What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Sorry Don, but the knicks just don’t think your worth it… Rudy is already working out and getting to know his new team mates, but you gotta have to keep wondering. We might even have to ship you off to OKC or some ****. Sorry Don, we tried to do right by you, but the knicks gotta knick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KNICKS think they are being cool by not giving in to the Jazz demands. Jazz should just turn to other teams and look serious to those teams to get the Knicks nervous about losing their girlfriend they are pretending not to want, a little jealousy desperation will get them to pull the trigger and give us our return treasure we are asking for.
I don't think the Knicks think they are being cool. I think they are afraid *****ess and preparing their PR team around the blowback of sending 8 picks, three swaps, Topin, Grimes, and Quickly for a 6'1" "shooting" guard.

Wanted to see what you guys thought of this idea…What if instead of trading Donovan we keep him, sit him all year (hey it’s how SA got Tim Duncan by sitting Robinson). Then you keep bojan and JC, trade Conley adding another draft pick. So you tank next year while also hopefully keeping JC and Bojans value up and in the meantime develop your rookies heavily. Then hopefully draft a very high pick to pair with Donovan next year. We then trade JC and bojan and the picks we received from the Rudy trade we trade for the best player we can on the market. Wouldn’t this be a faster rebuild than tearing it all down?
I'm sure Don will pitch a massive fit about it, and I would be on his side.

Wanted to see what you guys thought of this idea…What if instead of trading Donovan we keep him, sit him all year (hey it’s how SA got Tim Duncan by sitting Robinson). Then you keep bojan and JC, trade Conley adding another draft pick. So you tank next year while also hopefully keeping JC and Bojans value up and in the meantime develop your rookies heavily. Then hopefully draft a very high pick to pair with Donovan next year. We then trade JC and bojan and the picks we received from the Rudy trade we trade for the best player we can on the market. Wouldn’t this be a faster rebuild than tearing it all down?
You can't sit him. That would do irreparable damage to the franchise

Robinson was actually hurt most of the season. Yea he could have come back and played the last few weeks, but San Antonio kept him out. The league would not allow DM to sit the whole year. I am sure DM wouldn't go for it either. The other issue is I believe the lottery did not exist back then, SA and Boston tied, and San Antonio won the coin toss. Your scenario still doesn't guarantee that the Jazz will find the guy to pair with DM or find the third guy you suggest we get. Not going to happen.

You can't sit him. That would do irreparable damage to the franchise
I imagine sitting a perfectly healthy, highly valuable player in order to intentionally tank would get some attention from league officials and the player's association, not to mention Donovan's lawyers as doing that would cause significant harm to his career.

I imagine sitting a perfectly healthy, highly valuable player in order to intentionally tank would get some attention from league officials and the player's association, not to mention Donovan's lawyers as doing that would cause significant harm to his career.
Not only this... its a stupid plan. Whoever we draft next year not likely to lead us to the promised land with Don.

You just trade him... he leaving either way... do it on our terms.

Rob Perez on ESPN 700 today:

He thinks Toppin + Quickley + Fournier are essentially guaranteed to be in the deal. He also says it will likely be a historic haul of picks. He thinks that Ainge wants 7 1sts and the Knicks likely oblige. 3 from the Knicks and all 4 of the others they own from other teams.

The deal breaker to him is including Quentin Grimes. He thinks Grimes is the hold up in the deal. He thinks Grimes may be on the best deal in the NBA.

He doesn’t see Rose being included instead of Fournier at all.
I would rather have Grimes too. I would give them one of the picks back to do so if we are talking about 7 picks. That is crazy stuff. I really like DM but I don't think he is worth that much. Is Jericho Sims any good?

The locked on Knicks guy thinks the offer won't be as big as people think and that Knicks have the leverage... hmmmmm.

sWhy is Utah so high on Grimes? I figured they'd be after Toppin and Reddish.
Both Toppin and Reddish were more hyped than Grimes but have underperformed since they have been in the league. Toppin showed a little at the end of the year so there is potential. Reddish was drafted as a 3 &D wing but his offense has been lagging. Grimes performed well at the end of the season last year, seems to be a fan favorite. He has size for his position and plays both ways. I will be shocked if the Jazz get him because if they have Brunson and DM the Knicks are going to need some size in the backcourt. I heard his contract is great for his production. Like I said earlier, I would give up one of the draft picks to get him. I think he has a chance to be very good.

Last edited: