What's new

Jazz are emerging as serious threats to sign Bojan Bogdanovic

The Jazz signing Bojan will officially make them the least athletic team in the NBA.

Bojan, Ingles, Niang, Bradley, & Neto (can’t even dunk) all on the same NBA team?! Sheesh.
Neto won’t be on the team (unless he re-signs for the minimum after being cut). And either Niang or Bradley won’t either if they get Bogdanovic.

People on this forum are okay with Bojan at 20 mill a year but not Kevin Love at 28 lol.

Technically it's $19 per year vs $30 per year. And Love is a PF/C who is going to trend more towards C. Bojan is a SF/PF. And Love would cost us Exum whereas Bojan wouldn't.

Pacers may not be willing to go to 4 years... who knows.

I think we are the better team but I’m a complete homer.

The Jazz have Conley. The Pacers will have Rubio.
The Jazz have Mitchell. The Pacers have Oladipo, but he's still injured and won't be back until the 2nd half of the season.
The Jazz have Ingles. The Pacers have McDermott.
The Jazz have Gobert. The Pacers have Myles Turner. The Pacers also have Sabonis, but he's really a 5.

I think we are a better team right now.

People not concerned about the Lakers are crazy. LeBron hasn’t ever really regressed in his ability, AD is the best player he’s played with by a comfortable margin, and they have a max slot in the biggest free agency period maybe ever. If they get Kawhi, they’re prohibitive favorites and seeing it otherwise is homer-goggled wishful thinking.
Kawhi goes to LAL, it's over. Cancel the season or pray for injuries.

People on this forum are okay with Bojan at 20 mill a year but not Kevin Love at 28 lol.

If I thought Love could stay healthy I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. But I want my core to have a better-than-not chance to still be healthy by the post season. If you sign love and he is injured or less than 80% by the postseason then we're a first round exit again.

People not concerned about the Lakers are crazy. LeBron hasn’t ever really regressed in his ability, AD is the best player he’s played with by a comfortable margin, and they have a max slot in the biggest free agency period maybe ever. If they get Kawhi, they’re prohibitive favorites and seeing it otherwise is homer-goggled wishful thinking.

The lakers are the most serious threat in the west without signing kawhi, but if they sign him it is over for the entire league. Our window will slam shut and we will be in the horrible position of hoping they aren't 100% healthy when we play them in the postseason. Would really ****ing suck that just when the Warriors dynasty finally seems to be ending for the lakers to stack the deck with arguably the three best players in the league all on the same team. I am getting depressed just thinking about it.

So... I realize players want to maximize their pay and all, but once the difference between two offers is like $200k-800k and the offer is north of $18M, that's <5%. That's not a lot. I would think that when you're down to 5% diff, stuff like fit, chance to win, chance to play, etc, would weigh more.

Kawhi goes to LAL, it's over. Cancel the season or pray for injuries.
If LAL can fill out with a number of really solid players, LBJ, AD, KL is a scary thought, if they get scrubs, I'm not sold. Certainly not worried before we see how that team works out.

So... I realize players want to maximize their pay and all, but once the difference between two offers is like $200k-800k and the offer is north of $18M, that's <5%. That's not a lot. I would think that when you're down to 5% diff, stuff like fit, chance to win, chance to play, etc, would weigh more.
Several million dollars isn’t nothing to a player. But also, I’d the Jazz are committed, it sounds like they can be the team to offer those extra millions.

Several million dollars isn’t nothing to a player. But also, I’d the Jazz are committed, it sounds like they can be the team to offer those extra millions.
I know it's not nothing, it's a bunch of money, but still, you measure money relatively. If you have a salary of $30k a year, a 5-10% raise means a lot to what you can make of your life, if you have $100k/yr, 5% is more money, but less change to your life.
I can't believe an NBA player would squander a chance to play for a good fit, compared to a bad team, based on a 5% diff. Yeah, it's a serious amount of money, but still...

If LAL can fill out with a number of really solid players, LBJ, AD, KL is a scary thought, if they get scrubs, I'm not sold. Certainly not worried before we see how that team works out.

They'll be looking for players like Mike Scott who can hit the 3 at 40% and not do anything else.

They'll still need to defend, at least. With LeBron coasting on D, as he's done for years now, you can't defend with two guys. Or even three, if he gets back to his old self.
Anyway, if you have three healthy superstars, I guess you can live with 8 scrubs, but if one of them is down for a game or three, you are probably in big problems.