What's new

Jazz 76ers Game THREAD

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
I think this is less about fans excusing him as it is Snyder’s decision to play Exum 8 fewer mins despite Exum’s effectiveness and Rubio’s ineffectiveness. Let’s face it, their first half performance was ample evidence to have convinced Snyder to adjust his lineup and give Exum far more burn than Rubio.
Rubio has played better the entire season, but 8minutes of Exum outplaying Rubio means Snyder should completely abandon everything to play Exum more because he made two three's in the first half?

Blowouts absolutely are more deflating than regular losses. Not sure how you can argue this. We’re not only fighting for our record but for confidence. This blowout hurts, especially to Mitchell who was clearly pressing against his ROY Competitor
He was clearly pressing? He pressed less tonight than he has in the past.

I really don't think tonight's loss was that deflating. It was a bummer no doubt, but like I said, I think the team will move on just fine. This is the same team who gave it to the Warriors and Blazers recently. It's not like they question their own ability to beat good teams.

You gave him an excuse the moment you replied to theejazzfan with your comment. Right now there is no pressure on Rubio on losing his starting position, and whilst there are many elements involved as to why that is, he is excused every time he has his starting position.
You are just spouting BS right now.

Rubio has played better the entire season, but 8minutes of Exum outplaying Rubio means Snyder should completely abandon everything to play Exum more because he made two three's in the first half?

When you see how poorly Rubio was playing and how aggressive Exum was in that first half you make lineup
adjustments. I’m not saying you bench Rubio. However, Exum should’ve been first off the bench and should’ve been put in before 3:45 in the third quarter. Part of being a great coach is making in game adjustments. This is something Snyder could definitely improve on.

When you see how poorly Rubio was playing and how aggressive Exum was in that first half you make lineup
adjustments. I’m not saying you bench Rubio. However, Exum should’ve been first off the bench and should’ve been put in before 3:45 in the third quarter. Part of being a great coach is making in game adjustments. This is something Snyder could definitely improve on.
His lineups were fine tonight. The team just got outplayed. It's on the team tonight, not Snyder. He is going to stick with Rubio because Rubio has gotten him to the playoffs and Rubio has proven time and time again he has what it takes to lead the team in big moments. That doesnt mean Rubio will always play great, but Snyder's confidence isnt fairweather for his proven soliders. Exum still needs to prove it. Sorry if you weirdos cant get that.

You are just spouting BS right now.

Are you involved with the Jazz org in some way? Because you defend their decisions right to the ground, even if they're wrong. Oh, and Dante didn't outplay Rubio for just 8 minutes, for all of his 21 minutes that he was in the game. Quin got spanked today by brown. SPANKED.

Philly made a lot of shots... ironic the small white guys murdered us tonight.

Are you involved with the Jazz org in some way? Because you defend their decisions right to the ground, even if they're wrong. Oh, and Dante didn't outplay Rubio for just 8 minutes, for all of his 21 minutes that he was in the game. Quin got spanked today by brown. SPANKED.
So Quin is suppose to have foresight to know Exum would outplay him for 21 minutes? I was just going off Exum's great first half which is why I said 8 minutes.

His lineups were fine tonight. The team just got outplayed. It's on the team tonight, not Snyder. He is going to stick with Rubio because Rubio has gotten him to the playoffs and Rubio has proven time and time again he has what it takes to lead the team in big moments. That doesnt mean Rubio will always play great, but Snyder's confidence isnt fairweather for his proven soliders. Exum still needs to prove it. Sorry if you weirdos cant get that.

His lineups were not fine as dictated by the temp of the game. We were destroyed in transition at times.

In other news there was a giant fight in the house next to us... family’s druggy son was screaming all sorts of ****. Was completely diffused when cops showed up... so the game wasn’t super exciting but over here there’s lots going on.

Instead of seeing how much you can ride the hot hand, lets see if we put back Rubio in who hadn't scored all half, maybe we will get something from him We'll sit this guy on the bench, the only dude that looks like gives a damn this game.

He didn't need forsight, he had precedence. Lord all mighty.

So when the backup PG outplays the starting PG in the first half that means the HC should play the backup PG more minutes than the starter in the 2nd half?

Oh wow. I seem to remember Exum outplaying Rubio in the 1st half of the game in Portland then Rubio coming out in the 2nd half and carrying the team. It's kind of like no one can have complete foresight with these things and you usually just go with the players you trust most and have proven themselves over the entire season, not just the sample size of that 1st half.

Instead of seeing how much you can ride the hot hand, lets see if we put back Rubio in who hadn't scored all half, maybe we will get something from him We'll sit this guy on the bench, the only dude that looks like gives a damn this game.

Guys, you should ride the hot hand of the guy who is averaging 7 points on the season. He is the player who will lead you to victory!