What's new

It's all Donovan's fault

Quin has to start playing Exum, let him off the leash already. Stop caring if he can shoot, and just let him play D, distribute,
and take some of the offense creation off of DM's hands. Let him screw up as much as the rest of team, even for a week or two.
If they really think he can fit with Mitchell, they have to figure it now.

Quin has to start playing Exum, let him off the leash already. Stop caring if he can shoot, and just let him play D, distribute,
and take some of the offense creation off of DM's hands. Let him screw up as much as the rest of team, even for a week or two.

Same goes for Grayson as well. Have to give him some 30 minute games and let him take his licks. He is 23, not 19. Otherwise we should have just drafted Anfernee Simons and put him on slow bake.

Donovan shoots > 18 shots and 7 3s a game. The fact that he only gets about a quarter of those 3s (and less than 10% as 2s) as open looks is telling for his %s.

The team is getting good looks, just for the wrong players.

I agree

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Donovan shoots > 18 shots and 7 3s a game. The fact that he only gets about a quarter of those 3s (and less than 10% as 2s) as open looks is telling for his %s.

I have been saying all along that when Ricky shoots/scores well that it's fools gold. The defense gives him wide open easy shots. If he actually makes 40% of those easy open looks once in a while teams will live with that if it means that dm, Ingles, gobert are not getting looks.

It's like if you play Golden State you should always leave Draymond open and hope to God that he shoots as much as possible. If he makes them so be it. A Draymond shot is always preferable to the other guys shooting even when he makes them. Same goes for Rubio.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The flip side to this is that open Rubio 3 has been a better shot than the shots Donovan is taking (statistically, points per shot). There's a reason Quin is urging these guys to take these 3s.

The flip side to this is that open Rubio 3 has been a better shot than the shots Donovan is taking (statistically, points per shot). There's a reason Quin is urging these guys to take these 3s.

Those off the dribble 30 foot missiles by Mitchell are the worst.

Those off the dribble 30 foot missiles by Mitchell are the worst.

Yeah, they do serve a purpose keeping the defense honest and opening up driving lanes. Mitchell had a lot of success last year, and this year to an extent, getting into the lane mostly due to the threat of a pull up. The problem is he has to make more in order for it to work.

Yeah, they do serve a purpose keeping the defense honest and opening up driving lanes. Mitchell had a lot of success last year, and this year to an extent, getting into the lane mostly due to the threat of a pull up. The problem is he has to make more in order for it to work.

Right. They don't keep defenses honest when he hits them at such a horribly low rate. Just a bad shot that shouldn't be taken atm. Until he can hit it at least 30%.

When the camera is behind Mitchell he looks out of shape and the thought after seeing that is he isn't dunking the ball and he's getting blocked a lot at the rim while trying to reach away from the shotblocker. Mitchell as short as he is doesn't have the explosion of last year.

When the camera is behind Mitchell he looks out of shape and the thought after seeing that is he isn't dunking the ball and he's getting blocked a lot at the rim while trying to reach away from the shotblocker. Mitchell as short as he is doesn't have the explosion of last year.

lololol yeah ok

You know this stuff about Mitchell being "out of shape"? I think that Mitchell's body and movement do look different. He looks bigger and more muscular. I was actually surprised at how much smaller he looked in last year's highlights. No reason to be super strong at that position.

It feels like Q tweaked the offensive philosophy some from last year, and to be honest, it’s not working out so far. Most of our team is performing worse in many areas.
IIRR part of the justification for 'running it back' was that everyone knew the system, so it was easier to add to it (I can't recall if it was DL or Q said this, but I think it was Q). Well, whatever was added ain't working, and I've commented elsewhere how it looks worse, with slower ball movement and players being hesitant. DM is just the highest-profile example of it not working, and his performance seems more tightly tied to our results than anyone else's. And even that, in itself, is a problem.

I have been saying all along that when Ricky shoots/scores well that it's fools gold. The defense gives him wide open easy shots. If he actually makes 40% of those easy open looks once in a while teams will live with that if it means that dm, Ingles, gobert are not getting looks.

It's like if you play Golden State you should always leave Draymond open and hope to God that he shoots as much as possible. If he makes them so be it. A Draymond shot is always preferable to the other guys shooting even when he makes them. Same goes for Rubio.

This!

Bump.

It's all about that shot selection, doe:

Our record in games where DM shoots 42% or more: 17-2
Our record in games where DM shoots under 42%: 6-16
Our record in games where DM is a DNP: 1-3

Bump.

It's all about that shot selection, doe:

Our record in games where DM shoots 42% or more: 17-2
Our record in games where DM shoots under 42%: 6-16
Our record in games where DM is a DNP: 1-3

That is pretty amazing. Yet concerning as well.