What's new

Jazz are emerging as serious threats to sign Bojan Bogdanovic

Even if the Jazz cut neto?

I wouldn't want to offer any more than what they can right now. And hoping that 4th year is a team option.

He's on the wrong side of 30 and not the most athletic guy. The back end of that deal could be a cap crater.

But according to Marc Stein Rubio is a done deal. That means they arent looking to be major players for high cost guys.

The Jazz have to hope the Pacers arent willing to offer much more than the Jazz (because they will almost certainly offer more) and that Bojan prefers Utah.

That or hope the Pacers decide to go with cheaper guys to fill out the roster instead of spending all their cap on Bojan and Rubio.

The Pacers can also go over the cap to re-sign Bogdanovic using Early Bird rights at the end of free agency. So it will come down to where Bogdanovic wants to play. They'd just need to sign him after they've made their other moves.

The maximum the Jazz can offer after waiving Neto is ~$17.7 million

After waiving Neto and Niang: ~$18.4 million

After waiving Neto and finding a taker for Bradley:
~$18.8 million

Of those three options, the no-brainer is dumping Bradley (which would probably require sending his 2019-‘20 salary and hopefully an IOU), the Jazz just have a lot less control over that.

The point here is the Jazz might be able to beat Indy’s offer by a few million over the life of the deal. And they should.

The Pacers can also go over the cap to re-sign Bogdanovic using Early Bird rights at the end of free agency. So it will come down to where Bogdanovic wants to play. They'd just need to sign him after they've made their other moves.
That assumes their offer is the one he wants to take. Early Bird rights are capped. According to Cy, the most they can offer with those rights is $18.35 million starting.

Jazz have a path to about that same amount. With some cunning work on the trade market they could open a considerably higher number over the life of the new contract.

I think Bojan will basically get two identical offers and need to pick one or the other. Likely stays but we have a legit case. Not getting my hopes up.

Bogdanovic would be a perfect fit. Damn. Really want this to happen. Imagining what next season's offense would look like with conley, mitchell, bogdanovic and ingles, gobert dunking in the paint, maybe we get an improvement from Royce...imaging what Quin could do with that. Would be a radically different team than the past two seasons. I would want to be matched up against Houston in the playoffs; we'd smoke them. We'd have a legit chance to make the finals assuming the lakers don't get kahwi. Please god.

Bogdanovic would be a perfect fit. Damn. Really want this to happen. Imagining what next season's offense would look like with conley, mitchell, bogdanovic and ingles, gobert dunking in the paint, maybe we get an improvement from Royce...imaging what Quin could do with that. Would be a radically different team than the past two seasons. I would want to be matched up against Houston in the playoffs; we'd smoke them. We'd have a legit chance to make the finals assuming the lakers don't get kahwi. Please god.
People not concerned about the Lakers are crazy. LeBron hasn’t ever really regressed in his ability, AD is the best player he’s played with by a comfortable margin, and they have a max slot in the biggest free agency period maybe ever. If they get Kawhi, they’re prohibitive favorites and seeing it otherwise is homer-goggled wishful thinking.

The Jazz signing Bojan will officially make them the least athletic team in the NBA.

Bojan, Ingles, Niang, Bradley, & Neto (can’t even dunk) all on the same NBA team?! Sheesh.

People on this forum are okay with Bojan at 20 mill a year but not Kevin Love at 28 lol.