What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Best fast food fries, in order, best to worst:

Wendy's
McDonald's
Five Guys
Popeye's
Raising Cane's crinkle cut
Del Taco crinkle cut
Arby's (curly and crinkle are even - and note all of these last 3 are about even)
Carl's Jr.
Chik-fil-A
Burger King
In-n-Out
Wow! I don’t eat that much fast food but last time I had In n’ Out, fries were excellent because they were made from fresh potatoes. They caved and went to frozen?

Wow! I don’t eat that much fast food but last time I had In n’ Out, fries were excellent because they were made from fresh potatoes. They caved and went to frozen?
They cook them powdery inside, not potatoey. Nasty.

Wendy's
McDonald's
Five Guys
Popeye's
Del Taco crinkle cut
Arby's (curly and crinkle are even - and note all of these last 3 are about even)
Carl's Jr.
Chik-fil-A
Burger King
In-n-Out
I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's not even close to my list.

There are also too many variables. How do you factor in when there are so many variations. Shoe string, crinkle cut, curly fries, steak fries, and even sweet potato fries.
Then you have a Rhumbi that have their Rhumbi fries that mix sweet potato fries with shoe string fries, and throw in other seasonings on the fries like a Cubbies or Smash Burger and various other places.
This gets complicated.

What's the division between fast food and not quite fast food?

My head is spinning here.
Can we sit down at a conference table and make some decisions on which franchises are in and out, and which fries to include and if there are any protections to go with them already?
Lets get this done.

Grass fed AND grass finished is outstanding and uncommon. Still plenty fatty with big impact on flavor and tenderness.
It’s all personal preference of course. I’ve just never had a grass fed I’ve enjoyed as much as a traditional. Some areas are able to grow better/more consistent grass too. Lot of factors.

There are also too many variables. How do you factor in when there are so many variations. Shoe string, crinkle cut, curly fries, steak fries, and even sweet potato fries.
Then you have a Rhumbi that have their Rhumbi fries that mix sweet potato fries with shoe string fries, and throw in other seasonings on the fries like a Cubbies or Smash Burger and various other places.
This gets complicated.

Can we sit down at a conference table and make some decisions on which franchises are in and out, and which fries to include and if there are any protections to go with them already?
Lets get this done.
Maybe we need a poll!!! :D

They cook them powdery inside, not potatoey. Nasty.
Hmm I don’t recall that. Maybe a bit on the soggy side I mean compared to McDonald’s. I bet five guys are fresh potatoes as well just based on the composition of the fry and the fact that they still have some peeling on them.

Wendy's
McDonald's
Five Guys
Popeye's
Del Taco crinkle cut
Carl's Jr.
Chik-fil-A
Burger King
In-n-Out
Burger King used to make the best fries, then they changed. How is McDonald’s that high. They are near the bottom for me.

Burger King used to make the best fries, then they changed. How is McDonald’s that high. They are near the bottom for me.
McD's fresh fries? Great - ask for them without salt and season yourself and they're terrific. Otherwise, yeah, you're getting bottom of the barrel. Same could be said for any fast food fry.

This gets complicated.

Lets get this done.

Agreed, you have to put different kinds of fries in a different category, and regular McDonalds style fries as it's own category.

Hmm I don’t recall that. Maybe a bit on the soggy side I mean compared to McDonald’s. I bet five guys are fresh potatoes as well just based on the composition of the fry and the fact that they still have some peeling on them.
I would bet the variety has something to do with it. They can’t use the same variety year round, so they will have multiple months using a variety that is not the best option, but it’s the best available.

And McDonald's fries are the best in that category. They have it down to a science (literally). They have their own potato fields so they control everything down to the crop. They use a special tempering process to break down the starch to the perfect amount of sweetness. They have tight temperature controls on their fryers, etc.....

.... Be right back, going to go on a McDonald's fry run.

I would bet the variety has something to do with it. They can’t use the same variety year round, so they will have multiple months using a variety that is not the best option, but it’s the best available.
Interesting and it makes sense. In my case I don’t mind a soggier fry if I know it’s better for me, that’s to say, fresh as opposed to frozen. So my assumption is that using fresh potatoes produces a soggier fry.

And McDonald's fries are the best in that category. They have it down to a science (literally). They have their own potato fields so they control everything down to the crop. They use a special tempering process to break down the starch to the perfect amount of sweetness. They have tight temperature controls on their fryers, etc.....

Here’s fifty cents, get me a senior coffee while you’re at it!
Best cheap coffee by a mile!!!

Seriously though, would anybody even go to Mickey D’s if it wasn’t for their coffee and Fries?