What's new

Game Thread Jan 29, 2021 8:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 01-29-21

I think we'll see someone step up. The team concept is working so far.

While I was at the gym I saw the preview for the game tonight and it was 100% Luka highlights. I wasn't surprised as we all know the Jazz get no props; one bonus of winning the championship is dumbass Adam Silver will be pissy because 'he can't make money off the Jazz'.

Saw this alert/article on my phone and I'll copy the part that I care about below but it talks about Curry coming back from his wrist surgery. I can definitely see something like this applying to Bogie.

“He had some dead spots from the surgery,” Payne explains. “He couldn’t necessarily feel his hand great. His left hand was rotating behind the basketball a little. What happens when you rotate behind the ball is you actually end up pushing it with your left hand. But if you can’t feel it you don’t know that.”

Saw this alert/article on my phone and I'll copy the part that I care about below but it talks about Curry coming back from his wrist surgery. I can definitely see something like this applying to Bogie.

“He had some dead spots from the surgery,” Payne explains. “He couldn’t necessarily feel his hand great. His left hand was rotating behind the basketball a little. What happens when you rotate behind the ball is you actually end up pushing it with your left hand. But if you can’t feel it you don’t know that.”

Yeah, I was worried about surgery on the shooting wrist of a shooter. I had surgery on my Achilles and the fine motor control is totally different than before. Granted it’s a totally different injury, but the precision required for wrist movement in shooting is significantly more than the precision you need in ankle movements.

The biggest concerning indicator for me is him missing free throws.

Carlisle will have made some adjustments, I expect a tough game.
That’s why I think we need to have Favors tear it up, and have our attack come from a Bojan explosion.

No DM hurts but I kind of got a kick out of Ingles picking apart the Mav's defense Wednesday night.

Also, came across this the other day - gave me a chuckle. Total Points Added chart for each Dallas player.

One of these things is not like the others.....

Leave that Finney Smith dude open again please.

Does that dude always suck at shooting 3's or did he just have an off night?

We weren't even guarding him like at all and he seemed willing to chuck up bricks all game.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app