What's new

Game Thread Jan 15, 2021 7:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Hawks

Added to Calendar: 01-15-21

Just posting in here to get the thread in the forum, I came in looking for the GT and was wondering where the auto generated one was or why no one had created one yet.

Is Royce guarding Trae Young?

Perhaps the better question is " will Royce be attempting to guard Trey Young"?Lets collectively hope the answer is a resounding no. Time to try something different on a dynamic guard.
I think the biggest blind spot in all of this is the idea that he’s guarding great players, and great players are great, so we just dismiss any evidence of our defensive strategy being a problem by saying, “oh, they’re just a good player and that’s what good players do.”

Jebus I hope not. At some point putting a "stopper" on a player like Trae is dumb imo. Put Conley on him and Trae likely makes a bunch of difficult shots and draws a bunch of fouls... put Royce on him he does the same... have Royce help and stop pretending he a perimeter stopper built for all perimeter players.

I honestly think Mike not being bigger than Trae might help with some of the BS fouls he gets.

Jebus I hope not. At some point putting a "stopper" on a player like Trae is dumb imo. Put Conley on him and Trae likely makes a bunch of difficult shots and draws a bunch of fouls... put Royce on him he does the same... have Royce help and stop pretending he a perimeter stopper built for all perimeter players.

I honestly think Mike not being bigger than Trae might help with some of the BS fouls he gets.
This.
Conley should guard trae

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So what it sounds like is we need a poll as to who will be guarding Trae.

Also, saying Royce is your best non-Gobert defender and therefore should guard the toughest matchup 1-4 is only a notch lower on the stupidity scale than saying that because Gobert is your best defender, he should guard Steph Curry all game.

Conley should guard Trae
Conley has vet savvy to handle him
And Trae is a pipsqueak :mad:
Conley should be able to manhandle him on both ends :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I drafted Trae Young on my NBA2K expansion team #1 overall. Put together two trades in the first two seasons for a couple of good bigs and won the whole thing in year 3.

Also, go Jazz! Beat them into smithereens!

0a48d37c9a4944bba53a5203d01fc64d.gif

Got the Carne Asada marinating, homemade guac chilling, salsa and chips from my favorite Mexican restaurant ready and the Jazz game coming on.

Perfect Friday night imo.

Got the Carne Asada marinating, homemade guac chilling, salsa and chips from my favorite Mexican restaurant ready and the Jazz game coming on.

Perfect Friday night imo.
Where?