What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Exactly. We’ve discussed Miami for awhile and they are one trade away from being able to put together a competitive offer. That’s just one team. Orlando could sweep in so could Toronto.
We just need their fans and front office to feel that guy punch that they are about to lose the guy. Knicks have won the fewest playoff games of any team in the league since 2000... it has been a barren wasteland and now they getting cute with the guy they say they want. I'm sure those soft NY fans will forgive them when we move Donovan to Canada cuz they wanted to keep their 2027 pick top 5 protected and wouldn't pony up the 2029 pick and Quentin Grimes.

We just need their fans and front office to feel that guy punch that they are about to lose the guy. Knicks have won the fewest playoff games of any team in the league since 2000... it has been a barren wasteland and now they getting cute with the guy they say they want. I'm sure those soft NY fans will forgive them when we move Donovan to Canada cuz they wanted to keep their 2027 pick top 5 protected and wouldn't pony up the 2029 pick and Quentin Grimes.

It’s even worse because he’s from there and he wants to play there.

I want to see what he looks like 5 years from now after following the Giannis Antetokoumnpo diet and training regimen.

He looks to have freakish athletic potential like that.
People forget how rail thin Giannis was. If Vic becomes super Giannis with a jumper then that’s absolute domination but for so many reasons we (I) shouldn’t be getting ahead of ourselves.

Is he legit 7'4"? I have seen anything from 7' even to 7'6" in shoes. What does he actually measure, do we know?

And didn't he shoot like 26% from international 3 last season?
Yeah, he still has a lot of development to due on being more efficient. He's probably not going to be like Luka who is dominant from Day 1. It might take him a year or two.

I would say he's at least 7'2 without shoes and like 7'3 or 7'4 in shoes.

Yeah, he still has a lot of development to due on being more efficient. He's probably not going to be like Luka who is dominant from Day 1. It might take him a year or two.

I would say he's at least 7'2 without shoes and like 7'3 or 7'4 in shoes.
I've already penciled him in to our lineup. Now, who to pair him with in the 2024 draft?

Scoot would go #1 if Wemby wasn’t in this draft.

14.3 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 4.2 APG, 1.6 SPG and shot 45% from the field in 21 games for the G-League Ignite playing 27.9 MPG at age 17.

No, that's tomorrow.
WhoppingForthrightHare-max-1mb.gif

So follow me here.... Raptors and Donovan. Raps need an offensive drink stirrer. I think they would absolutely give up OG/Trent and three firsts (24/26/28... and swap in 27/29) plus some swaps. Those picks aren't as valuable... but you never know... they are kind of like Heat picks.

Raps have had OG in trade rumors all offseason. They will know the offers they can get in a three team deal that center on draft capital. We just saw Dejounte Murray go for 3 firsts and a swap. I think OG nets two good firsts no problem... maybe he gets you three if one is protected or you take back some salary that is less desirable.

The Lakers picks in 27/29 and swap in 28 could be had but I think you may have to overwhelm them for those. I think those picks might be the best future value picks you can get...
Here is the godfather offer you could put up.... Trent Jr., Bogey, Vando (they don't have a center), and Bev or JC (whichever they prefer) for Westbrook and THT 27 and 29 and a swap in 28 we can use against our pick or the Raps pick we acquire. We may be able to do a deal with the Lakers without Trent Jr. but I can see him being a huge part of the reason they'd do a deal.

You walk out with 7 unprotected picks and swaps. Knicks picks are great but so are the Lakers picks.

So follow me here.... Raptors and Donovan. Raps need an offensive drink stirrer. I think they would absolutely give up OG/Trent and three firsts (24/26/28... and swap in 27/29) plus some swaps. Those picks aren't as valuable... but you never know... they are kind of like Heat picks.

Raps have had OG in trade rumors all offseason. They will know the offers they can get in a three team deal that center on draft capital. We just saw Dejounte Murray go for 3 firsts and a swap. I think OG nets two good firsts no problem... maybe he gets you three if one is protected or you take back some salary that is less desirable.

The Lakers picks in 27/29 and swap in 28 could be had but I think you may have to overwhelm them for those. I think those picks might be the best future value picks you can get...
Here is the godfather offer you could put up.... Trent Jr., Bogey, Vando (they don't have a center), and Bev or JC (whichever they prefer) for Westbrook and THT 27 and 29 and a swap in 28 we can use against our pick or the Raps pick we acquire. We may be able to do a deal with the Lakers without Trent Jr. but I can see him being a huge part of the reason they'd do a deal.

You walk out with 7 unprotected picks and swaps. Knicks picks are great but so are the Lakers picks.

We could easily trade Trent Jr and OG for more picks too.