What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Fischer also said he's had several people around the league tell him that the Jazz have been the ones to walk away every time talks have intensified and a deal has gotten to the one-yard line.
He also mentioned Arby's gets a bad wrap and is actually a nice treat every now and again... but you can't veer into the non-roast beef options too far.

Depends on the picks. Not two protected picks.
I think RJ as a trade chip would be more useful next year around the draft. Agree on draft nigh and when the league year turns trade him. Say there is a guy in the lotto we like and we use RJ as the chip to help a rebuilding team jumpstart the process a bit.

At some point the picks have a diminishing return...

I just saw that the Raptors signed Josh Jackson to an Exhibit 10 deal. He was the 4th player taken in the 2017 draft 9 spots ahead of DM and he has been discarded by Phoenix when they were bad, Memphis, Detroit and the Kings. This is just to say that Ainge can play his games to leverage a draft pick and end up selecting a stiff like this.

Last edited:
If they really did offer RJ+5 picks already (2 unprotected) I think they could get on board with 3 unprotected/2 protected and Grimes/IQ/Toppin.

We may never have another negotiation like this. Gonna be wild to see what happens and all the narrative around it.

If they really did offer RJ+5 picks already (2 unprotected) I think they could get on board with 3 unprotected/2 protected and Grimes/IQ/Toppin.

We may never have another negotiation like this. Gonna be wild to see what happens and all the narrative around it.

3 unprotected, 2 protected, plus that package is very solid value for us IMO. 3 unprotected is golden. Could give a crap who the players are generally but I actually like those 3.

No point in taking on RJ. We are rebuilding, not sure how he helps us. If it were up to me I’d take all the picks and Rose and move everyone else.

No point in taking on RJ. We are rebuilding, not sure how he helps us. If it were up to me I’d take all the picks and Rose and move everyone else.
Well if he plays well he is an asset that could be worth more than a couple picks... they also weren't willing give us 4 unprotected picks... so this is a decent compromise. He won't win us games by himself... even if he is good.