What's new

Jazz are emerging as serious threats to sign Bojan Bogdanovic

New to the board but man I am praying that we sign Bojan, he'd be really good for us. After Oladipo got hurt and he moved to the 4 he was excellent. During February and March, he averaged like 22.5 points on 52% FG and 41% from 3. I'd also love to see us use the MLE on someone like JaMychal Green or Taj Gibson to be the third big. Maybe even go after someone like Pau Gasol, Nene, or Joakim Noah on a minimum deal. We could also use a veteran combo guard on a minimum deal as well until Exum is fully healthy plus it'd be nice to have some additional depth. Bring back Alec Burks to let him chase a ring.

PG - Mike Conley | Raul Neto
SG - Donavan Mitchell | Dante Exum
SF - Joe Ingles | Royce O'Neale
PF - Bojan Bogdanovic | Green or Gibson | Jarrell Brantley
C - Rudy Gobert | Tony Bradley | Willie Reed - Potential vet on a min deal

I don't buy Bojan as a full time 4. First of all it takes away his some of his strength as a PnR ball handler, he'd become more of a needed screener. Second of all he's not a very good rebounder. Third, him defending the PnR big could be a yikes. He's a 3 who can play 4 in certain matchups.

New to the board but man I am praying that we sign Bojan, he'd be really good for us. After Oladipo got hurt and he moved to the 4 he was excellent. During February and March, he averaged like 22.5 points on 52% FG and 41% from 3. I'd also love to see us use the MLE on someone like JaMychal Green or Taj Gibson to be the third big. Maybe even go after someone like Pau Gasol, Nene, or Joakim Noah on a minimum deal. We could also use a veteran combo guard on a minimum deal as well until Exum is fully healthy plus it'd be nice to have some additional depth. Bring back Alec Burks to let him chase a ring.

PG - Mike Conley | Raul Neto
SG - Donavan Mitchell | Dante Exum
SF - Joe Ingles | Royce O'Neale
PF - Bojan Bogdanovic | Green or Gibson | Jarrell Brantley
C - Rudy Gobert | Tony Bradley | Willie Reed - Potential vet on a min deal

welcome dude. Solid first post ! Except for the Burks bit

People who don’t like Bojan , seem to forget our god awful , sluggish slow starts , favours air ball 3s , Snyder quick timeouts , down by 10 and usually chasing the game from the get go ..

Add Conley and Bojan , it’s a massive massive upgrade ...
Yep. I was awfully tired of not only the slow starts, but long stretches in other parts of the game when the offense went stagnant. Put in these four with Gobert and we get instant offemse. I am concerned about the 4, though. Not so much backup 5. There's a lot of guys out there + Willie Reed. Should be able to pick someone up with a vet minimum or the room MLE. Hoping this happens!

Can Jazz and Pacers do a double sign and trade? Utah signs Rubio and trades to Pacers for Bojan, who sign and trade him to Utah? This way Utah can sign Bojan and keep Favors. Does Utah have Rubios bird rights?
Would that work, though? We have to renounce Ricky in order to complete the Conley trade.

Can Jazz and Pacers do a double sign and trade? Utah signs Rubio and trades to Pacers for Bojan, who sign and trade him to Utah? This way Utah can sign Bojan and keep Favors. Does Utah have Rubios bird rights?
This is the right idea. ^ Difficult, but not impossible.

Depending on the contracts, a double sign and trade between Utah/Indiana for Bogdanovic/Rubio should be pretty easy and strait forward - as long as the numbers line up and both players actually want to switch teams.

The trickier part would be acquiring Conley without using cap space AND still keeping Favors. Utah would have to A.) add Exum to the deal, B.) get Memphis to guarantee Korver’s full salary and C.) improve the draft pick compensation to make it worth their while. If Memphis is open to it, I’d be all for it. Favors > Exum. Build the team from the top down.

Not only would the Jazz keep Favors while still adding Conley & Bogdanovic. . . but they’d also operate above the cap and have the Full MLE plus their Burks trade exception to add two (or more) bench pieces. They’d be hard capped, but they should be able to pull it off while even staying under the luxury tax.

Yep. I was awfully tired of not only the slow starts, but long stretches in other parts of the game when the offense went stagnant. Put in these four with Gobert and we get instant offemse. I am concerned about the 4, though. Not so much backup 5. There's a lot of guys out there + Willie Reed. Should be able to pick someone up with a vet minimum or the room MLE. Hoping this happens!

