What's new

Its Time to Tank

Ainge is probably overall happy.

The team has over performed enough to boost the value of the individual players, but they aren't good enough to sustain it.

Would have been hard to trade dudes if you are the first overall seed. When youre battling for the play in it's much easier to sell to fans.

We’re a half game out of the 1 seed, Copernicus.

I understand this completely. I have not been ae to hold down a job since my wife passed. It is taking a lot therapy to continue at times.

Stay away from Simmons.

*PS i am getting my MBA while I get better

Sorry to hear that.

I think if mine kicked the bucket, I’d be all over getting some strange.

Lets get back to this when Mike is back. If we go like 3-7 or 2-8 run with him being back,then i do not care whatever Ainge will do.

The Lakers are playing way better and are about to get LeBron back. They won't turn into a great team but they are probably a .500 team when it is all said and done.
Mighty bold of you to assume that LeBron and AD will be magically healthy the rest of the season.

Even IF that happens which it sure as hell won't, I still don't think they're a .500 team.

Honestly, there are some pretty interesting players being mentioned in potential trades.

Wiseman and Kuminga are being thrown out there and I wouldnt mind taking a flyer on them.

John Collins is a buy low

Kenrich Williams maybe

Mo Bomba - centers always have a longer learning curve

Jaxson Hayes

RJ Hampton - my number one target

Jonathan Isaac maybe

Hell Gary Harris is one of my favorite players and is only 28 and might be had

I have heard Bogdan Bogdanović name thrown around

Matisse Thybull also mentioned

Rui Hachimura but he serious lack of defense scares me a lot

Maybe pry a player like Brandon Clarke away from the Grizz
Saddiq Bey and Kyle Kuzma are a couple of names I’ve seen mentioned in rumors also.

Bey, Thybulle, Hachimura, Wiseman, Kuminga and Hayes are all interesting to me. Jazz can definitely afford to move on from some of their vets on 2 year deals. Flip them while their value is still high.

Or go big if a star player comes available. Jazz should be able to put together a solid package if they want to.

If I’m being perfectly honest, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the Jazz trade away multiple players to build around Lauri.

I’d love to see them go get another legit All-Star player to pair with Markkanen. I’m curious to see who comes available at the trade deadline. Jazz can be both buyers and sellers this year.

Conley, Beasley, Vando, Olynyk and THT should all be valued higher than they were at the start of the season. One thing I know about Danny Ainge is that he will drive a hard bargain and NO player is entirely off limits.

Considering this is the hardest part of our schedule, in b2b's, road-heavy, games against .500+ teams, etc... and our remaining schedule is easy as hell, I'd say being above .500 after 22 games is incredible and the team would be dumb as hell to overreact to "almost being .500" after it.

Yep, this. It is pretty damn obvious for those who actually know what is going on.

I understand this completely. I have not been ae to hold down a job since my wife passed. It is taking a lot therapy to continue at times.

Stay away from Simmons.

*PS i am getting my MBA while I get better
That must be really hard to deal with. Sorry to hear that. If you need some support please reach out. This message board can be terrible at times but most of the people here are pretty great and happy to help if we can.

Considering this is the hardest part of our schedule, in b2b's, road-heavy, games against .500+ teams, etc... and our remaining schedule is easy as hell, I'd say being above .500 after 22 games is incredible and the team would be dumb as hell to overreact to "almost being .500" after it.
The transition without Mike will continue to hurt the win losses column, maybe. Probably hangs on if others can fill void fast enough. Sexton did a fantastic job with a career high 12 dimes, but they need to get more efficient production from others playing off him, which none of them are used to doing yet. Add the defensive woes in the paint, and from Sexton himself, this team could easily go on a ten game skid without it. Mike gets traded right after I bet if they do. But I don't think I would bet on tanking being the motivation yet

Mighty bold of you to assume that LeBron and AD will be magically healthy the rest of the season.

Even IF that happens which it sure as hell won't, I still don't think they're a .500 team.
I'm not assuming that they won't be missing games but as long as both guys are relatively healthy the rest of the season then I think the Lakers will be a .500 team.

Last edited:
Let's wait amother few games. but We may becoming a tanking team without really workig for it. Last 7 games show a lot of weak point on this team. ANd if we trade one or 2 pcs like Mike, or Beasley, then we are bad for sure.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_11-26-2022_10-30-42AM.png

I wonder if a trade like this could work. Obviously Wiseman has been terrible, but he's still the 2nd overall pick and supposedly he was the owners guy (I think I heard that on the hoop collective). Would the Hornets have to upgrade it with a lottery protected first?

View attachment 13447

I wonder if a trade like this could work. Obviously Wiseman has been terrible, but he's still the 2nd overall pick and supposedly he was the owners guy (I think I heard that on the hoop collective). Would the Hornets have to upgrade it with a lottery protected first?
Olynyk has been pretty bad lately, but I'm not flipping one of our rare front court shooters for a dude with a career 56 FT%.

View attachment 13447

I don’t think the warriors are ready to sell that low on those guys… maybe for Wiseman but not Moody too. I’d do it in a nano second.

I don’t think the warriors are ready to sell that low on those guys… maybe for Wiseman but not Moody too. I’d do it in a nano second.
KO would be so good for them in a 20-25 mpg role. They probably want another player piece but it's hard with their salaries to make trades that make sense.