What's new

Is Ty Officially Gone?

I have a good friend who is a main manager for the lhm auto group. What he tells me is that Greg and Gail both really like Ty. It's Lindsey who wants to go with a different coach. The meeting is legit and that's all he really knew. Or at least thats all he's tell me.

I can confirm this. I have a friend that works weekends at Fanzzzz and was told the same by Gail at a luncheon in his honor (pronounced hōe-ner).

If Greggy Boy is smart(which I believe he is), he will leave the decision up to DL and not interfere.

I can confirm this. I have a friend that works weekends at Fanzzzz and was told the same by Gail at a luncheon in his honor (pronounced hōe-ner).

I as well. I have a friend in the church and he was there when Gail baptized Corbin and praised him as a god amongst coaches.

If Greg and Gail are so blinded by their loyalty to Ty without considering what's best for the Franchise, the GM, the Players and the Fans, then I say the Jazz are doomed as a franchise.

And to be honest witchu, that's really, really sad.

If Greg and Gail are so blinded by their loyalty to Ty without considering what's best for the Franchise, the GM, the Players and the Fans, then I say the Jazz are doomed as a franchise.

And to be honest witchu, that's really, really sad.

Don't lose faith just yet. Remember, there was a big discussion in the organization about rebuild/reboot. Jazz were still negotiating with Millsap and had Carroll and Foye on the hook until Lindsey won that fight. In the end, I think DL will get his wish. Lindsey declared publicly what Ty would be judged on (Defense). Jazz finished 30th. I honestly think this is a line in the sand that DL will draw. How can Lindsey be fairly evaluated on how he rebuilds the team if he can't replace the man who is in charge of running it?

Don't lose faith just yet. Remember, there was a big discussion in the organization about rebuild/reboot. Jazz were still negotiating with Millsap and had Carroll and Foye on the hook until Lindsey won that fight. In the end, I think DL will get his wish.

Makes me wonder, do you think the Jazz will get the coach before the Draft? Or would they wait until the draft and THEN go out and get a coach?

Wiggins' gonna be a pretty good drawcard for someone like Thibodeau or the Van Gundies.

Makes me wonder, do you think the Jazz will get the coach before the Draft? Or would they wait until the draft and THEN go out and get a coach?

Wiggins' gonna be a pretty good drawcard for someone like Thibodeau or the Van Gundies.
Well, if DL wants to interview any assistants, he'd at least have to wait until after the playoffs. On the other hand, there's some value in moving fast in order to have a staff in place and be able to focus 100% on the draft. I think it likely DL already has a "short list" in place, one he has been working on and revising for the past year - if not two. I'd bet on a new HC being in place for the draft. You at least want that coach to come in and run the summer league team.

Don't lose faith just yet. Remember, there was a big discussion in the organization about rebuild/reboot. Jazz were still negotiating with Millsap and had Carroll and Foye on the hook until Lindsey won that fight. In the end, I think DL will get his wish. Lindsey declared publicly what Ty would be judged on (Defense). Jazz finished 30th. I honestly think this is a line in the sand that DL will draw. How can Lindsey be fairly evaluated on how he rebuilds the team if he can't replace the man who is in charge of running it?

What's your source on negotiations with Millsap and Lindsey pulling the plug on it?

You think Thibodeau is being let go?

I say do your homework and figure out who you want and make an offer asap.
If you wait then maybe the guy you want gets snatched up by a different team.

Plus i want our new coach to have some say in drafting the type of player he wants to coach

and it’s likely that he lands another nice job if fired by Utah.

Assistant coaching jobs are "nice" gigs. College coaching job are nice gigs. I seriously doubt there is any NBA team out there hoping the Jazz fire him so they can make him a head coach. It's not like Corbin is one of those guys that can go to an interview and wow people either to help make up the gap from his track record. I think he'll have to work his way up again internally for another organization if he wants another shot at a NBA head coaching job.

Steve Luhm of The Salt Lake Tribune, reports that it’s not a done deal and a decision could come this weekend.

"Utah won’t be rushing to hire a head coach but it also sounds like they won’t be rushing to fire one either. Despite his struggles, there’s a lot to like about Corbin and it’s likely that he lands another nice job if fired by Utah. But this is an unforgiving league that doesn’t honor potential in a head coach, it only honors winners and so far Corbin just hasn’t been that for the Jazz."

https://thacover2.com/2014/04/report-jazz-to-fire-tyrone-corbin/

lol. potential.

hes got so much of it! i cant say it with a straight face. i tried.

What's your source on negotiations with Millsap and Lindsey pulling the plug on it?

You think Thibodeau is being let go?

Up until the GS trade, it was reported the Jazz were "talking" to Millsap's agent. And there had been no movement by Carroll or Foye to sign elsewhere. It was also reported in the SL newspapers that there was discussion and differing views on what road to take. Had Millsap, Foye and Carroll returned, I have no doubt the Jazz would have been in the fight for a playoff slot - and a draft pick in the 12-18 range. In the end, will the player we get at #4 be better than Millsap? And will the player we get at #23 be a wasted pick or a rotation regular. I guess that's one of the real measurements. Well that, and the fact that keeping Paul on a big long-term contract may have caused Utah to part ways n a few years with one of the "core5." Instead, Jazz have two players on rookie contracts vs. Paul at whatever he wanted (likely $10M/per). I know he took less to play for Atlanta, but at that point, there was only one team wanting his services, not two.

He's gone. Guaranteed. Listen to Dennis here: https://1280thezone.com/index.php/a...ahJazz+(Utah+Jazz,+1280+The+Zone)#When:23:33Z

If there weren't truth to the rumors and if a decision had not been made, he would have made a total refutation of the report, rather than simply not commenting. He didn't dismiss the report as non-factual, which is what is always done in the case where a report is factually inaccurate. Only reason for the delay is to get their PR ducks in a row.

I thought it was just a NY Daily News writer trying to get views until I listened to the above interview - it's very clear to me now that the journalist did, in fact, have inside information.

Bye Ty.

^^
Agree there was not exactly an endorsement of Ty. All he said was that it wasn't the Jazz way to validate a twitter post. He also said he's in charge but decisions are never unilateral. In the end, even though Greg and Gail really like Ty as a person, I think Lindsey will have the final say. And I think it's 99% certain they'll thank Ty profusely for his long coaching - and playing - career with Utah, but say they have decided to go in a different direction. It does make it infinitely easier to just let his contract expire rather than having to fire him.

I as well. I have a friend in the church and he was there when Gail baptized Corbin and praised him as a god amongst coaches.
I ordered a hamburger at a Miller theater concession stand and the cashier asked me, "Would you like Corbin with that?"