What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

The only team that could match or exceed what the Knicks can is OKC and they aren’t in the win-now business. Just make it happen already. Toppin + Quickley + 3 unprotected 1sts + 3 protected 1sts + a pick swap or two.
Are the Knicks even willing at this point to do 6 picks 3 protected? I was under the impression they didn’t want to protect any of the picks?

The only team that could match or exceed what the Knicks can is OKC and they aren’t in the win-now business. Just make it happen already. Toppin + Quickley + 3 unprotected 1sts + 3 protected 1sts + a pick swap or two.
I still think it waits for Sept 6... but the reported 2 unprotected picks and Obi plus 3 protected seems to be a not serious offer that is meant to meet in the middle somewhere. I hope Ainge isn't doing the "4 unprotected picks or GTFO" routine. Sometimes you compromise. I'm good with 3 unprotected, 2 protected, and IQ/Toppin. Get Grimes or another pick or a swap and its icing. Don't eff around too much longer Danny. I really think the 2023 Knicks pick could be good... if they get off to a rough start I think they are just as likely to pull the plug and do a one-year tank as they would be to do a panic trade.

If Knicks truly are dug in at 2 unprotected picks go elsewhere I guess... It would be pretty miserable to have the last Denver Melo year with Donovan.

They offered 2 unprotected and 3 protected. We asked for 4 unprotected. Wonder where we can meet in the middle at…
It feels like that is what they were trying to say with the offer... I really hope Danny isn't so rigid he can't find some middle ground that works.

They offered 2 unprotected and 3 protected. We asked for 4 unprotected. Wonder where we can meet in the middle at…
If that were the case I think there would be a deal long ago. That may be what was reported because I’m sure both sides are spinning things but all I know is nothing is close to done even though talks restarted supposedly a week ago or something, and nothings imminent.

why would the knicks give up so much? who is coming close to that?

I still think it waits for Sept 6... but the reported 2 unprotected picks and Obi plus 3 protected seems to be a not serious offer that is meant to meet in the middle somewhere. I hope Ainge isn't doing the "4 unprotected picks or GTFO" routine. Sometimes you compromise. I'm good with 3 unprotected, 2 protected, and IQ/Toppin. Get Grimes or another pick or a swap and its icing. Don't eff around too much longer Danny. I really think the 2023 Knicks pick could be good... if they get off to a rough start I think they are just as likely to pull the plug and do a one-year tank as they would be to do a panic trade.

If Knicks truly are dug in at 2 unprotected picks go elsewhere I guess... It would be pretty miserable to have the last Denver Melo year with Donovan.

If they’re stuck on 2 unprotected that’s where RJ comes into the deal. There are tons of compromises here. I think it happens soon.

Part of me does want Danny to do a deal with a different team instead though... just cuz Knicks fans are possibly the most annoying... but it would still be amazing to trade them Donovan then use their picks to build a title team...

New Windy pod just dropped... gonna see what they gots to say.

Windhorst and McMahon say the Jazz want to get a Mitchell done before training camp.
Haven't heard anything else more interesting. They did walk through Toronto as a trade partner and basically said what I been saying.

Booo!!!

Also, what is, "SNY" sources?
Ian Begley is NYK insider AFAIK. No idea how he has Cleveland sources. IMO this reeks of Knicks fed report.

edit: the second part of that report requires him to have Jazz sources too. How the hell would he know if the Jazz have any other offers, even if we accept as a fact that Cleveland have given up on pursuing Mitchell?