What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

That would be disgusting to deal RJ on a super team friendly deal for 2 picks. Thankfully Ainge will not do that.

RJ is the top asset the Knicks have that the Jazz are after. They aren’t pursuing him to just deal him right after.

We might also pawn off Fournier and get 1 instead...
I don't get this. We don't exactly need the cap space, and I hardly see Fournier win a bunch of games on his own. Can't we just keep him? He's a solid player, he could even be worth something at some point. He might be negative value for NYK, I don't think he is for us.

I don't get this. We don't exactly need the cap space, and I hardly see Fournier win a bunch of games on his own. Can't we just keep him? He's a solid player, he could even be worth something at some point. He might be negative value for NYK, I don't think he is for us.
Why the hell do we want him? He only makes us better and we are rebuilding.

Sounds like the Jazz might be folding a bit. Can't get the picks they want so they are now trying to offload long-term salary like Rudy Gay
Are we concerned about our payroll for the next two years? Losing Rudy G#2 would be good, but I don't think the Jazz would put a lot of value into getting off 2 years of $6M at this point.

It would be if the Lakers just aren't willing to give up both picks. We'd rather have the space than Evan... he is viewed as slightly negative value. We could just keep him of course... but in this scenario he is just the middle ground if they don't want to give up both picks.

Reactions: hgb