What's new

Game Thread Jan 07, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Bulls

Added to Calendar: 01-07-23

Are you kidding me bro??? LOL

It was a critical point in the game and Lauri's 25 years old. He doesn't need to be "resting" at that point. It was a blatant tanking move. Hardy knew what would most likely happen - our offense would dry up and the Bulls would go on a run. And that's how it went.

You can argue it was the wrong move but to call it "a blatant tanking move" proves you have zero ****ing idea.

Did you even watch the game though? Kessler didnt play in the 4th. Bulls scored 43 in the 4th. Our defense is attrocious. Defense is kesslers thing. Kessler had one of the best plus/minus on the team. The team played well when kessler played.
Its like you didn’t watch the game or something.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Yes I watched the game and if you knew anything about Kessler you would know he is only good for protecting the rim which isn't where we lost the game.

Tell me genius what difference would Kessler have made to the bulls shooting 6/7 from three in the fourth, or Derozan going 4/6 from mid range.

Watching Conley and KO take up 2/5 options and adding vando/gay to that combo is getting borderline atrocious. Conley by himself is a disaster right now but it’s terrible on multiple fronts, offense and defense

Vando has played well several games in a row now. Has made nice passes too. Just saying.

He is what he is. A limited player who plays extremely hard and is a great rebounder. He is fine.
15 points and 14 rebounds tonight. A very nice game from him.

Serious. If Jazz is going to that tanking path (how absurd it may ever be), then the minimum requirement is to get rid off that slag.

I kind of understand Hardy. If he got order to launch the tank, he cannot be held responsible for all shortcomings of the team.
However, he is sole responsible on utilization of his available bench (and depth of the system).

Maybe they are marketing their vets, but neither vets nor Hardy do any good for future pay days of anybody going with this kind roster playbook, and demonstration.

Ochai is only cat to survive from this drop with all lives intact. Lauri should've been more proud in this particular game, and just demand his minutes. And balls.

Yes I watched the game and if you knew anything about Kessler you would know he is only good for protecting the rim which isn't where we lost the game.

Tell me genius what difference would Kessler have made to the bulls shooting 6/7 from three in the fourth, or Derozan going 4/6 from mid range.

Couldnt be any worse you mental midget. They scored 43 points.

Just checked the boxscore and see Beasley had another one of his awful shooting nights. Can we please trade this dude.

He has one NBA skill and is just way too inconsistent at it.

To the poster discrediting Kessler. He allows our terrible defenders to at least try to run shooters off the 3 pt line, which is where we lost the game as you refer to

would love to see closing lineup of NAW, Agbaji, THT/Conley, Markennen and Kessler/Fontecchio.

Alas…we have to be tanking.

To the poster discrediting Kessler. He allows our terrible defenders to at least try to run shooters off the 3 pt line, which is where we lost the game as you refer to

The issue was defending the mid range. Derozan and Vucevic led for them for assist. Guess where they operate from? The mid range. You know what happens when Kessler is forced to defend the mid range, the opposition scores as he doesn't make a single attempt to get out from his drop coverage.

Bulls go 6/7 from 3pt line in the 4th and you say we lost from the midrange? I have no disagreement that we are not amazing at defending the midrange but Kessler helps in that area as well. What you can’t have is terrible defending on all attempts on the floor. We had the lead going into the 4th then come the subs and missed shots by Beasley and JC. Rinse and repeat. Another loss.

He is what he is. A limited player who plays extremely hard and is a great rebounder. He is fine.
15 points and 14 rebounds tonight. A very nice game from him.

Vando is still young and learning the ropes. He'll get better and already has. Wouldn't want to see him traded before seeing what he can do next year. Could end up coming off the bench which would be fine.

Lol. You are really dumb enough to think the bulls average over 43 points per 4th quarter?

Thought you were referring to the number of points in the paint which is how many Bulls had when the graphic come up late in the fourth. But if you think Kessler would have made the slightest of difference to the Bulls shooting 6/7 and 4/6 from the midrange in addition to 4 free throws for Derozan for being fouled on midrange shots then you either an idiot and haven't paid any attention to the way he defends.

Just checked the boxscore and see Beasley had another one of his awful shooting nights. Can we please trade this dude.

He has one NBA skill and is just way too inconsistent at it.

I think he's very likely to be moved by the deadline.

Beasley 1/9, 0/7 from 3

next game he'll shoot 6/9

Then
Thought you were referring to the number of points in the paint which is how many Bulls had when the graphic come up late in the fourth. But if you think Kessler would have made the slightest of difference to the Bulls shooting 6/7 and 4/6 from the midrange in addition to 4 free throws for Derozan for being fouled on midrange shots then you either an idiot and haven't paid any attention to the way he defends.
Agree with this as well overall. I think Kessler is our best chance at corralling some of the mid range opportunities but the real problem is with JC, Conley and Beasley, and KO being absolutely atrocious. JC at least still scores so can play well in lineups I suppose but others…uggg. Tank generals