What's new

Game Thread Jan 05, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 01-05-22

Bogey, Ocho, and Doka were real good. Very impressed.

Could we stop this hero ball nonsense? Especially when others are rolling? No reason for Spida to go 1 on 5 and force crappy and quick 3 pointers when we had a comfortable lead and Bogey was making bbq chicken out of Gordan.

A most impressive and satisfying win considering how many of our guys were out.

Gutsy win. One of the best of the season. I really wasn’t expecting us to hang with them and even when we were up 10 in the fourth I was expecting an inevitable offensive slump and inability to get stops. It wasn’t until 3 or 4 minutes left that I thought we could really pull it out.

It’s not like the perimeter defense was amazing, but us knowing Rudy wasn’t there changed things. This is as much a player thing as it is a Quin thing. Imagine how next level we’d be defensively if we did that and had Rudy. I think even just meeting halfway somewhere between tonight and our status quo, plus having Rudy, gets us close to the top. That’s a choice, though.

Gutsy win. One of the best of the season. I really wasn’t expecting us to hang with them and even when we were up 10 in the fourth I was expecting an inevitable offensive slump and inability to get stops. It wasn’t until 3 or 4 minutes left that I thought we could really pull it out.

It’s not like the perimeter defense was amazing, but us knowing Rudy wasn’t there changed things. This is as much a player thing as it is a Quin thing. Imagine how next level we’d be defensively if we did that and had Rudy. I think even just meeting halfway somewhere between tonight and our status quo, plus having Rudy, gets us close to the top. That’s a choice, though.
I thought Dok played about as well as could be expected and didn't let things go to $hi! when he was in.

What happened to him?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Had his third back surgery back in Nov/Dec. Haven't heard anything about how that went, but three back surgeries isn't a great sign.

He's also locked down for ~170/5 extension kicking in next season.

Bogey, Ocho, and Doka were real good. Very impressed.

Could we stop this hero ball nonsense? Especially when others are rolling? No reason for Spida to go 1 on 5 and force crappy and quick 3 pointers when we had a comfortable lead and Bogey was making bbq chicken out of Gordan.

A most impressive and satisfying win considering how many of our guys were out.
Mitchell could easily have 8-10 assist a night.

This is one of my favorite wins of the season:

-The Nuggets tend to play us well so a win against them is always nice

-Udoka!

-Bojan played well. Dude has trade value

-Clarkson's hitting threes as of late

-Rudy Gay played well. His depth is so nice to have

I think the concern is it's easy to get complacent about it when you know Gobert is there anyway. Imagine how good our rebounding would be if we fought this hard for rebounds every game.

Eh, i think if bogey and royce fight hard for rebounds gobert still gets em all anyway and bogey and royce end up with thier normal 4 or 5.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app