What's new

Jared Dudley interested in Utah

ekimebirt

Hoops hype article quotes Dudley as seeing Utah as a team that could use his leadership. I think he would be a good fit and a solid pick up. https://hoopshype.com/team/utah-jazz/

HH convinced me of his value a while back. Should be pretty inexpensive. I'm down.

Not a horrible thought - loved him in Phoenix but that was awhile ago.

I'm very wary of 30+ players coming off bounce back years that just happened to be contract years.

I'd give him 2 years plus a team option for a third. Nothing more.

He'll get 8-10 a year.
I don't really know if that's a lot or a little anymore but it seems that lately the idea is that money no longer matters and so each team should just pay every player the maximum amount of money that the market demands every time.
So I guess I'm still down.

He's one of the premier "vet leadership" guys in the league right now. I think he can help.

He fills a position of need as well. SF shooter that will push Ingles down the Depth chart.

Gobert/Withey/Pleiss
Favors/Lyles
Hayward/Dudley/Ingles
Hood/Burks
Exum/Mack/Neto

13 players than our draft picks (4)

He's one of the premier "vet leadership" guys in the league right now. I think he can help.

He knows what he is and is really vocal in a good way. Would love the addition... Couldn't believe we didn't get him last year when he was given away for a second round pick.

He also offers position variance... Can play small ball 4 and the 3. He has been top 15 in RPM almond SF in the last two seasons playing for two very different teams.

Durability is the issue. 2 year guaranteed deal with 3rd year team option is what I'd offer. 10ish M is fair.

Here's Jared Dudley's reply to Tony Jones who said Dudley will be great fit for the Jazz:

Lol... he's pimping himself well.

I believe we wanted to draft him when he became eligible for the draft but got picked before or we passed up on him for some reason ...

I like PJ Tucker a smidgen more, but he's a damn good fit here. Especially with Booker's likely departure

I like PJ Tucker a smidgen more, but he's a damn good fit here. Especially with Booker's likely departure

As a player maybe but as a veteran mentor (something we need). Dudley is the guy... first because he is a good vocal leader, but second because he is more than willing to do it and sees it as a big part of his role on a team. Can't remember what interview I listened to but the guy stated he understands he is a good bench player mentor type at this point in his career and likes being on the young teams with someone he can work with. The self awareness is awesome.

also important to note that Dudley is aiming for the biggest contract for this FA period so the question becomes how much money are you comfortable paying him

As a player maybe but as a veteran mentor (something we need). Dudley is the guy... first because he is a good vocal leader, but second because he is more than willing to do it and sees it as a big part of his role on a team. Can't remember what interview I listened to but the guy stated he understands he is a good bench player mentor type at this point in his career and likes being on the young teams with someone he can work with. The self awareness is awesome.

he's the ultimate vet and he'll probably can threes better but I just see PJ as the better player at this juncture-- plus I think he can be had for relatively little (as opposed to 12 mil being sent to Dudley or something crazy like that)

he's the ultimate vet and he'll probably can threes better but I just see PJ as the better player at this juncture-- plus I think he can be had for relatively little (as opposed to 12 mil being sent to Dudley or something crazy like that)

He will still be under contract... would have to trade for him.

As a defender and just a guy that players would not want to play against it would be Tucker for sure.

I'd be happier getting either guy.

With regard to salary... Dollar amount doesn't matter as much as years for me. 2 years $30M is crazy, but it might not cause us as much issue as 3 years $30M with how our salaries will need to spread out.

He will still be under contract... would have to trade for him.

As a defender and just a guy that players would not want to play against it would be Tucker for sure.

I'd be happier getting either guy.

With regard to salary... Dollar amount doesn't matter as much as years for me. 2 years $30M is crazy, but it might not cause us as much issue as 3 years $30M with how our salaries will need to spread out.

truu w.r.t. salaries, if we're below the floor for the next 2 years then it makes sense to throw them dollaz on the board.

Aware of PJ being under that (cheap contract), I think he can be had for quite little. Give Phoenix a pick of some sort.