What's new

It's time to bench CJ... And it's time to bury him DEEP on the bench!

You could make a case for Al costing us this win (but I'll give him a break because he's been one of the main reasons we've been winning since he came back)... And maybe even Milsap for missing a wide open shot to win it at the end of the 4th (I think Milsap is allowed to have 1 bad game down the stretch once in a while)...

But I blame this loss on CJ Miles... Missing a wide open three... Turning the ball over while up by 2 in the 1st overtime (and fouling the guy to boot)... The list goes on and on...

Aside from playing some mind blowing defense on Kobe and Durant during this stretch, the guy has done more to cost us these games then win them...

Time to go with Hayward, Burks, and Carroll... They contribute much more than Miles ever could...

Yes, I'm tired of the CJ Miles experiment... IT IS TIME TO END!

THOUGHTS??!!

The play of the day came in the last seconds of the 2nd OT.

Atlanta misses a shot and there's 1.3 seconds left on the clock.
CJ gets the rebound.
Jazz have 3 timeouts.
Jazz have 3 timeouts.
CJ thinks to himself "Hey, I got this one guys"
Hucks up a 75 foot shot and misses by the front of the iron.
Jazz get a timeout because the refs thought he was being a clown.

CJ gets the rebound.
Jazz have 3 timeouts.
Jazz have 3 timeouts.

Oh yeah... Forgot about that one... Well I did say the list goes "on and on"...

QxF4x.gif

In the Sac game CJ comes out with a few minutes left in the game and Burks makes a handful of plays which gets us the win.

In the ATL game Burks is taken out of the game with 4+ minutes left in the game and CJ stays in the game through out all the overtimes (except one play) and the Jazz don't win!

In the Sac game CJ comes out with a few minutes left in the game and Burks makes a handful of plays which gets us the win.

In the ATL game Burks is taken out of the game with 4+ minutes left in the game and CJ stays in the game through out all the overtimes (except one play) and the Jazz don't win!

While one game is hardly proof of anything I agree with you on having Burks finish games over Miles.

What about the guy that plays him at the end of the fourth in addition to the 20 mins of overtime minus whenever he fouled out? He hit one three during that entire stretch, probably missed another 4-5 of them and did nothing else.

What about the guy that plays him at the end of the fourth in addition to the 20 mins of overtime minus whenever he fouled out? He hit one three during that entire stretch, probably missed another 4-5 of them and did nothing else.

Burks singlehandedly beat the Lakers, in the 4th quarter during that stretch... The kid is clutch... It's time to play him at SG with Hayward at the end of games...

It's Ty Corbin's fault to let him play.

CJ can be useful and it's the coach who must know when he can be useful.

This game (with ATL) is 100% on Ty.

"it's tough to come into the locker with the L", giggle giggle.

"Ill tell my kids about this game one day", giggle giggle.

Good thing CJ doesn't take failure too hard.

CJ did a good job defending JJ most of the 2nd half and almost all the OTs. He hit a HUGE 3 to get the game in reach and got himself 2 very good opportunities consecutively to tie the game. For whatever reason he just missed. It happened to Sap too, an easy shot to win the game that just didn't go in. 4 chances to win the game with last shots in regulation and the first 3 OTs that were all missed by players not named CJ.

CJ would be swimming in love if he made one of those 2 layups at the end. 5 quick points to tie the game in 4 OT would have been legendary. I can't hate on a guy for missing an easy shot in a game he played pretty good the rest of the way.

CJ gets the rebound.
Jazz have 3 timeouts.
Jazz have 3 timeouts.

Don't you realize CJ needed to miss a few more or his 27% 3 point shooting average would threaten to actually go up for once?

I agree 100 percent it is time to bench CJ and move forward. I don't feel sorry for him. He embarrassed himself during the OTs. There is no way he deserved all those minutes at the expense of Burks. I was getting all excited about the team moving up to the fourth spot and being in the playoffs. However, my only request was that making the playoffs not be at the expense of playing the young guys. I wanted to chuck my computer across the room because Ty wouldn't sub in Favors or Burks to give some guys a bit of a rest. The message Ty sent last night is that I don't trust the rookies but I will let the veterans stay in regardless of how ineffective they are. I can deal with the loss but losing because the coach is either too stubborn or stupid to realize that the veterans were gassed is something I cannot over look.

One day Ty Corbin will coach a Cleveland type of team and maybe then he will realize what great team he had in his hands.

Every time a thread about CJ is started:

[video=youtube_share;0cVlTeIATBs]https://youtu.be/0cVlTeIATBs

Not fair to the other players to have to beat the other team, the refs and CJ the clown. I've been saying this since he lead the jazz out of the play offs last year by starting those last games. He just has a skill for losing. This is crazy. The fans deserve better. Bench the clown or find a coach that will.