What's new

Its Time to Tank

After 20 games, i see us as a team able to have great games but will lack of consistency to remain a top 4-6 team. No interest to ended 8 or 10. Let's see the next games but time to trade may come.

I have my eye on Olynyk to the warriors to help facilitate more of the tank. I think Olynyk for Wiseman and Patrick Baldwin makes sense for both teams. I love the potential of Baldwin. He is the type of guy that if he got healthy and stayed in college would have probably been a lottery pick this year.

If we’re gonna tank, gotta trade Mike asap when he comes back. This season has already been a success in my mind, I don’t really care which direction we want to go
We are too good to tank. Will take another long term injury or trade as well as moving Mike. Problem with trades is I want to keep Lauri, Beasley long term… team wants to keep JC long term… so moving Vando/KO/Mike might be tough to recoup good value.

We are too good to tank. Will take another long term injury or trade as well as moving Mike. Problem with trades is I want to keep Lauri, Beasley long term… team wants to keep JC long term… so moving Vando/KO/Mike might be tough to recoup good value.
I don't think we are too good to tank into that 6 to 8 spot and I think that is a great spot to be in this draft. Still gives us a shot to move up but there will be plenty of great prospects to choose from if we stay in that range.

I have my eye on Olynyk to the warriors to help facilitate more of the tank. I think Olynyk for Wiseman and Patrick Baldwin makes sense for both teams. I love the potential of Baldwin. He is the type of guy that if he got healthy and stayed in college would have probably been a lottery pick this year.

Trading Olynyk does not help us tank. He’s been awful lately.

I don't think we are too good to tank into that 6 to 8 spot and I think that is a great spot to be in this draft. Still gives us a shot to move up but there will be plenty of great prospects to choose from if we stay in that range.
I've said this already, and it's even more true since we've racked up more wins: The 6-8 range is typically around 30 wins.

We're not going to finish 18-44.

Considering this is the hardest part of our schedule, in b2b's, road-heavy, games against .500+ teams, etc... and our remaining schedule is easy as hell, I'd say being above .500 after 22 games is incredible and the team would be dumb as hell to overreact to "almost being .500" after it.

I don't care what Ainge say's publicly, I still think his only goal is building a contender going forward. He's likely looking for any excuse to trade off some of the vets in order to acquire more assets, and most importantly help our positioning in the draft. If he was given some truth serum, I think he would say that he would prefers not to make the playoffs this year.

Last edited:
I don't think the pro-tankers realize how insane it would be at this point to expect this team to finish 18-44 against a relatively easy remaining schedule, even if they unload a couple vets for nothing -tonight-.

I've said this already, and it's even more true since we've racked up more wins: The 6-8 range is typically around 30 wins.

We're not going to finish 18-44.
This year is different. There are alot more solid teams than there has ever been.

I don't think the pro-tankers realize how insane it would be at this point to expect this team to finish 18-44 against a relatively easy remaining schedule, even if they unload a couple vets for nothing -tonight-.

I’ve heard this stat repeated a few times but 192 out of 201 teams in NBA history that started the year with 12 wins in the first 18 games have made the playoffs. We’re going to make the playoffs if we didn’t make a trade.

You don't seem to be paying attention to the standings. The jazz are a couple games away from being the 10th seed in the west and that is with the warriors and Lakers behind them. Both those teams could jump us easily. Then in the east you only really have 3 bad teams in the magic, Pistons and hornets. It would actually be pretty easy to get into that 6 to 8 range within a month.

You don't seem to be paying attention to the standings. The jazz are a couple games away from being the 10th seed in the west and that is with the warriors and Lakers behind them. Both those teams could jump us easily. Then in the east you only really have 3 bad teams in the magic, Pistons and hornets. It would actually be pretty easy to get into that 6 to 8 range within a month.
lmao

The Lakers are garbage dude. They've played 10 home games and 6 road games, and have had a piss easy schedule.

time to tank. This cute feel good story is nice but it's going nowhere and the whole reason to sell off the team was they claim to be serious about winning a title. Sell JC high, either trade Mike or load manage the hell out of him, trade Olynyk and let TC Sexton loose with the ball. We've found 2-3 real keepers for the future, craploads of assets and one real high lotto pick will set up the next 15 years

I’m just not sure… when I started the thread I thought we’d go 0-2 on the Suns Blazers games. Let down games like tonight and against the Knicks will happen… I think we have some auto wins coming down the road. We have a handful of guys that can go nuclear and it means you win some games you shouldn’t.

I just think we will have to take pretty drastic options to tank and it will be a tough look. We may very well end up with like the 12-14th pick… which sucks but I think we end up playing it straight unless good opportunities arise.

The only way I see a tank coming is if we did a 3 for 1 deal with the Lakers and sent Russ packing… would be tough to justify it with the Lakers giving up just 1 pick… they suck so bad I think they won’t consider sending both picks in almost any deal… but if you sent out Mike/KO/Beasley that could put us in the race.