What's new

Is Mike Conley Coming Back?

Well is he?

• Yup

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 51 79.7%

• Total voters
In all reality I’ll be ecstatic if we get anything back for him.

I have been heavily on the side of the Conley trade was a good trade.

Seeing how asset strapped we are now coupled our cap situation it is hard to defend that trade at all. DL went for it and failed miserably.
Lmfao

IF Conley wants to go to LA, is there really any way to get him there without some sort of sign and trade with us? I suppose the Lakers could try to dump salary somewhere prior to FA and offer him then, or offer him a gross underpay.

Is there another contender with the cap space to offer Mike anything close to market without first clearing a whole bunch of salary?

I think a sign-and-trade might be more likely than some of you think if Conley decides not to come back, because it may be the only way to get him where he wants to go if that location isn’t here.

IF Conley wants to go to LA, is there really any way to get him there without some sort of sign and trade with us? I suppose the Lakers could try to dump salary somewhere prior to FA and offer him then, or offer him a gross underpay.

Is there another contender with the cap space to offer Mike anything close to market without first clearing a whole bunch of salary?

I think a sign-and-trade might be more likely than some of you think if Conley decides not to come back, because it may be the only way to get him where he wants to go if that location isn’t here.
If he's willing to go on the MLE he can go basically wherever he wants. I'm sure Utah would be willing to pay him over twice that though.

In all reality I’ll be ecstatic if we get anything back for him.

I have been heavily on the side of the Conley trade was a good trade.

Seeing how asset strapped we are now coupled our cap situation it is hard to defend that trade at all. DL went for it and failed miserably.
Honestly how stupid do you have to be to write this post.

At least Lopo has held the position the entire time.

How in the hell do you just now realize what the trade was and what the Jazz's upcoming cap situation is? It's actually better than what was projected with Mitchell not making the All-NBA team lmao.

There were other options... hell Yogi Ferrell could have got some time and he was hanging out with the stars.
Weird that a guy who would have been the key to the jazz success was hanging out in the g league.

You would think a guy that impactful would have every team in the NBA clamoring for his services.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Weird that a guy who would have been the key to the jazz success was hanging out in the g league.

You would think a guy that impactful would have ever team in the NBA clamoring for his services.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I mean say your life depends on the Jazz winning... would you rather have Yogi step in to help or Forrest?

This is also kinda silly considering Cam Payne was in the G league last year. There is talent ready to contribute down there.

My point was we had no real nba players at the end of our bench to help. Yogi has proven to be an nba player he was with the stars... we opted to trade for Thomas rather than give him a deal. Never said he was the answer to all our problems but that there is a scenario where you might need him.

I mean say your life depends on the Jazz winning... would you rather have Yogi step in to help or Forrest?

This is also kinda silly considering Cam Payne was in the G league last year. There is talent ready to contribute down there.

My point was we had no real nba players at the end of our bench to help. Yogi has proven to be an nba player he was with the stars... we opted to trade for Thomas rather than give him a deal. Never said he was the answer to all our problems but that there is a scenario where you might need him.
Who needs CP3 when cam Payne is giving you 20 and 9, like he’s doing this series?

Now I’m flipping... I’m an emotion toddler... I think it’s more likely than not he’s back. Reports of him hanging around and golfing with the guys and the wives hanging out too. Hayward situation is way different. I’m also not seeing the team that is going to offer him money and a good basketball situation. A young guy might want to bolt for NY... us dudes with kids prefer the burbs to the city.

80% chance he is back. I think we move Favs to make the budget work.

I think Conley is open to coming back, but I also think he's going to do everything he can to secure the highest offer for himself. This is his final real contract so he's going to want to maximize it.

I don't think his market is going to be very high which probably doesn't bode extremely well for him, but we can't give him a lot of money for a 34 year-old PG who is struggling to stay on the court.

I think a $10-12M per year is what I'd offer knowing that he's likely going to get $15-20M from someone.

