always not there when the team really needs him, like the playoffs against the Clippers. He came back when it was already too late for us. I'm tired of always seeing Donovan's the only one stepping up every time during playoffs while the other players mindset are already in Cancun or just regular season players at best and not playoff players like Donovan.

I feel like the Utah Frauds put all their eggs in the 'regular season' basket instead of putting half of it in the playoffs. They tired themselves just to hang onto that number seed which didn't mean jack in the end. They're pretty much capped in the 2nd rd and probably be the 1st rd from now on. A bunch of overachievers in the regular season but nothing to show for when it really counts like the playoffs.

This is kind of Conley related but it struck me if the Jazz had Mudiay it could have helped a lot during the playoff mess.

If mudiay was on the suns roster or any team currently in the playoffs then im sure we would all be pining for him and criticizing DL for not keeping him.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Conley is pretty unreliable. He's always not there when the team really needs him, like the playoffs against the Clippers. He came back when it was already too late for us. I'm tired of always seeing Donovan's the only one stepping up every time during playoffs while the other players mindset are already in Cancun or just regular season players at best and not playoff players like Donovan.

I feel like the Utah Frauds put all their eggs in the 'regular season' basket instead of putting half of it in the playoffs. They tired themselves just to hang onto that number seed which didn't mean jack in the end. They're pretty much capped in the 2nd rd and probably be the 1st rd from now on. A bunch of overachievers in the regular season but nothing to show for when it really counts like the playoffs.
I mean this is kind of a load of ****, nearly every player stepped their game up in the playoffs and was either scoring or shooting their *** off.

It's just hard when you lose a piece as big as Conley and you dont have that PG who can step in. The problem is defensive personnel and injuries.

I mean this is kind of a load of ****, nearly every player stepped their game up in the playoffs and was either scoring or shooting their *** off.

It's just hard when you lose a piece as big as Conley and you dont have that PG who can step in. The problem is defensive personnel and injuries.
OK why not have Yogi on the roster then if Quin has jettisoned Mudiay? Yogi went to Jazz training camp, cut signs with Cleveland averaged about 9 ppg, released plays with the Stars in Orlando, the Clipps then sign him. It seems like the Jazz shot themselves in the foot over the Conley injury situation.

In all reality I’ll be ecstatic if we get anything back for him.

I have been heavily on the side of the Conley trade was a good trade.

Seeing how asset strapped we are now coupled our cap situation it is hard to defend that trade at all. DL went for it and failed miserably.