What's new

Its Time to Tank

View attachment 13447

I wonder if a trade like this could work. Obviously Wiseman has been terrible, but he's still the 2nd overall pick and supposedly he was the owners guy (I think I heard that on the hoop collective). Would the Hornets have to upgrade it with a lottery protected first?
I like it

View attachment 13447

I wonder if a trade like this could work. Obviously Wiseman has been terrible, but he's still the 2nd overall pick and supposedly he was the owners guy (I think I heard that on the hoop collective). Would the Hornets have to upgrade it with a lottery protected first?

I don't think they would be willing to move Moody. I would gladly do Olynyk for Wiseman and Patrick Baldwin though.

We're turning the corner, let's get this tank rolling boys.

I appreciated the exciting start to the season, but I think it's time to let it go.

We're turning the corner, let's get this tank rolling boys.

I appreciated the exciting start to the season, but I think it's time to let it go.

Whatever happens happens. Just enjoy the ride. We might go on a huge winning streak soon and be at the top of the west. We might continue to lose and be at the bottom. Or we might stay in the middle.

We are set up for future success regardless thanks to danny ainge killing it this past off season.

Having said that, i have hated losing these games and hope we go on a huge winning streak. If we keep losing i will recognize the benefit of those losses though and still be excited for our future.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Wiseman could be worth a punt. He certainly has some skills and he is tall. His feel for the game is pretty horrendous (abysmal defensive awareness) when I've watched but maybe it will improve.

Somebody else that I would like to see given a chance is Goga Bitadze. He is a bit of a clumsy headcase, but there are some skills there as well. Would be worth giving a chance since Pacers don't use him. Watching him and THT playing together would be hilarious at least.

In general taking on some reclamation projects sounds like the right direction.

Last edited:
Wiseman could be worth a punt. He certainly has some skills and he is tall. His feel for the game is pretty horrendous (abysmal defensive awareness) when I've watched but maybe it will improve.

Somebody else that I would like to see given a chance is Goga Bitadze. He is a bit of a clumsy headcase, but there are some skills there as well. Would be worth giving a chance since Pacers don't use him. Watching him and THT playing together would be hilarious at least.

In general taking on some reclamation projects sounds like the right direction.
Given you seemingly wise, but incredibly obvious copy and paste takes on Sexton as a PG, 3 games into his career actually playing the position. Then some how not knowing basketball beyond scoring, I find it laughable you think the Jazz should be interested in aquiring an injury prone prima, who is all about himself, and is in fact like you admit, abysmal regarding his game IQ.
Remember, we know or should know, you are a current user who created a new user name to bolster your Sexton hate smh If you are not for some reason you might as well be.
The only people agreeing with the Sexton haters are just burner accounts of people who are always wrong.

I find it difficult to enjoy games where there is no consequence and losing is better. The NBA is just tough to follow these days when the results don't matter.

Given you seemingly wise, but incredibly obvious copy and paste takes on Sexton as a PG, 3 games into his career actually playing the position. Then some how not knowing basketball beyond scoring, I find it laughable you think the Jazz should be interested in aquiring an injury prone prima, who is all about himself, and is in fact like you admit, abysmal regarding his game IQ.
Remember, we know or should know, you are a current user who created a new user name to bolster your Sexton hate smh If you are not for some reason you might as well be.
The only people agreeing with the Sexton haters are just burner accounts of people who are always wrong.

So you want to defend Sexton as having only played 3 games as a PG (ignoring the fact he has been in the league for 4 seasons prior), but you call Wiseman a prima and not worth a roster spot? I do think Wiseman has abysmal basketball IQ, but he is also 21, 7ft tall and the thread is about tanking (for which he would certainly help). Wiseman's value is absolutely low right now and the Warriors need to do something. The Jazz aren't going to be contending so you can take a punt on a young player like Wiseman so long as the price is low. I don't hold out much hope that he works it out, but its possible and he has the frame for a high potential. I don't like Wiseman's game, but its a case of buying low on potential. Its the same logic behind the Sexton contract (I don't disagree with the logic. I just don't enjoy watching Sexton's style of play).

