What's new

IT'S ON: Utah Jazz v. OKC Thunder -- Game 1

Trap games can happen at anytime. A trap game is a game that on paper or by record you should win. It doesn't have to happen mid-season at all, why would you say something so obvious?

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app
It's more than that. A trap game is a game that is taken for granted, not just calculated on paper. It's a game against a more unpredictable opponent that has a shot to break out but that most people assume should lose. So with CP3 on a new team you would expect we would win this, but they could put it together better than expected and beat us. That's a trap game. Especially when we, as fans, perceive that the team is taking it for granted and therefore not playing as hard as they can.

Cracks me up where CP3 has ended up. If the stars had aligned he could have been playing with AD. Funny how the incessant need to be "the man", and play in the big markets, take players on such convoluted career trajectories.

Oh how the mighty hath fallen.

It's more than that. A trap game is a game that is taken for granted, not just calculated on paper. It's a game against a more unpredictable opponent that has a shot to break out but that most people assume should lose. So with CP3 on a new team you would expect we would win this, but they could put it together better than expected and beat us. That's a trap game. Especially when we, as fans, perceive that the team is taking it for granted and therefore not playing as hard as they can.
Your definition is definitely better than mine, but they both have the same conclusion.

I think that CP3 is going to try to play towards a trade to a playoff team. There are some pretty good players on the Thunder, and a lot of people have written them off because they dont have "sexy" players like George, Westbrook. I think players that have been written off have more to play for to prove a point. Therefore, this I believe is a trap game

Your definition is definitely better than mine, but they both have the same conclusion.

I think that CP3 is going to try to play towards a trade to a playoff team. There are some pretty good players on the Thunder, and a lot of people have written them off because they dont have "sexy" players like George, Westbrook. I think players that have been written off have more to play for to prove a point. Therefore, this I believe is a trap game

Adams is quality, if we didn't have Rudy I love him to play for us.

Adams is quality, if we didn't have Rudy I love him to play for us.
Gallinari, Schroder, cp3, gilgeous-Alexander, and adams are all good players. Okc is probably going to ship out cp3, Adams and gallinari by the trade deadline. It would make sense that those players would try harder to make their trade stock go up just so they could go to a playoff team.

This OKC team is low-key good, not western conference playoffs good, but a +500 team... until the trade deadline that is.

Edit: probably not a +.500 team but close to a .500 team

Gallinari, Schroder, cp3, gilgeous-Alexander, and adams are all good players. Okc is probably going to ship out cp3, Adams and gallinari by the trade deadline. It would make sense that those players would try harder to make their trade stock go up just so they could go to a playoff team.

This OKC team is low-key good, not western conference playoffs good, but a +500 team... until the trade deadline that is.

Edit: probably not a +.500 team but close to a .500 team

Nobody is eating Christina's contract, except maybe Raymond Felton but he eats everything. Jerami Grant is their only player I would want.

Hmmm... not sure, I just saw a Denver game and he was there. Going back to OKC, Adams would be a hell of a backup C for Gobert. It'll never happen but one could dream

He's probably the 3rd best center in the west. Jokic, Rudy then him. Is AD a four or a 5? KAT gets an honourable mention. He's actually the guy thats gives Rudy the most trouble too, he took Jokic and KATs lunch money last year.