What's new

IT'S ON: Utah Jazz v. OKC Thunder -- Game 1

He's probably the 3rd best center in the west. Jokic, Rudy then him. Is AD a four or a 5? KAT gets an honourable mention. He's actually the guy thats gives Rudy the most trouble too, he took Jokic and KATs lunch money last year.
I would put (in no order): Jokic, Nurkic, Gobert, Towns, Porzingus (c?), over Adams in the west. AD has said he wants to be a PF

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

I would put (in no order): Jokic, Nurkic, Gobert, Towns, Porzingus (c?), over Adams in the west. AD has said he wants to be a PF

I doubt Nurkic will be the same player for a bit, is the unicorn playing the 5? And id still have Adams over KAT, probs have Capella before him too.

I think this is going to be much closer than would appear on the surface. It’ll be cool seeing Gallinari playing for the Jazz later this year, though.

I know it's dumb to say game 1 is a must win but it's our easiest game out of our first 10 besides the suns in Phoenix. So it's kind of a must win due to the difficulty of our early schedule and the fact that it is one of our easier games and the fact that we need some good momentum after that rough pre season.

Must win

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I doubt Nurkic will be the same player for a bit, is the unicorn playing the 5? And id still have Adams over KAT, probs have Capella before him too.
I agree with Nurkic, who knows how good he will be when he gets back. Porzingus is listed as a PF,... a 7'2" pf... NBA you're now weird.

I forgot about Capella, in a vacuum I would rather have Adams, I think a lot of capellas game is based on who he plays with (getting lobs), I would put Adams ahead of him imho. Kat is going to put up crazy numbers this year... and only get 38 wins.

OKC isn't going to be as bad as so many people think they'll be. And they're going to be a pain in coming seasons now that Presti has tons of picks to work with.

I hope Bojan has things sorted out. If that's the case and he plays well the Jazz will be fine.

OKC isn't going to be as bad as so many people think they'll be. And they're going to be a pain in coming seasons now that Presti has tons of picks to work with.

I hope Bojan has things sorted out. If that's the case and he plays well the Jazz will be fine.
I think there’s something to your last paragraph; a lot rides on Bojan. If he’s not good on offense and continues to be the not-good things he’s been (exceptionally poor rebounder, passer, and defender) the Jazz will be in trouble against most teams in the west.

I’m gonna have faith about it for the first 5-10 games. Hopefully I can believe because of evidence well before then.

I think there’s something to your last paragraph; a lot rides on Bojan. If he’s not good on offense and continues to be the not-good things he’s been (exceptionally poor rebounder, passer, and defender) the Jazz will be in trouble against most teams in the west.

I’m gonna have faith about it for the first 5-10 games. Hopefully I can believe because of evidence well before then.

My hope is when I look at his career stats. If he can shoot close to his career stats everything will be great. It's strange. I looked at his game log from last season and maybe 1 in every 15 games he shoot poorly. That happens. And I get he's on a new team and needs to adjust but his shooting was not falling - AT ALL- and that can't solely be blamed on adjusting to a new team.

Having said that I think he'll figure it out as he did play well in a few preseason games. It'd be cool to see a video of his shots against the Bucks and Blazers to see how his shot looked and to consider why it wasn't falling.

My hope is when I look at his career stats. If he can shoot close to his career stats everything will be great. It's strange. I looked at his game log from last season and maybe 1 in every 15 games he shoot poorly. That happens. And I get he's on a new team and needs to adjust but his shooting was not falling - AT ALL- and that can't solely be blamed on adjusting to a new team.

Having said that I think he'll figure it out as he did play well in a few preseason games. It'd be cool to see a video of his shots against the Bucks and Blazers to see how his shot looked and to consider why it wasn't falling.
Shooters have a rhythm. That includes shooting without hesitation. If you’re hyper-cognizing elements of a new system, then you’re probably hesitating a bit... or at least thinking about things that you shouldn’t be (if making a shot is your objective).

Moving to a new system can conceivably be blamed for preseason funks.

I read somewhere recently that Bojan usually shoots like **** in the preseason (had some preseason even worse than with us before) but once the season starts he is dead on.

Cracks me up where CP3 has ended up. If the stars had aligned he could have been playing with AD. Funny how the incessant need to be "the man", and play in the big markets, take players on such convoluted career trajectories.

Oh how the mighty hath fallen.
CP3 gonna make near 40 million this season.. thats what you call "how the mighty hath fallen"?

zjdIYm2.gif

CP3 gonna make near 40 million this season.. thats what you call "how the mighty hath fallen"?

zjdIYm2.gif
Who was the person on this forum who followed DWill into the KFC in Sugarhouse and took pictures of him eating lunch?

Shooters have a rhythm. That includes shooting without hesitation. If you’re hyper-cognizing elements of a new system, then you’re probably hesitating a bit... or at least thinking about things that you shouldn’t be (if making a shot is your objective).

Moving to a new system can conceivably be blamed for preseason funks.

This is true. Not just of shooting... offense in general. I get a very "don't want to rock the boat" vibe from him this preseason. Someone needs to tell him to just gun threes... takes the pressure and thinking out of it. If you think you can get the shot off... just shoot. We have enough guys making plays right now.

I'm not worried about him long term... just hoping he doesn't take 10 games to get going.

OKC is a really good team still... honestly if CP and Gallo play 70-75 games for them they could easily be the #8 seed. CP's funeral has been planned prematurely and Adams is a hell of a pick and roll partner. These guys will give us a game... defense better be ready.

I read somewhere recently that Bojan usually shoots like **** in the preseason (had some preseason even worse than with us before) but once the season starts he is dead on.

Are you trying to say that a career 39% 3pt shooter isnt actually a bad shooter all of the sudden?