What's new

Is Ty Officially Gone?

Ah makes sense, but now that's been voided. Suck it Ty!

Not entirely. WE still had to split the 4/5 lottery chances with Boston instead of getting the #4 all to ourselves. End result was about a 4% decrease in Utah's chances to move into the top 3.

Not entirely. WE still had to split the 4/5 lottery chances with Boston instead of getting the #4 all to ourselves. End result was about a 4% decrease in Utah's chances to move into the top 3.

This. Ty still screwed us.

Reports from sources that Corbin has signed a 3 year deal

I would initially respond with constitutive laughter-- but it would eventually descend into depression.

Steve Luhm of The Salt Lake Tribune, reports that it’s not a done deal and a decision could come this weekend.

"Utah won’t be rushing to hire a head coach but it also sounds like they won’t be rushing to fire one either. Despite his struggles, there’s a lot to like about Corbin and it’s likely that he lands another nice job if fired by Utah. But this is an unforgiving league that doesn’t honor potential in a head coach, it only honors winners and so far Corbin just hasn’t been that for the Jazz."

https://thacover2.com/2014/04/report-jazz-to-fire-tyrone-corbin/

Luhm is just covering for Corbin ... you know how he is, always tries to put on a good face for the Jazz.

https://www.rotoworld.com/headlines...-Corbin?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Jazz will not bring Ty Corbin back for the 2014-15 season, according to Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News.
It seemed like Corbin was on thin ice considering how his team was the worst in the Western Conference. Plus, he wasn't even a lock to make it through the season in the last year of his deal. With Corbin out, the team doesn't seem to have any candidates that jump right out, but there should be some reports in the coming days.
This is the exact same quote.
Mitch Lawrence says his source is a Jazz Exec
I doubt that.
Does anyone know what this tweet is referring to?

Ty guiding the jazz to a win in game #82 to end in a tie with Boston.

DL denied that he has met with Ty, but he didn't deny a decision has been made. He said "no comment".

Dennis Lindsey was on 1280 said no decision yet. He said it with a lot of words. It would take less words to say he is coming back.

Lindsey also said that millers had been to owners meetings in NY so they haven't even been debriefed about the season.

...as the new spokesman for the Men's Warehouse. "You're going to like the way you look. I guarantee it."

Yeah, didn't they let the guy with the deep voice go ... probably anticipating Ty coming aboard to lure more upscale black customers after Shaq turned them down.

Dennis Lindsey was on 1280 said no decision yet. He said it with a lot of words. It would take less words to say he is coming back.

Lindsey also said that millers had been to owners meetings in NY so they haven't even been debriefed about the season.

yes, they're clueless without their debriefing...

and pigs fly!

I have a good friend who is a main manager for the lhm auto group. What he tells me is that Greg and Gail both really like Ty. It's Lindsey who wants to go with a different coach. The meeting is legit and that's all he really knew. Or at least thats all he's tell me.

I know usually when the HC goes much if not all of the asst coaches are also let go, I hope they keep Brad Stevens, Alex Jensen and Johnny Bryant.