What's new

Its Time to Tank

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Interesting article from Marc Stein about the Jazz and whether it's too late for them to tank because of their hot start to the season. Definitely worth the read.

As confirmed by Adams' research: Since 1983-84, when the NBA expanded its playoff format to eight teams per conference, 111 teams have started precisely at 12-6.

No less than 101 of those 111 reached the playoffs.

The 10 that fell short, furthermore, won at least 33 games ... while combining to win an average of 39 games. With even a total as low as 33 wins, it would take something stronger than mere good luck for #thisjazz to win the No. 1 overall pick in the lottery in May and have a clear shot at drafting Wembanyama.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Interesting article from Marc Stein about the Jazz and whether it's too late for them to tank because of their hot start to the season. Definitely worth the read.

The time to tank was before sweeping the weekend back to back I guess. The tank is dead. Just make sure to finish above Minny and push them to the play in or out of the playoffs. Win the Wemby sweepstakes the gansta way.

FrenchJazzFa

2022 Award Winner
Tank is not dead. We may be a 50% before Mike back.... worst case is then we remain a 35-40 wins team. Nothing to win in this area....

David Stern

If we’re gonna tank, gotta trade Mike asap when he comes back. This season has already been a success in my mind, I don’t really care which direction we want to go

FrenchJazzFa

2022 Award Winner
After 20 games, i see us as a team able to have great games but will lack of consistency to remain a top 4-6 team. No interest to ended 8 or 10. Let's see the next games but time to trade may come.

sip

I have my eye on Olynyk to the warriors to help facilitate more of the tank. I think Olynyk for Wiseman and Patrick Baldwin makes sense for both teams. I love the potential of Baldwin. He is the type of guy that if he got healthy and stayed in college would have probably been a lottery pick this year.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
If we’re gonna tank, gotta trade Mike asap when he comes back. This season has already been a success in my mind, I don’t really care which direction we want to go
We are too good to tank. Will take another long term injury or trade as well as moving Mike. Problem with trades is I want to keep Lauri, Beasley long term… team wants to keep JC long term… so moving Vando/KO/Mike might be tough to recoup good value.

sip

We are too good to tank. Will take another long term injury or trade as well as moving Mike. Problem with trades is I want to keep Lauri, Beasley long term… team wants to keep JC long term… so moving Vando/KO/Mike might be tough to recoup good value.
I don't think we are too good to tank into that 6 to 8 spot and I think that is a great spot to be in this draft. Still gives us a shot to move up but there will be plenty of great prospects to choose from if we stay in that range.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
I have my eye on Olynyk to the warriors to help facilitate more of the tank. I think Olynyk for Wiseman and Patrick Baldwin makes sense for both teams. I love the potential of Baldwin. He is the type of guy that if he got healthy and stayed in college would have probably been a lottery pick this year.

Trading Olynyk does not help us tank. He’s been awful lately.

MT Steve

Contributor
I don't think we are too good to tank into that 6 to 8 spot and I think that is a great spot to be in this draft. Still gives us a shot to move up but there will be plenty of great prospects to choose from if we stay in that range.
I've said this already, and it's even more true since we've racked up more wins: The 6-8 range is typically around 30 wins.

We're not going to finish 18-44.