What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Like yall think Donovan is going to start trying on defense if the Jazz are so ****ing bad he has to literally do everything on offense while the Jazz are losing a ton of games?

Get ****ing real.

Jazz lost their two best defenders.

Donovan has no one to cover for him defensively anymore.

If they trade Bogey/Conley he will have much less floor spacing than he has ever had.

It's going to be ugly.

Donovan is not a floor raiser in the slightest.

The Thunder have been tanking just fine with a player better than Donovan.
He's not better than Donovan in the things that matter when you have noone on your roster. IMO he might be better on a roster that actually has legit players. Donovan had very little help creating offense for this team and was still pretty good at it and was the no. 1 option on the no. 1 offensive team in the league. Now, Gobert had big impact with his efficiency and screen setting, but I can absolutely see a team with scrubs and Donovan still being about 10th in the league offensively.

He's not better than Donovan in the things that matter when you have noone on your roster. Donovan had very little help creating offense for this team and was still pretty good at it and was the no. 1 option on the no. 1 offensive team in the league. Now, Gobert had big impact with his efficiency and screen setting, but I can absolutely see a team with scrubs and Donovan still being about 10th in the league offensively.
WHAT?

Stitches you are on one right now.

Donovan is not a floor raiser in the slightest.

The Thunder have been tanking just fine with a player better than Donovan.
They've had to sit said player a lot in order to do record maintenance. Think that **** gonna fly with Donovan.

I just don't think they will go full G League guys and Don... so overall I'd say Donovan is a +10 in the win column... because they keep some of the useful players with him and he is going to be much better than whoever replaces him.

They've had to sit said player a lot in order to do record maintenance. Think that **** gonna fly with Donovan.

I just don't think they will go full G League guys and Don... so overall I'd say Donovan is a +10 in the win column... because they keep some of the useful players with him and he is going to be much better than whoever replaces him.
Donovan has a history of foot issues. He's going to want to sit so he can avoid the slander for how much the team is losing.

Ainge is 100% in the driver's seat.

WHAT?

Stitches you are on one right now.
Who else was creating consistent efficient offense for this team? Clarkson is a chucker, Bojan is more a finisher/shooter than a creator, Gobert is a finisher, Royce is a finisher/shooter. I guess Conley? But he was very far from any consistency.

Donovan has a history of foot issues. He's going to want to sit so he can avoid the slander for how much the team is losing.

Ainge is 100% in the driver's seat.
Yeah and I mean the odds are not crazy different from like 5/6 to bottom 3. Ainge can do what he wants here... I will trust the Evil Emperor.

San Antonio, Orlando, OKC (but maybe not), Utah, and I think Charlotte will be the big players in the "Tank 23 for Wemby" campaign. All have better or comparable rosters to us. We fine either way.

The Houston Rockets were a rock-bottom lottery team with Christian Wood, De'Sean Tate, Jalen Green, Eric Gordon and Kevin Porter Jr. Surely, if they can lose games, we can figure out how to lose games too.
By dropping Don now we can probably 100% bank on being dead last and at least giving us the best odd at the #1 pick. Dead last should be the goal. That’s what I’m rooting for. Especially when the number one pick is generational, we could get Durant and Gobert rolled into one player.

Yeah and I mean the odds are not crazy different from like 5/6 to bottom 3. Ainge can do what he wants here... I will trust the Evil Emperor.

San Antonio, Orlando, OKC (but maybe not), Utah, and I think Charlotte will be the big players in the "Tank 23 for Wemby" campaign. All have better or comparable rosters to us. We fine either way.

I think we can duck Orlando. Paolo is going to have an impact with Franz and Wendell, and they may get something from Jonathan Isaac this year. They still have guards who can make plays, including Markelle Fultz who may be getting a bit underrated.

We might even be able to duck Detroit, though that could be close.

Cy tends to go too far sometimes. Like we know Donovan isn’t a top-10 player but acting like he isn’t a floor raiser or a better player than Shai is too much for me.

By dropping Don now we can probably 100% bank on being dead last and at least giving us the best odd at the #1 pick. Dead last should be the goal. That’s what I’m rooting for. Especially when the number one pick is generational, we could get Durant and Gobert rolled into one player.

Say it with me: Walker Kessler, Jared Vanderbilt and Simone Fontecchio.