Now I’m flipping... I’m an emotion toddler... I think it’s more likely than not he’s back. Reports of him hanging around and golfing with the guys and the wives hanging out too. Hayward situation is way different. I’m also not seeing the team that is going to offer him money and a good basketball situation. A young guy might want to bolt for NY... us dudes with kids prefer the burbs to the city.

80% chance he is back. I think we move Favs to make the budget work.
Where are these reports of him hanging around and golfing?

For anything more than maybe 8 mil we need to let him walk. We need the money to fill in our real hole in a perimeter defender of some kind. If we don't we will see a similar end to the year, with Conley likely going through a very similar injury trajectory and everything.

For anything more than maybe 8 mil we need to let him walk. We need the money to fill in our real hole in a perimeter defender of some kind. If we don't we will see a similar end to the year, with Conley likely going through a very similar injury trajectory and everything.
Unless we do a major overhaul the number really only matters for luxury tax. His market is likely similar to Dragic last year. 2 year 38/39m in total is the price I think is reasonable. When he’s on the court he’s great. Guys will go through injury stints like he has and then be fine for a year or two. Chris Paul is a great example. I think you trade Favs into someone’s space... I think there could be a three team type deal where Sacramento sends Bagley to OKC to clear his salary... we send Favs to Sacramento and take back nothing. Maybe we put the 30th pick in the deal and get back Kenrich Williams. A budget bench player.

We then open up the taxpayer MLE... we had it before but ditching Favs makes it useable financially. Add a minimum guy or two.

We need to manage Mike and Joe better... so find some guys that can carry some of those minutes reasonably during the season... don’t allocate 5 roster spots to g league guys.

I don’t think we have the stomach for a big retook and Mike is the best option. Cross our fingers that he’s healthy.

Unless we do a major overhaul the number really only matters for luxury tax. His market is likely similar to Dragic last year. 2 year 38/39m in total is the price I think is reasonable. When he’s on the court he’s great. Guys will go through injury stints like he has and then be fine for a year or two. Chris Paul is a great example. I think you trade Favs into someone’s space... I think there could be a three team type deal where Sacramento sends Bagley to OKC to clear his salary... we send Favs to Sacramento and take back nothing. Maybe we put the 30th pick in the deal and get back Kenrich Williams. A budget bench player.

We then open up the taxpayer MLE... we had it before but ditching Favs makes it useable financially. Add a minimum guy or two.

We need to manage Mike and Joe better... so find some guys that can carry some of those minutes reasonably during the season... don’t allocate 5 roster spots to g league guys.

I don’t think we have the stomach for a big retook and Mike is the best option. Cross our fingers that he’s healthy.
Really big ifs in there. Mike hasn't played a full season, or really even close, for like 6 years. Nothing reasonably points to this changing. And the money matters when trying to piece together the parts to replace the crappy g-leaguers we have had. I agree the end of the bench needs an overhaul. But I don't think we need to bring back Mike at a huge number like that.

Hopefully if he wants to be here he gives us a home team discount.

If Conley comes back he needs to come off the bench and we still need a stretch 4, 5. If Conley comes back and comes off the bench I will no longer hate him.

If Conley comes back he needs to come off the bench and we still need a stretch 4, 5. If Conley comes back and comes off the bench I will no longer hate him.
We shouldn't hate Conley - aside from not staying healthy and being massively overpaid, he's never done anything wrong to this community or this team. And if he comes back, he's your starting 1 with the asterisk that we've got to find some capable bench scorers not named Clarkson backing him up.

If Conley was 100% for Clips series and played every game Jazz are probably playing Suns
Conley would have righted the sinking Jazz
I am all for Conley returning if he'll take a reasonable deal to help Jazz

When he played the family card I thought 100% for sure he was gone but him playing golf with Royce and the Minivan and his family and the Ingles family hanging out, now I'm not so sure. It might require resigning the Minivan too.