What's new

Its Time to Tank

I'll make sure to get an audio book version done for the reading challenged such as yourself
I don't like to make things personal, but you really want me to so I will entertain you this once.
Show me proof that I cannot read. Like something along these lines:

Page 32:
Every player and pieces matters, but you cannot credit Barnes (and thus, their tanking) much for their 2015 chip or 2016 finals.
Page 34:
Tanking was a byproduct of the Steph injury more than anything.
Your witty reply:
Uhh, tanking is about getting better for the future man. You can spin it however you want, it's a tanking move.

If you have trouble interpreting things, I will try my best to help you:
I was never arguing whether they tanked. I was arguing that it wasn't the tanking that brought them the chips.

Who looks like the illiterate one? You should really think carefully who you try to call out and what for....

I don't like to make things personal, but you really want me to so I will entertain you this once.
Show me proof that I cannot read. Like something along these lines:

Page 32:

Page 34:

Your witty reply:

If you have trouble interpreting things, I will try my best to help you:
I was never arguing whether they tanked. I was arguing that it wasn't the tanking that brought them the chips.

Who looks like the illiterate one? You should really think carefully who you try to call out and what for....
You seem mad

Annoyed would be a better term, but I guess that depends on the perspective. I do apologize for going over the top there. I am usually pretty civil while argumenting, but you just pushed the wrong buttons on a wrong day.
All good man .. tanking’s a sensitive subject around these parts mostly because people want instant gratification.

Llife just don’t work like that.

Sometimes you gotta take a step back to make a jump.

We'll have to agree to disagree on their intent then, but regardless, if the Jazz traded somebody like, say, Conley or Clarkson, for an injured or young player that they felt would make the team better in the future regardless of how this year's pick turns out, I wouldn't complain.
Bogut is part of the return of the tank for GS. That move was made literally as they decided to tank… they don’t make that move otherwise.

I wouldn’t complain if they tanked so would be fine with that type of deal. I just think it’s wrong to say they didn’t benefit from tanking just because Barnes had a bad finals… he helped them and so did bogut.

I think you guys are arguing semantics at this point.

GSW tanked to get Barnes and ended up with Bogut as a part of that process. Turns out that their draft and develop talent (healthy Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green) were the most crucial parts of their their success and allowed them to add other key parts (Andrew Bogut, Andre Iguodala and Kevin Durant) to take them to another level - which has sustained them for almost a decade of success.

These next 7 games will probably determine if we begin to sell off pieces of this roster.

vs Warriors
vs Wolves
@ Nugs
vs Pelicans
vs Pelicans
@ Bucks
@ Cavs

At best I think we go 4-3 during that span but if we are lucky I think we could go 1-6. If that happens then we will likely already be sitting in that 6-8 draft range so we just need to part out a few pieces and strategically rest guys to maintain that level.

These next 7 games will probably determine if we begin to sell off pieces of this roster.

vs Warriors
vs Wolves
@ Nugs
vs Pelicans
vs Pelicans
@ Bucks
@ Cavs

At best I think we go 4-3 during that span but if we are lucky I think we could go 1-6. If that happens then we will likely already be sitting in that 6-8 draft range so we just need to part out a few pieces and strategically rest guys to maintain that level.
2-5 or 3-4 seems entirely possible. Lose that Wolves game and it might be 1-6. NO playing well right now. Nugs on a back to back. Bucks Cavs are tough.

vs Warriors
vs Wolves
@ Nugs
vs Pelicans
vs Pelicans
@ Bucks
@ Cavs

I am thinking 2-5 is likely. We probably beat the Wolves and the Pels once out of the 2 tries. The rest are solid losses imo. We could surprise and win another 1 or maybe 2 if we are extremely lucky and there are injuries involved or something, or getting Conley back, etc. But the very best I think we could hope for would be 4-3, with 2-5 most likely. But really, with this team, anything from 0-7 to 7-0 is within the realm of possibility. We just don't know what we are going to do from game to game. At least we know one thing, it will be fun to watch for the most part.

vs Warriors
vs Wolves
@ Nugs
vs Pelicans
vs Pelicans
@ Bucks
@ Cavs

Tough stretch. Thus far we have an awesome record against top tier teams, and our biggest issues are dropping games to the likes of Pistons, Knicks and Rockets.

Imagine if we dont drop those 3. 17-9 looks a whole lot better than 14-12.

That being said, I see 2 or 3 wins from those home games and 0 or 1 from those very tough road games.. so best case scenarion maybe 4-3, worst 2-5.

Tank is on process. Seems that DA and staff realize that we are good but not good enough. No interest to ended 6-10 and loose at Play in or first round. Manage players smartly ( as they did tonight) and we will be bottom 6-7. Get one lucky draft and one good FA and we back on track !!

The Jazz are going to be in the 6-11 cluster for most of the season and they can choose to trade to get better or trade to get worse depending on the available options.

Tank is on process. Seems that DA and staff realize that we are good but not good enough. No interest to ended 6-10 and loose at Play in or first round. Manage players smartly ( as they did tonight) and we will be bottom 6-7. Get one lucky draft and one good FA and we back on track !!
Uhh, we just took a mostly healthy Nuggets team to clutch minutes without our two best players. I dont htink anyone has realized we arent good enough.