Pick up Ed Davis and The Jazz are done. 55 wins.

Depending on the contracts, a double sign and trade between Utah/Indiana for Bogdanovic/Rubio should be pretty easy and strait forward - as long as the numbers line up and both players actually want to switch teams.

The trickier part would be acquiring Conley without using cap space AND still keeping Favors. Utah would have to A.) add Exum to the deal, B.) get Memphis to guarantee Korver’s full salary and C.) improve the draft pick compensation to make it worth their while. If Memphis is open to it, I’d be all for it. Favors > Exum. Build the team from the top down.

Not only would the Jazz keep Favors while still adding Conley & Bogdanovic. . . but they’d also operate above the cap and have the Full MLE plus their Burks trade exception to add two (or more) bench pieces. They’d be hard capped, but they should be able to pull it off while even staying under the luxury tax.
Only way that happens is if Lindsey happens to pass away between now and July 6th. You know Exum is pretty much untouchable in his eyes. Besides Memphis has their PGOF. Why would they want Exum?

Yeah. I saw that. It would be better for the Jazz to work out two separate transactions.

Rubio for Bogdanovic swap first.

Then adjust the Memphis deal to match up salaries so the Jazz don’t need to use cap space to make it work.

Let’s them keep Favors, and the Full MLE and the Burks trade exception - which is ~ $4 million.

It’s way less complicated than trying to pull off a multi team deal AND keeps Favors out of the equation.

Only way that happens is if Lindsey happens to pass away between now and July 6th. You know Exum is pretty much untouchable in his eyes. Besides Memphis has their PGOF. Why would they want Exum?
My hope is that they’d offer praise and leak that they’re not interested in trading him to keep his value higher before a trade could be executed.

Jazz should easily value Favors over Exum. Even if it costs more, it would be better to dump Exum and try to keep Favors while adding talent around Mitchell, Gobert and Jingles. There’s a limited window of opportunity. If a Rubio/Bogdanovic S&T is possible, Utah should immediately try to adjust the Conley deal so they can operate above the cap. If that happens, I’d rather they keep Favors.

Full MLE puts guys like Beverley, Ross, Gay and Ariza into play.

Conley, Mitchell, O’Neale, Bogdanovic, Jingles, Favors, Gobert, Full MLE and Niang make for a greatly improved playoff rotation.

Why should Rubio help us out? Serious question.

Why should Rubio help us out? Serious question.
It’s less about helping the Jazz and more about helping the Pacers tbh. If they’re above the cap, it helps them sign him while keeping other options available. If they’re below the cap, it gives them a draft asset to add a guy they like for free. Plus, they’d probably get a trade exception since Bogdanovic is likely to make more than Rubio.

It’s less about helping the Jazz and more about helping the Pacers tbh. If they’re above the cap, it helps them sign him while keeping other options available. If they’re below the cap, it gives them a draft asset to add a guy they like for free. Plus, they’d probably get a trade exception since Bogdanovic is likely to make more than Rubio.
The thing about S&Ts (someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm about 90% confident on this) is that you have to sign someone to 3(+?) year deal to make a S&T possible. Indiana is kinda known to do lots of 1 and 2 year deals as they don't want to be tied up cap wise/don't want to push luxury tax often.

Rubio agreeing to a S&T would guarantee him a 3rd year at the very least vs likely being offered a 2 year deal if he signed outright with Indiana.

As someone who's been slightly leaning toward keeping Favors, I'm completely on board with swapping him for Bogdanovic. If Bojan comes, the Jazz will need to somehow find size with toughness somewhere, but he'd be such a perfect fit offensively.

The thing about S&Ts (someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm about 90% confident on this) is that you have to sign someone to 3(+?) year deal to make a S&T possible. Indiana is kinda known to do lots of 1 and 2 year deals as they don't want to be tied up cap wise/don't want to push luxury tax often.

Rubio agreeing to a S&T would guarantee him a 3rd year at the very least vs likely being offered a 2 year deal if he signed outright with Indiana.
Easy way around that - only the first year must be guaranteed. Second and/or third year’s can be partially or completely non-guaranteed. Deal still works, but the team maintains the exact amount of flexibility they’d have had with a 1 or 2 year deal.