What's new

Javale McGee and Andray Blatche on the trading block

I really don't care about Blatche and think he's mostly trash, but McGee is an ever-improving and already productive player. Blatche would be easier to get, but what would it take to get McGee? Do the Jazz even have pieces to do that?

For reference, McGee is 10th in PER for Cs (one below Brook Lopez, and above Marc Gasol, Tyson Chandler, and Al Jefferson), and is 3rd on their team in +/-. He's 3rd in BPG in the entire league (at only 27 MPG, which puts him at 2nd in BP48) and 3rd in Blocks per foul. He scores 9 PPG at a 54% clip and 1.33 PPS, at 27 MPG, that's not bad (though obviously not very good). He's also 16th in rebound rate/RP48.

Another thing definitely worth considering is he has the 2nd highest standing reach ever recorded at the draft combine (9' 6.5") and has an insane max vert reach of 12' 3". He's also just 22 in his 3rd season.

Both of those players are garbage just like their attitudes.

Everything McGee brings are things the Jazz don't have and everything he doesn't we do and his weaknesses can be mitigated. I know there are better players than McGee, but how many are available, and how many fit our team needs like he would?

Landing McGee would be a coup if it doesn't involve losing Deron, Millsap, Jefferson, or taking back Rashard Lewis' contract. I don't know how the Jazz pull that off, but I can hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOB04HvFewA

Dude would mesh well with Sloan. McGee acts like he's younger than Fes. He has all the talent in the world, but he's dumb as snot.

McGee for sure. No way on Blatche. He plays too small from when Ive seen him for how big he is, plus he is lazy.