What's new

It's all Donovan's fault

Hitman

Our record is the result of Donovan's good and bad shooting nights, nothing else. And he's either really good, or really bad. It's not the starting line-up, Bricky Ricky, starting Favors, the ref's vendetta against Rudy, players tripping over Exum's leash, none of that. It's all about whether DM is on or not.

Our record in games where DM shoots 47% or more: 8-1
Our record in games where DM shoots between 42% and 47%: 0-0
Our record in games where DM shoots 42% or less: 4-11
Our record in games where DM is a DNP: 1-3

EDIT: Updates for games since original post:

Our record in games where DM shoots 42% or more: 17-2
Our record in games where DM shoots under 42%: 6-16
Our record in games where DM is a DNP: 1-3

Last edited:
Nah man. This is the wrong take.

The Jazz and everyone knew they would be an at best average offensive team.

This is the defenses fault. Jazz are suppose to be a top 3 defense.

DM has sucked on defense

Donovan hasn’t played like the Allstar we expected him to be. In my eyes he is having a disappointing season compared to how he finished last year. He is only 30% from 3 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every single player is playing worse than last year. Maybe some part of their game is above normal pace, but overall, everybody is down for what they are supposed to provide overall.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Mitchell is struggling. There is more scouting on him and he has even more pressure on him to be our main offensive weapon.

But the largest factor is that he has never been this injured in his life. He is struggling to play through injuries. Hopefully he gets healthy and other players around him step up.

Mitchell is struggling. There is more scouting on him and he has even more pressure on him to be our main offensive weapon.

But the largest factor is that he has never been this injured in his life. He is struggling to play through injuries. Hopefully he gets healthy and other players around him step up.

I agree. Then he goes off for 30. But watching him run up and down the court he doesn't look the same as last year, as Wes said. I think mentally he is second guessing every shot he takes and it's wearing on him that he can't find any kind of consistency.

How is Donovan supposed to score in this **** offense that can't hit the broadside of a barn? He gets collapsed on every time he gets the ball and NEEDS to find a shot.

He will find a way to excel, or he will become a Monta.

I think it’s pretty simple... defenses and scouting reports adapt. Teams are trying to make sure Ingles doesn’t get open looks, Rudy rolls don’t kill them, and that DM sees as much attention as possible.

Houston is experiencing this too. Thibs experienced this with his defensive pick and roll coverages. They became much less effective.

DM has disappointed but I’m not sure it’s health related. I buy the second guessing himself. Combine the rule changes with a couple injuries (I think joe’s finger is bothering him) and just some guys that started slow and this is what you get. The schedule is real and has just been overly brutal.

We need more creators and better shooting... either the current guys improve or we add new guys to the mix.

I have a feeling there will be some personnel changes in January unless things show serious and consistent signs of improvement.

There are some encouraging things... improved FT rate and 3 pt attempt rate are good... frigid shooting is not.

DM has too much pressure to try and create without having plays designed for him to shoot. When you're the only one on the team that can create their own shot, it's pretty easy to defend. We need another shot creator that can score.

DM has been getting destroyed defensively.
I don't usually notice poor defense all that much (especially in the perimeter) but his bad defense has been glaring this season.
He looks slow laterally on both ends to me. And like Wes said, he just looks"heavy" whatever that means, and see it too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app