What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

100%. Ainge goes psychological terror on these other GMs. Meet his price or he'll do whatever it takes to make sure your job is in jeopardy. If Rose doesn't pull the trigger on this deal and the Knicks start the year as the middling team they'll be, Rose doesn't stay in his job.

You obviously don’t know Dolan.

Can we focus this discussion a little? What are your go-to spots for coffee in Salt Lake?

For me, if I'm having a latte, I like Tulie's Bakery, Logos Coffee Bar or Three Pines. For a cappuccino, I prefer Tulie's. If I want a cortado, then it's Logos, and if I want a mocha it's probably Three Pines.

La Barba is okay as a fall-back position, and I find their breakfast tacos are just the right size and portion for a small-to-moderate breakfast.
Salt Lake Roasting Company whenever in town. They can compete with Seattle's finest.

Salt Lake Roasting Company whenever in town. They can compete with Seattle's finest.
There are only a couple actual craft coffee shops is SLC that source their own beans and roast them. Those are the few really good ones. Coffee is so complex. All these places doing random blends are rarely going to be good. SLC roasting company is pretty good though. I think the best are Publik and Blue Copper assuming you are just looking for a really good cup of coffee and not worried about other stuff. Edit: Nothing wrong with milk and sugar in your coffee but if you do that I dont really trust what someone thinks of good or bad chocolate.

On a side note I did a coffee and cheese pairing in SLC once and it was amazing. I could not believe the crazy flavors they could get. I had one that was a really stinky cheese and rich chocolate with a tobacco flavor separate. But when combined in the right order tasted like amazing rich toffee flavor. They did a bunch of these even combining really ****** coffee like starbucks with sharp cheddar made the coffee pretty solid and leaves a good aftertaste instead of the usual burnt rubber flavor theirs gives off. I eat cheese with my coffee a lot now

Last edited:
One thing SLC has is some of the finest chocolate in the world. I am not talking generic milk chocolate that is barley chocolate but real quality craft chocolate. SLC has been named the best chocolate city in the world multiple times and has a few companies that have won a lot of medals in world competition. Coffee and chocolate are kind of similar that there is a huge variety of flavors naturally and then the process to get it to you can change things a lot by being fresh and the rest of the process. I never really like dark chocolate until I started trying quality craft ones that have amazing flavors. Granted I still love a decent milk chocolate and absolutely love white chocolate which some dont even consider chocolate. Oh, also the drinking chocolate from some of these places is so great!

Yeah beer does taste like piss, you are spot on. However people get themselves used to it because they like the buzz it provides. I am sure there is some of this with coffee drinkers too, the caffeine hit is worth the bad taste, or even becoming so used to it you like it and crave it, again the caffeine most likely for the crave part. Heroin users don't enjoy the needle but they sure like the after-effects.
Some beer taste like piss but its way to broad to categorize it that simple. Beer having alcohol is a plus for me but I would drink it even if it did not. That is assuming it is a good quality and one of the types I like. Beer is far more complex and way more flavors than wine or whiskey.

To trade with the Kings, could we involve some third team that would get Something (from us or them), give them a 2024 1st, thereby allow Kings to trade all teh picks?

I am already on my holiday. Definitely no trade is going on this week.Guaranteed!

Some beer taste like piss but its way to broad to categorize it that simple. Beer having alcohol is a plus for me but I would drink it even if it did not. That is assuming it is a good quality and one of the types I like. Beer is far more complex and way more flavors than wine or whiskey.
That's fair. My bet is you are in the minority in this. I don't think most people appreciate it for that, nor would choose beer sans alcohol over most other beverages.

That's fair. My bet is you are in the minority in this. I don't think most people appreciate it for that, nor would choose beer sans alcohol over most other beverages.
He is definitely not in the minority. I'm assuming you are one of those people that doesn't drink but has tried a few sips over the years. There is no doubt it is an acquired taste and you have to figure out what type of brew you like best.

Same. Heh. My family's downfall as I am mildly lactose intolerant, so they get some nice surprises on movie night after a bowl of ice cream.
Ice cream is probably my favourite thing ever but it doesn't have to be milk. A good Sorbet has much better flavour and kick.

Ice cream is probably my favourite thing ever but it doesn't have to be milk. A good Sorbet has much better flavour and kick.
This is my downfall. The best rocky road I have ever had and a staple in my freezer at all times.

1658848459379.png

But I really like these as well, so I always have some on hand.

1658848560279.png

They have a few different sorbet flavors. Really good.

Can we focus this discussion a little? What are your go-to spots for coffee in Salt Lake?

For me, if I'm having a latte, I like Tulie's Bakery, Logos Coffee Bar or Three Pines. For a cappuccino, I prefer Tulie's. If I want a cortado, then it's Logos, and if I want a mocha it's probably Three Pines.

La Barba is okay as a fall-back position, and I find their breakfast tacos are just the right size and portion for a small-to-moderate breakfast.

I aint paying for coffee. I just drink what i make at home.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app