What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Because Kevin Durant is a 33-year-old fart-kisser who can't even get along with his teammates. He was a jerk to Steven Adams and Reggie Jackson and we all know how Green clowned him for being soft.

Donovan is a 25-year-old - almost a decade younger than Durant.

Spencer Checketts is that smug kid in high school who thought he was better than everybody else; he drove his dad's old BMW to school and wore docksiders on the daily.

Listened to Locke for the first time in a long time today. He kept wondering aloud if the Jazz are getting cold feet about the rebuild and trading Don without really giving any reason to back it up. He then talked about the possibility of a Jazz/Lakers trade and said if it does happen it will be so awesome to watch Westbrook play really hard and with a lot of pizzazz for a year on a Jazz team that doesn't care about winning a lot of games.... apparently he doesn't even realize that he would be bought out and never even play a single game in a Jazz uniform. I was quickly reminded why I stopped listening to him in the first place.

Listened to Locke for the first time in a long time today. He kept wondering aloud if the Jazz are getting cold feet about the rebuild and trading Don without really giving any reason to back it up. He then talked about the possibility of a Jazz/Lakers trade and said if it does happen it will be so awesome to watch Westbrook play really hard and with a lot of pizzazz for a year on a Jazz team that doesn't care about winning a lot of games.... apparently he doesn't even realize that he would be bought out and never even play a single game in a Jazz uniform. I was quickly reminded why I stopped listening to him in the first place.

I honestly wonder how guys like him get a job like that and keep it.

I somehow missed that note… I half listen and it was a side note… so wild that he went on about that. How does he not know how that would work? He won’t even get on the plane let alone suit up.

I wonder if the Jazz might actually try to hold onto Westbrook unless he takes a significant buyout with the thinking that they’ll either save a few bucks or have him around just in case someone wants to dump a bunch of long term salary or something.

But in no circumstance is he actually playing for the Jazz.

I somehow missed that note… I half listen and it was a side note… so wild that he went on about that. How does he not know how that would work? He won’t even get on the plane let alone suit up.

Then to top it off, earlier today he quote tweeted an article about the US World Cup team and said what a great job Alex Jensen is doing coaching that team...Jim Boylen is coaching the team, Jensen is coaching the US Americup team next month. A bunch of people pointed out his mistake in the comments and he has since deleted the tweet.

Yeah but he’s playing nice right now. He ends up going Harden or pulling a Vince Carter and it gets even more uncomfortable… If all they can get is 3 unprotected picks, 2 protected picks, and some combo of IQ/Toppin/Grimes then it’s time to move forward.

Keeping Donovan into the season doesn’t necessarily mean we will get more for him the following year. Obviously there is injury risk (let’s say 5% chance he has a season ending injury), but he could get slightly exposed without spacing and Rudy screens/gravity. The market may not yield anything more than what we are offered even if he is good.

Danny Ainge may not want to settle for 80-90% of his insane asking price but he needs to ask himself this question… what is 100% of nothing? Because that is what he risks (even if it’s small) by taking this into the season.
I agree, I don't think there is any reason to prolong the stuff. Next year won't be better than now. It's just that Mitchell smiling is irrelevant. Mitchell is probably with the least leverage here.

I never buy the fact that we were interested in RJ. For 2 reasons : He will hurt the tank. He is not good enough to change us into a good team.
DA want lots of picks and will accept probably Fournier as bad contract in the deal. And i'm pretty sure too that he will not mind if we have to keep Don few more months.

So how do Brunson and Mitchell play on the same team? Brunson back to the bench? Both are 6' 1'', will have same issue we have here....barrett is bigger so I'd assume he'd still be starting for them.

So how do Brunson and Mitchell play on the same team? Brunson back to the bench? Both are 6' 1'', will have same issue we have here....barrett is bigger so I'd assume he'd still be starting for them.

Brunson and DM both start in the backcourt, Barrett at SF, Randle and PF and Robinson at C.

In terms of them both being short, let’s let them find that out.

Donovan Mitchell is pissed with us right now that's why he scrubbed us. He clearly wants to be traded. Imagine Will Hardy trying to coach this year with his best player not wanting to be part of his rebuild.

He did it himself. No one gave him a podcasting job. He created the show himself then expanded it to nearly every major sports team. He makes free content.

That makes more sense. I guess the better question is how did someone like that do that lmao. Dude is so out of touch.