What's new

Jared Dudley interested in Utah

We'll agree to disagree. There are plenty of players hungry to be in the league and with a coach who develops talent and favorable contracts we will compete. Throwing silly money for Dudley would make this board complain about his contract for years. Our management is smarter than this. They run a business. It isn't going to happen for $10+.

We'll agree to disagree. There are plenty of players hungry to be in the league and with a coach who develops talent and favorable contracts we will compete. Throwing silly money for Dudley would make this board complain about his contract for years. Our management is smarter than this. They run a business. It isn't going to happen for $10+.

You are looking at this from purely a financial standpoint. Dudley would not be as valuable to a team like GS and CLE as he would a team like Utah, Boston or Minny. Not to mention that if a deal is structured right it will have little to no impact on re-signing any important pieces due to the salary cap rising.

As for a business, providing a contender is even better business for the Millers as it improves revenue.

FA's in 2018 and 2019 are gonna be ****ed imo. Teams are way overspending and once the cap stagnates in two years, the free agent crop will be in for a ride awakening as to how much room teams have, or more like wont have.

FA's in 2018 and 2019 are gonna be ****ed imo. Teams are way overspending and once the cap stagnates in two years, the free agent crop will be in for a ride awakening as to how much room teams have, or more like wont have.

There will be a bubble, but we can protect ourselves by signing a guy to a one or two year deal... don't see us going 3 years.

Unless it was a Top 5-10 free agent, I would rather the Jazz not sign someone at an inflated rate this summer on a long-term and instead wait until next summer when other teams have blew this increased cap space by signing guys like Jared Dudley for $10m+ a season. If they do, next season Utah will have the space that other teams won't to not only resign their own free agents but attract Top 10 free agents.

Barnes played great game 4 and awful game 5. Pretty inconsistent

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

If we are going to get up to the minimum, I'd spend the money on a guy like Barbosa. I'd give him something like $8 for just next year. We have to spend so much money and I would rather spend it short term on a need than long term which could hurt us.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

Barbosa is about 135 years old. And the Jazz play a freewheeling running game that suits him so well .. oh wait

I think that Dudley would be a great pick up at the right price. (As would about any player in the NBA) I didn't want to do this, but oh well, here it goes. I am sitting here reading another thread about should we sign Derek Rose blah blah blah blah. As I am reading it's pages on pages of how bad he sucks. I go into this page about Jared Dudley wants to come to Utah and everyone is like hell yeah!!!! How does one say that Derek Rose career is done, but approve Jared Dudley? 31 years old, has never done sh*t, but is a decent role player coming off the bench. Derek Rose, who nobody wants, has had his injuries, but never the less can be an outstanding defender and offensive building block (after all, he was once the MVP of the league). How does one approve Dudley and also reject Rose? It's like a small percentage of the fans are ok with doing nothing. Which if that's the case, are those that are apart of that small percentage, even fans at all? How do you ok a warm up bench player and say no to a once elite defender who's capable of still returning to an elite level. Maybe not a long term elite level, but never the less, compare this scale and please make sense of it.

I think that Dudley would be a great pick up at the right price. (As would about any player in the NBA) I didn't want to do this, but oh well, here it goes. I am sitting here reading another thread about should we sign Derek Rose blah blah blah blah. As I am reading it's pages on pages of how bad he sucks. I go into this page about Jared Dudley wants to come to Utah and everyone is like hell yeah!!!! How does one say that Derek Rose career is done, but approve Jared Dudley? 31 years old, has never done sh*t, but is a decent role player coming off the bench. Derek Rose, who nobody wants, has had his injuries, but never the less can be an outstanding defender and offensive building block (after all, he was once the MVP of the league). How does one approve Dudley and also reject Rose? It's like a small percentage of the fans are ok with doing nothing. Which if that's the case, are those that are apart of that small percentage, even fans at all? How do you ok a warm up bench player and say no to a once elite defender who's capable of still returning to an elite level. Maybe not a long term elite level, but never the less, compare this scale and please make sense of it.

First, rose was always an indifferent to bad defender. Had physical tools but didn't act real interested there.

The other thing is he could be useful in a bench role... He still thinks he's the god damned mvp though. No way he accepts an appropriate role.

He's also not a great locker room dude.

Dudley knows his role and is physically able to fill it.

These guys are humans not video games... They have to work together and interact a lot. Its just not as simple as one player is better than another.

I concur whole heartedly. These two players don't compare, but most folks appear willing to pay $10 - $15 million for a 7th man. If we need a diffibulator to get Rose going again, we use it and he is a much better bargain at $15 - $20 million.

First, rose was always an indifferent to bad defender. Had physical tools but didn't act real interested there.

The other thing is he could be useful in a bench role... He still thinks he's the god damned mvp though. No way he accepts an appropriate role.

These guys are humans not video games... They have to work together and interact a lot. Its just not as simple as one player is better than another.

I wouldn't have a great locker room attitude playing for a f*'d up management of the Chicago Bulls either. The team that fired, Thibs because they couldn't get along with him, the team that one minute wants to trade Noah because of agreement issues and the next minute, they want to do anything to resign him. Who the hell would have a great attitude with a team like that?? You talk as if you speak from experience, like your in the locker room when he's there. Sounds like your running close with the guy, call him and ask him if he wants to come to Utah.

I wouldn't have a great locker room attitude playing for a f*'d up management of the Chicago Bulls either. The team that fired, Thibs because they couldn't get along with him, the team that one minute wants to trade Noah because of agreement issues and the next minute, they want to do anything to resign him. Who the hell would have a great attitude with a team like that?? You talk as if you speak from experience, like your in the locker room when he's there. Sounds like your running close with the guy, call him and ask him if he wants to come to Utah.

I did he said "you go to Utah!"

Well I would hope that Dudley knows his role and is physically able to fill it. His role in any of the 6 NBA teams he has played for is to not screw up the game. I can't imagine he has done an elaborate job with any team he has been with or else he would not have been a member of 6 (if he makes it to the jazz_), 7 teams! Throughout his career he is averaging an un-heard of 8.4 points per game! DID YOU HEAR ME?? 8 POINT 4!!!!!!!! WOW!!! Almost takes a minute to wrap your head around the contribution your going to get from Jared Dudley. I mean 8.4!!!!! And the best part is, like my man Handlogten's Heros said, He's much less arrogant than that of a guy like D. Rose.
D. Rose has the confidence that he might actually score some points and do stuff that we haven't seen, such as, score the basketball. Find the open man. Swear in an interview, and trust me, he's right, you don't want to see that kind of thing. I mean, it would be horrible if he joined the Jazz and did stuff like he did in the past as opposed to Jared Dudley putting up the same numbers that he has put up for the last 11 years. But at least with Jared Dudley you know what your going to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what's important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!