What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Let’s just keep him, be bad for a year get another superstar next to him.

If we keep him we will win too many games to get a good enough pick to draft a star.

Donovan is leaving in 3 years regardless of who the Jazz draft or sign or trade for...Ainge knows this better than anyone and that's why he's going to trade him.

Last edited:
ESPN is currently predicting that the Knicks will be 10th in the Eastern Conference with a record that would give them the #12 pick in the lottery.

That could be Jarace Walker, Dereck Lively or maybe Keyonte George.

Yup, for real. Place was loud. Hip hop bangin. You'd never know it from how little publicity there was. I knew where to go in, since I went to that school a long time ago. Only one door was open from the outside.

Raul Neto was there, even though he didn't play.
That is pretty cool. I graduated from there in 2002. I wonder why those guys would be in town though. Were any jazz players there?

ESPN is currently predicting that the Knicks will be 10th in the Eastern Conference with a record that would give them the #12 pick in the lottery.

That could be Jarace Walker, Dereck Lively or maybe Keyonte George.
Put Mitchell on that team and I think they are a 4 to 6 seed.

That is pretty cool. I graduated from there in 2002. I wonder why those guys would be in town though. Were any jazz players there?

I don't think so. Court was being mobbed with people doing pics and getting autographs, so I couldn't see who all was there. I saw Raul Neto who was walking around, but didn't play. Only door open was the one on 2100 South, right next to the gym. Decent crowd. Cool vibe.

I graduated in 1990. That makes me old now...lol

Which is another reason to wait until the trade deadline or next offseason.
It is a trade off between there pick and our pick. If we keep Mitchell then we may not be in that top 5 pick range and we need to be on that range. I think we are much better off with our pick being better and theirs being worse than the other way around.

It is a trade off between there pick and our pick. If we keep Mitchell then we may not be in that top 5 pick range and we need to be on that range. I think we are much better off with our pick being better and theirs being worse than the other way around.

I think we can pull off bottom 3 in the West even with Mitchell on the roster.

People are really underestimating how bad a Mitchell-Brunson backcourt would be without a Gobert-type to clean that up. I don't care how good Thibs reputation is, you cannot get water from stone.

Go do the work of lining up the eastern conference first…

Bucks
Celtics
Heat
76ers

That’s the top 4

Hawks should be better
Raps should be better
Bulls might be better
Cavs might be better
Nets probably worse if they move KD

Unless RJ takes a big step forward I think the reasonable outcomes for the Knicks would be 6-10… which means the pick could easily be back half of the lotto if they lose the play in. They are one key injury away from being a lotto team.

Last edited:
Toronto’s best offer would be pretty ****ing good. The Knicks would likely have to add Barrett with all of their unprotected 1sts or trade 7 of their 8 1sts to beat that offer. Only problem is if Toronto is offering it or not. They might be offering something close especially since they are keeping Barnes and Siakam out of the deal.

Toronto’s best offer would be pretty ****ing good. The Knicks would likely have to add Barrett with all of their unprotected 1sts or trade 7 of their 8 1sts to beat that offer. Only problem is if Toronto is offering it or not. They might be offering something close especially since they are keeping Barnes and Siakam out of the deal.
I think Toronto would do 3 picks OG and Trent... at least I think that is highest reasonable offer. I think OG nets two picks from a third team fairly easily. If they are out of the KD business then they may offer it. I think Don would be a pretty good fit. FVV is small but he's a very good defender and they have wings with length.

I think Toronto should consider JC at a much cheaper price if they aren't shopping for huge FAs.

Also, Fred Katz wrote an article on the Athletic about best possible Mitchell packages from each team…

In what world is getting a pick swap in 27/29 and an unprotected 1st in 28 better than unprotected 27/29 1sts and a pick swap in 28?

Go do the work of lining up the eastern conference first…

Bucks
Celtics
Heat
76ers

That’s the top 4

Hawks should be better
Raps should be better
Bulls might be better
Cavs might be better
Nets probably worse if they move KD

Unless RJ takes a big step forward I think the reasonable outcomes for the Knicks would be 6-10… which means the pick could easily be back half of the lotto if they lose the play in. They are one key injury away from being a lotto team.
As it currently stands I think the Bucks, Celtics, Heat, 76ers, Hawks, Raptors, Nets, Cavaliers, and Bulls are all better then the Knicks. The Hornets and Wizards could both easily be better than the Knicks as well.

The biggest issue for the Knicks is that Thibs has more or less lost the team and refuses to use their young players because they can't play the level of defense that he expects guys too. Julius Randle has also become unhinged and is quickly becoming a negative asset/player for them.