What's new

It's obvious - Exum needs to play off the balll (for now)

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];871355 said:
He's a guard. He's a guard who is good with the ball in his hands. He was making plays for other all night long.

I saw the highlights.. from those it seems you're right. I haven't claimed to actually know anything, btw, but just passing on opinions of those that have seen him play more than anyone else.. and for a couple years.

I saw the highlights.. from those it seems you're right. I haven't claimed to actually know anything, btw, but just passing on opinions of those that have seen him play more than anyone else.. and for a couple years.

I tend to agree with those opinions, based on what I've seen. But, I also don't really want to track him into a position.... particularly when those old distinctions aren't as relevant as they once were. I think there'll be a lot of nights where he presents the biggest mismatch when playing the "point guard."

I'm more concerned about the talents they surround him with. Shooters are definitely needed, but so is someone who can take the ballhandling pressure off of him for spells.

I want to see a team that can really ATTACK, so I'm already on the bandwagon to start Exum at the "point guard". Playing him with Hay and Burks would put plenty of ballhandlers out there.

Haven't read the thread but I told everyone he has the skills but scouts say, off the record, he's not ready to lead a team yet. He's a SG as of right now.

No he's not ready to lead a team. But his skills/vision/upside is by far and away much better than Burke that even without the ability to lead a team, he'll still make this team better VS having Burke hog the ball, be indecisive and slow to act/react.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];871367 said:
But, I also don't really want to track him into a position.... particularly when those old distinctions aren't as relevant as they once were.

Wait what? I can assure you nothing you say here will have any sort of effect on Exum or his positioning on this team.

This electronic post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted via an Apple branded communication device using the Tapatalk application.

Agree with the above two.

Also, this scout said Exum reminds him of Tony Parker.. meaning, when he sees his potential, he sees a bigger and faster Parker in how he plays. Tbh, I didn't really understand that, but sharing anyway.

There's really nothing obvious that can be learned in one summer league game. He fumbled the ball a bit a couple times but only had one turnover. When he was attacking off the dribble he was fine. He saw the floor well and seems like his first instinct was to set guys up. He looked every bit the PG Burke did.

Wait what? I can assure you nothing you say here will have any sort of effect on Exum or his positioning on this team.

This electronic post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted via an Apple branded communication device using the Tapatalk application.

I'm part of the coaching staff, douchebucket.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];871388 said:

Just noticed your location is misspelled.. or is it? Maybe it's one of those things I missed.

Agree with the above two.

Also, this scout said Exum reminds him of Tony Parker.. meaning, when he sees his potential, he sees a bigger and faster Parker in how he plays. Tbh, I didn't really understand that, but sharing anyway.

I see a cross between Rubio (the way he instinctively sees opportunities and make quick passes) and D.Rose (explosiveness, quick first step).

Hotnickkk?

How can you make this assessment after one game of summer league ball?

I could tell after his defender sat on his right hand two straight times and he had trouble. I don't want to keep harping on it because I love him and don't want to come off as a detractor or hater or whatever. But we'll see, maybe I should've just said I'm concerned that could be a weakness for him early on. Not to mention, plenty of guys have had excellent careers - even HOF careers being one-hand dominant (Drexler). Just not PGs. Which was the point of the thread - that he's an off-guard and could be amazing at that.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];871396 said:
not misspelled. I'm talking about a diary (i.e. a journal). I was the very first person to ever use the term diary queen.

That's awesome that you coined that bro. Props.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];871388 said:

Can you speak more to this object of the douchebucket?

I could tell after his defender sat on his right hand two straight times and he had trouble. I don't want to keep harping on it because I love him and don't want to come off as a detractor or hater or whatever. But we'll see, maybe I should've just said I'm concerned that could be a weakness for him early on. Not to mention, plenty of guys have had excellent careers - even HOF careers being one-hand dominant (Drexler). Just not PGs. Which was the point of the thread - that he's an off-guard and could be amazing at that.

Yeah you prolly should just kept your mouth shut. Prolly get negged a ton.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];871396 said:
not misspelled. I'm talking about a diary (i.e. a journal). I was the very first person to ever use the term diary queen.

Gotcha.. I always noticed it and thought you were fighting with Dalamon and UGLI over the dairy queened thing.

Can you speak more to this object of the douchebucket?

it's a bucket-shaped receptacle. It catches the discharge that results from a vaginal washing.