What's new

Game Thread Jan 21, 2021 8:00PM MT (TNT): Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 01-21-21

It was definitely cringey, I'll give you that. But that's the territory you're walking in with Inside the NBA.
I guess but it’s a sick thing to say and it’s even worse when you follow it up with I wanted you to hear it... like now DM is gonna try real hard cuz he cares so much. He should have followed up the “aight” with “ I think your analysis is meh and your jokes are sophomoric”

I guess but it’s a sick thing to say and it’s even worse when you follow it up with I wanted you to hear it... like now DM is gonna try real hard cuz he cares so much. He should have followed up the “aight” with “ I think your analysis is meh and your jokes are sophomoric”

I guess I can't bring myself to take anything they seriously. Do you know how they win Emmys? Making jokes about Chuck's weight and Shaq's intelligence. It's hardly a basketball show in the first place.

Shaq was being a jerk. He said that for the Jazz to be a championship team DM needs to be a superstar. He's said it before but not when interviewing DM. This time the said it to DM and then he said that he doesn't think that he'll be able to get there, and then he asked DM what he thought of that. And DM just smirks at the camera and says ok. Then he brought up Rudy about his offensive woes and Chuck goes yeah and today you wouldn't be in the NBA because you couldn't shoot a 3 and then it just went crazy with shouting, Shaq even saying he was going to punch Chuck in the face.

I think DM should have said something like:

“Well, there are few special players like that. Like in the early 2000s when Kobe put an entire Lakers franchise on his back and was able to three-peat without help, that kind of thing you just didn’t see everyday, so it’s certainly nothing I take personally.”

I think DM should have said to Shaq, you sound like a grumpy old man complaining about the kids playing in the yard. Shaq has always been a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde personality. He can be funny and nice and then his insecurities come out and he acts like a complete jerk. His jerk mode makes no sense either why pick on Rudy or DM both guys play hard and haven't said a word about Shaq's fat butt. Sorry but DM is already a Superstar. He has nothing to prove to Shaq or anyone else.

So I have a theory. I noticed that the last couple of years gobert didn't really go after shots all that hard. I'm wondering if quin told him to stay out of foul trouble because there was nothing on the bench behind him.
This year though it seems like he is being more aggressive about blocking shots and I'm wondering if quin told him to be more aggressive and not worry about fouls as much knowing they favors is there on the bench to take his place

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I know everyone here knows it, but backup Favors has been such an under the radar key piece for the Jazz this year. Such an upgrade over Bradley, which I know is sorta damning with faint praise, but still.

On another note, I wish the Jazz had a ring of fame. I don't expect guys like Favors or Ingles to get their jersey retired, but it works be a nice way to honor their careers here.

Not many teams sweep the home and home games... This will test whether or not we are locked in or still floating between great and good. We haven't lost since they announced the scholarship thingy... so I think we are very pro-education...

Add all this up and this is a must win game for sure.

Real NBA Result = back to back brilliance.
TNT Diagnosis = Donovan just doesn’t have what it takes to be a superstar, maybe he could be the second or third option on a championship team, but he’s really nothing more than a scorer. And I think the Jazz are the third best team in the West - wait lemme check the standings again... yup I definitely think the Lakers are the best, then the Clippers, then the Jazz. But they have no chance cuz they can’t even play better defense than the Lakers. And what happens when the shots aren’t falling like they have been all season? Oh did I mention that I don’t like that Rudy makes more money than I ever did?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

This is all about tv ratings. TNT trying to be relevant by stirring something. First it's Rudy now it's Dm. Getting Max also comes with a bulls eye on your back.

Otoh I do like what shaq said dm should think of it as a challenge. He and rudy should level up their game. The goal is to beat the lakers

This was a quality win. It's always tough to beat a team back-to-back, the Pelicans have a lot of individual talent (even if it isn't well-organized), and the Jazz did a good job of not getting rattled after the Pels' white-hot start. Bring on the Warriors!

I guess I can't bring myself to take anything they seriously. Do you know how they win Emmys? Making jokes about Chuck's weight and Shaq's intelligence. It's hardly a basketball show in the first place.
Shaq also is consumed with going viral in everything... so that’s what he’s trying to do. It worked... but he’s still a stank *** ho. Shaq lost in the playoffs to Greg Ostertag... never forget.

Real NBA Result = back to back brilliance.
TNT Diagnosis = Donovan just doesn’t have what it takes to be a superstar, maybe he could be the second or third option on a championship team, but he’s really nothing more than a scorer. And I think the Jazz are the third best team in the West - wait lemme check the standings again... yup I definitely think the Lakers are the best, then the Clippers, then the Jazz. But they have no chance cuz they can’t even play better defense than the Lakers. And what happens when the shots aren’t falling like they have been all season? Oh did I mention that I don’t like that Rudy makes more money than I ever did?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Only superstars lead teams to titles is the assumption so can Donovan be a superstar was their framing. And they mentioned losing last year after being up 3-1 on Denver. And they did mention Bogie being injured. But the Pistons did it without a superstar. We have a 2X DPOY... should have been at least a 3X DPOY. And why not talk about Clarkson's improved play? Rudy pretty much improving every year? Donovan improving? Conley? Niang? FAVORS? Our chemistry on display through these wins? It's all right there in front of their eyes. The Clippers win. The Bucks win. Denver win. Blazers. Stomping other teams. I've always liked Shaq and almost hate to go there but would Shaq treat Rudy and Don this way if the Jazz were from anywhere other than Utah? On the other hand we just might be talking about Shaq as a small contributor if we win a title this year.