What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

That would be an interesting, unprecedented approach. Draft eight guys, and have them really bond and sort of form an NBA version of the Fab Five. Gotta get absolute gym rats though. Guys who are hypercompetitive, have elite work ethics but aren’t white stiffs either.
Core 8? I like it. We’d be like the Ignite - only at the NBA level.

In all seriousness though - I’d love to see what 5 talented young guys all competing like maniacs could do as they grow up together under Hardy. It’s a fascinating concept.

At the very least, SL would be LIT.

From Fred Katz article today:

There is one possible snafu regarding the first-round picks.

There is an excellent chance the NBA will open up a tampering investigation into the Knicks’ recruitment of Brunson, whether or not one of the other 29 teams files official tampering charges. Reports of an agreement between the Knicks and Brunson, who officially signed his four-year contract with New York this month, came out before the two sides could legally negotiate. The Knicks signaled they were confident they could sign him when they began dumping salary days before Brunson’s contract with the Mavericks would expire. There are all of the personal relationships too.

Danny steps in... why don't you give em to us before the league takes em... thanks. Maybe this means they give us more of their own picks and retain the other picks they own to do deals. I doubt they get a first round penalty but one small detail I haven't seen anywhere else.

Also, I hated haul ever since DL kept using it to describe what we got back for Enes.
That is one of the worst trades in Jazz history. It should’ve given us confirmation that DL was an absolutely abysmal negotiator.

Recap:
-DL made it a point to reroute Reggie Jackson who at the time was really good
-The Jazz got nothing of value
-Kanter went on to produce at a level that got him a max contract

That is one of the worst trades in Jazz history. It should’ve given us confirmation that DL was an absolutely abysmal negotiator.

Recap:
Kanter got a max? Was that because of the cap explosion thing?

Recap:
A lot of people thought it was a fair deal but the reality remained that there were at least two teams willing to give him the max three months later.