I'd rather the Jazz didn't tank and didn't trade for somebody like Wiseman, but if you want to tank, then he seems like a good option with upside to regain value at least.

As for creating an account, you seem to suggest I am some kind of troll. But the reality is simple, I was just enjoying watching the Utah squad and shared my opinion on Sexton because it stood out to me each game (and I wanted to vent). Not saying he is a complete scrub, simply that I do not like his style of play and that he has a lot of areas to work on.

So you want to defend Sexton as having only played 3 games as a PG (ignoring the fact he has been in the league for 4 seasons prior), but you call Wiseman a prima and not worth a roster spot? I do think Wiseman has abysmal basketball IQ, but he is also 21, 7ft tall and the thread is about tanking (for which he would certainly help). Wiseman's value is absolutely low right now and the Warriors need to do something. The Jazz aren't going to be contending so you can take a punt on a young player like Wiseman so long as the price is low. I don't hold out much hope that he works it out, but its possible and he has the frame for a high potential. I don't like Wiseman's game, but its a case of buying low on potential. Its the same logic behind the Sexton contract (I don't disagree with the logic. I just don't enjoy watching Sexton's style of play).

I'd rather the Jazz didn't tank and didn't trade for somebody like Wiseman, but if you want to tank, then he seems like a good option with upside to regain value at least.

As for creating an account, you seem to suggest I am some kind of troll. But the reality is simple, I was just enjoying watching the Utah squad and shared my opinion on Sexton because it stood out to me each game (and I wanted to vent). Not saying he is a complete scrub, simply that I do not like his style of play and that he has a lot of areas to work on.
I don't like most NBA players style of play and tbh mostly the game is ugly most of the time, buts thats the modern NBA for you. All I can say at this point is Sexton is not why they lost these last 3.
He has a lot to do changing responsibility, from being a score first player in Cleveland, and more of a team oriented leader here. Maybe the odds are stacked against him if you beleive he is low IQ as you seem to think. I don't think thats what it is at all.

I don't like most NBA players style of play and tbh mostly the game is ugly most of the time, buts thats the modern NBA for you. All I can say at this point is Sexton is not why they lost these last 3.
He has a lot to do changing responsibility, from being a score first player in Cleveland, and more of a team oriented leader here. Maybe the odds are stacked against him if you beleive he is low IQ as you seem to think. I don't think thats what it is at all.
Personally, I'd love it if Sexton turned his ballhog/gunner/tank commander career around and became someone capable of running a team and contributing to winning basketball.

I just don't believe in miracles.

This is a guy who had all the opportunities in the NBA world from Day 1. Unquestioned ball dominance, neverending green light, zero accountability. What use did he make of it all? He put up a lot of points, pissed off a lot of his teammates and lost a lot of games. You can say the losing was all about the guys he played with but I don't believe you.

He has a role. I'd like to see him play it. 15 to 20 minutes off the bench, pure scorer, the easiest defensive assignments you can find.

That's as far as I will go.

Personally, I'd love it if Sexton turned his ballhog/gunner/tank commander career around and became someone capable of running a team and contributing to winning basketball.

I just don't believe in miracles.

This is a guy who had all the opportunities in the NBA world from Day 1. Unquestioned ball dominance, neverending green light, zero accountability. What use did he make of it all? He put up a lot of points, pissed off a lot of his teammates and lost a lot of games. You can say the losing was all about the guys he played with but I don't believe you.

He has a role. I'd like to see him play it. 15 to 20 minutes off the bench, pure scorer, the easiest defensive assignments you can find.

That's as far as I will go.
Again old takes on Sexton in Cleveland, all they put around him was trash rookies and misfits. Garland was garbage as a rookie and not much better year 2 when they handed him the keys not Sexton. Of course that was the only play they had since Garland sucked and would continue the tank. Okoro who offerrs no spacing game at all, was a starter as a rookie in Sextons 3rd season. Cavs played few healthy veterans ever to help him, and when they did like Kevin Love, he just got magically hurt again and again and again. Fact is Cavs handed the keys to Garland, in Sextons second season placing Sexton in a score first role by design not because he could not play team ball.