What's new

Its Time to Tank

Odds aren’t great but they are there. More unlikely things happens every single day. It’s a dice roll.

black-d20__50478.1663124760.jpg
Hell, we might be in the playoffs.
Give me #4

Hell, we might be in the playoffs.
Give me #4
People acting like Amen ain’t a potential all star either. Dude is athletic as hell, has amazing positional size, has skill, needs a jumper but that is a fixable issue (not a guarantee).

Cam Whitmore was considered a top 3-5 guy before the season. Has thumb surgery and misses time/camp… what if he didn’t have the surgery and Brandon Miller had thumb surgery… what do their seasons look like? Is he being slept on here?

Maybe Ausar is the better twin? Maybe he’s got some juice we haven’t seen?

Walker could be a beast…

Those guys won’t be there at 10/11… there is no guarantee you can find a fair price to move up. I get that Wemby should be effing awesome… 3% is 3%.

They all think Victor is a once-in-a-generation player, You said that's a wild assumption.

How are you not disagreeing?
He’s a generational talent/prospect… not a generational player. You hope he becomes that… injuries and such could derail that. He should change your franchise’s future… but even Lebron took a while to win titles… oden was a can’t miss dude… This one pick does not limit the ceiling of the team whether it’s Wemby or some other player… I’m simply more willing to cash in our 3% shot at that guy for the guarantee of being at #4. It’s not crazy to think that we have a much better shot at an all nba talent at #4 than we do at #10… I think its potentially a better opportunity than a 3% shot at Wemby.

"the glass was full of spoiled milk and I spilled that **** all over the carpet"
That sounds like an honest, unblinking assesment of a dire situation, which is what I like.

What I don't like is claiming a half empty glass is basically full "if it just improves its jump shot."

That's wishful thinking. Wishful thinking leads to drafting people like Chet Holmgren, Greg Oden, Zion Williamson, Michael Porter Jr and Yao Ming.

Oh, and Wemby.

That sounds like an honest, unblinking assesment of a dire situation, which is what I like.

What I don't like is claiming a half empty glass is basically full "if it just improves its jump shot."

That's wishful thinking. Wishful thinking leads to drafting people like Chet Holmgren, Greg Oden, Zion Williamson, Michael Porter Jr and Yao Ming.

Oh, and Wemby.
Yeah I was one of those who thought Zion was an accident waiting to happen. He just seemed too heavy for the way he plays to not be constantly injured.

Well, I'm calling it. Will Hardy is the commander of the Battle of Kursk, and has left a trail of tank corpses in his wake.

5ac54364a2be050494e13153681ad869--best-photo-world-war.jpg

The good news? There was really only one dude in the draft who would be worth losing what we have gained this year. And even the very worst teams don't have a very good chance of getting him.

Instead, the Jazz see that they have an absolute beast of a frontcourt for years to come. A frontcourt that is simply a pain in the *** to deal with and hard to beat no matter who is around them. Not to mention our other very promising rookie. And maybe most of all, the player development chops of our coaching staff. No matter what rookies we end up brining in you have to be excited about the fact that Hardy signed off on taking them and what he will be able to do with them developmentally.

The tank was a failure. The season is an unmitigated success. No bottoming out, treasure trove of assets, and just a fun and likable team. Onward to the future.

Well, I'm calling it. Will Hardy is the commander of the Battle of Kursk, and has left a trail of tank corpses in his wake.

The good news? There was really only one dude in the draft who would be worth losing what we have gained this year. And even the very worst teams don't have a very good chance of getting him.

Instead, the Jazz see that they have an absolute beast of a frontcourt for years to come. A frontcourt that is simply a pain in the *** to deal with and hard to beat no matter who is around them. Not to mention our other very promising rookie. And maybe most of all, the player development chops of our coaching staff. No matter what rookies we end up brining in you have to be excited about the fact that Hardy signed off on taking them and what he will be able to do with them developmentally.

The tank was a failure. The season is an unmitigated success. No bottoming out, treasure trove of assets, and just a fun and likable team. Onward to the future.
Yep

Listen... we will still get Wemby.

NBA loves great stories. Our deal with the Wolves is already a great story of one of the most disgusting thefts for the ages.... but that story needs more spice. We knock Minny out of the playoffs and hit the lottery jackpot with our 1.5% chance coming from their pick.. sealing that Gobert trade as an all time great story line that will be told everywhere for decades to come.

The trade will get a name in the media "The French Job", as a reference to the movie The Italian Job.

Last edited:

Save the tank and fire Hardy. ASAP!

As the official commissioner of the tank... I declare the tank to be dead. It is officially over. Our ultimate destiny was always to go into the play in versus Minnesota and bury them ourselves.

Mods please close the thread.

Amen.

As the official commissioner of the tank... I declare the tank to be dead. It is officially over. Our ultimate destiny was always to go into the play in versus Minnesota and bury them ourselves.

Mods please close the thread.

Amen.
Yep. Its gonna be epic. Best quotes thread of all time without a doubt.

Kelly Olynyk is like an anti-tank. The less talent you put around him the better he gets and he becomes a point center god
I actually thought he was better when the season started when he was playing more minutes and shooting like 60% from 3 or whatever. (he is down below 40% now)

He has been playing well lately though. In the last 17 games he has scored in double figures in all but 3 games.

He is averaging 13.5 points per game (those are kessler like!), 3.8 assists per game, and 7.6 rebounds.
Thats up from his season averages of 12.1 points, 3.4 assists, and 5.7 rebounds per game.

Im really liking the rebounding increase. He has stepped up over the last 17 games for sure.