What's new

Its Time to Tank

Why does he have to be a starter? How many teams are contenders?
This. What Dunn showed me is he can be a really effective PG of the second unit on a contender. Old school Nate McMillan. Undervalued by casual box score watchers, but appreciated and respected by those close to the program.

Why does he have to be a starter? How many teams are contenders?
If he’s not going to be a starter giving up 4-5 draft positions to train up a back up PG when we’re nowhere near contending seems like a mistake to me.

We should be in talent acquisition mode and drafting higher should be THE priority.

how? even if the Wizards lose today they are still at 8 as we split the series and we have much better stats than they do for the tie breaker, even if we lost to the Nuggets.
I get the argument, just don't think it will matter at all. how many times has a team that lost a coin flip if it came to that ended up moving up in the lottery instead of the team that was one pick ahead before the drawing? I think its not a big deal when the % are all bad after the top 4 anyway. If we wanted a good shot at Wemby we would have had to sent Don and Rudy to the Rockets and Spurs
I don’t think anyone here realistically think we can get Wemby..

But the difference between 8th and 9th pick could be Hendricks vs Black.. the difference in ceiling between those 2 in my opinion is vast.

I don’t think anyone here realistically think we can get Wemby..

But the difference between 8th and 9th pick could be Hendricks vs Black.. the difference in ceiling between those 2 in my opinion is vast.
in that scenario its not between Black at all. He is going late teens at the earliest, unless someone gets drunk and takes up the wrong card.
Hendricks is getting overrated now also. He will probably be there at 9 if DA wants him easy , but he just traded Vander for basically nothing so unless he leaps like Diallo and sports a 7'4 ws or something elite Hendricks probably aint the pick.
He wont and he does not have that legth imo is all I am suggesting. Do like the potential to some degree.
I would think Sidy or Hawkins or even a freakish project like Auser are more likely our target at 9 with chalk picks sooner gone, than some bum one dimensional clown like Black.
We have plenty of incentive to trade the pick completely which given the lack of interest by this org to go full tank, may be the clue that is exactly what will happen.

in that scenario its not between Black at all. He is going late teens at the earliest, unless someone gets drunk and takes up the wrong card.
Hendricks is getting overrated now also. He will probably be there at 9 if DA wants him easy , but he just traded Vander for basically nothing so unless he leaps like Diallo and sports a 7'4 ws or something elite Hendricks probably aint the pick.
He wont and he does not have that legth imo is all I am suggesting. Do like the potential to some degree.
I would think Sidy or Hawkins or even a freakish project like Auser are more likely our target at 9 with chalk picks sooner gone, than some bum one dimensional clown like Black.
We have plenty of incentive to trade the pick completely which given the lack of interest by this org to go full tank, may be the clue that is exactly what will happen.
There’s too much opinion being worded as truths in there bro..

Have a nice day.

Jason Kidd is going to become the scapegoat for their end of season. He’s gone this off-season or next.
I wasn't suggesting we model anything after the Mavs. They dumb. But, they showed their cards and Kidd, at least, executed the plan. Jazz execution was pretty bad.

We finished the season with 2-9 in our last 11. The proper tank started late but it was doomed with us being in contention for too long, not by how we finished it.

Many of you act like the coach and players should have tried less because they "werent good enough to win a championship". Please articulate how you tell that to them and get away without losing them?

Furthermore its just 1 of our 15 picks, and the uncertainty of draft means its far from guaranteed to make or break the franchise. What we lost by being too good was some percentages.