What's new

is there a worse call in sports?

Worst call in Sports is Vern ****ing Lundquist.

Literally all he ever says is "Wow" or "Oh my".

Doesnt know **** about sports and still gets to call the NCAA tourney, big college football games, and the holy grail that is the Masters golf tournament.

Pls die Vern. Pls

I like David Locke quite a bit, but his excited dunk sayings are just dumb, like he's trying way to hard. Boler has better sayings, but you can tell he doesn't care nearly as much as Locke does.

Can't stand Locke. Horrible voice. Can't keep up. Would rather blow off some dumbass stat than tell me the score of he game or what is actually happening.

I first learned of the Jazz at about 8 yrs old while turning the dials on my AM clock radio .... the old cow hide globe hit home .... Stockton to Malone!! ... he took the dust out of the net on that one .. there will never be anyone like Hot Rod

No when bowler says so and so just hit a three, when the dude is like 5 feet infront of the arc...
Then says looks like they gave him two!!

Yeah that's mine. He's easily the worst 3 point caller ever. I still don't know why he doesn't look a the ref instead of trying to see the court.

eg: foye hits back to back shots.
when foye hits a shot
opponent a scores
jefferson misses
opponent b misses
millsap scores
oponent a scores again.
then foye socres.(than boler syaing foye with back 2 back shots

no ****tard that aint back to back shots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjwKSwwcdyU

Is there anything worse than Bolerhack's Houdini thing? I'm really curious.

Please list the worst.

(Locke's Dunk of Love is bad, but I put it one small notch above Houdini)

I totally agree with you. It's really annoying. But not more annoying than advertising the sponsors after each three, or some other time during the game. It's just too much, I've not witnessed it in any other commentary.

You know who should tell the games?

Kyle Montgomery!!!!!

pretty much every sound bite of locke on 1280 the zone.

just locke in general.

seriously, with all his jargon, a simple fast break dunk, which in actuality takes about 3 seconds start to finish, will literally take him 10-15 seconds to call, and finish with something that doesnt really even make sense.

(made up, but strikes me as something he'd say)
"Burks with the loathsome leather robbery, he committed a round-ball felony guilty of all the pleasure, twirling around like a mad man, skys up to where none have gone, flies high on the wings of a dream, soars through the heavens,and languishes the laundry something nasty!"

meanwhile, during his ranting, the other team has already brought the ball down court and scored, and he has to catch up real fast.

"and courtney lee scores on the other end"

Boler may say a lot of dumb ****, but at least he sounds cool when saying it. I really loved Locke as a radio host, but listening to him call games makes me very uncomfortable.

Boler does not "sound cool." He sounds like some hack in his 50s trying to sound cool. You can tell he knows that he isn't as cool as Harpring. Ima be like HARPRING! SHIIII..

Even worse than the Houdini thing is when it gets shortened to "dini" (dee-nee). Wtf dude? There was a call at the end of the sixers game responding to when Tinsley passed behind his back to Evans, who then dunked. Bolerhack says some like, "Oh my! An oh my moment?!?! A double dee-nee?!?!". Shut the **** up dude.

"Houdini" is horrible i'm embarrassed when they say it.
"Bull in a kanter shop" WTF does this mean?
"He'd like to have that one back" - of course he would. I would like to have all misses back.
The whole fry sauce debacle
ANYTHING that Locke says. He is horrible and tries way to hard.

"Houdini" is horrible i'm embarrassed when they say it.
"Bull in a kanter shop" WTF does this mean?
"He'd like to have that one back" - of course he would. I would like to have all misses back.
The whole fry sauce debacle
ANYTHING that Locke says. He is horrible and tries way to hard.

I've heard that in some other commentaries, maybe from Raptors or some channel national. They may refer to "canter" to emphasize his crazy person-like pace when he fights for rebounds and pushes his way into the 2nd chance points. But it's still lame.

Boler does not "sound cool." He sounds like some hack in his 50s trying to sound cool. You can tell he knows that he isn't as cool as Harpring. Ima be like HARPRING! SHIIII..

Even worse than the Houdini thing is when it gets shortened to "dini" (dee-nee). Wtf dude? There was a call at the end of the sixers game responding to when Tinsley passed behind his back to Evans, who then dunked. Bolerhack says some like, "Oh my! An oh my moment?!?! A double dee-nee?!?!". Shut the **** up dude.

Cool as in, he's got a good voice, a sexy voice, a sultry voice. I'm getting all hot and bothered just thinking about it. Harpring is about as cool as AIDS though.

I watch different teams regularly and I must say Bolerhack is one of the better announcers.