What's new

Jazz are emerging as serious threats to sign Bojan Bogdanovic

Pinning your hopes on a player that’s “had a good stretch” once in five years.

God help us.

And what was that “good stretch?” Wasn’t it something like two games? Can that considered a “good stretch?” I had better stretches playing ward basketball as a teen. Maybe the jazz should sign me?

Touché. To be fair though, stranger things have happened.

I’m all ears

Like seriously, I don’t even consider Exum to be on the team anymore. My expectations for him are zero. He has proven over years now to be one injury prone, soft as toilet paper, unreliable basketball player. Nice guy but an absolute disappointment.

I’m all for signing Bago.

But I wouldn’t look to play him significantly at the 4.

Royce and Niang aren’t the answers either. Especially Royce, who is too small and his best attribute is defending the wing.

Bradley is too slow to be an nba player.

Well need to add another piece. I saw earlier Ed Davis. That’d probably do it.
Ed Davis
Jared Dudley (Jazz fans would love him after his humiliation of Ben Simmons in the playoffs but he's not really fit for a big load minutes wise anymore)
Taj Gibson
Kenneth Faried (maybe)
Rudy Gay
JaMychal Green
Both Morris twins
Bobby Portis (maybe)
Jabari Parker
Julius Randle (unlikely for MLE but add him anyway)
Bring Thabo back
Anthony Tolliver
Noah Vonleh
Marvin Williams
Thad Young

Not all of those guys would be realistic for full MLE or less but there's plenty of options and I'm not quite sure how hot the market would be for all of these guys.

someone like a Tolliver or Vonleh seem like a natural fit but again I'm not sure what they're going to be looking at on the open market. I do feel like if the Jazz want to get one of these guys at a reasonable deal they have to move quick on them, as once teams who have cap start striking out on the bigger FAs a few of these dudes are gonna be overpaid.

Forgot Mike Scott as well

Last edited:
I’m all ears

Horford developing a 3 point shot, Paul outlasting Deron as a player (most though Deron would last longer because of his frame), Utah finding a rookie to replace an all-star, Joe Ingles proving worthy of a 13m per year contract, Royce developing into a valued 3D guy.

Doesn't happen a lot in truth, but sometimes new things do happen. Players can develop new skills well enough to become a weapon, developments take unexpected turns, teams able to pull a miracle out of their butts. It happens, but not a lot.

He had one horrific injury. A freak accident.

Exum has had... 3+ years of injuries.

Honestly, I do believe that it would be a greater miracle if Exum comes back and contributes this year than Livingston coming back to the league.

Exum has proven every year with the exception of his rookie year to be injury prone. And every year he’s proven to be a poor player. People forget, even when healthy he was a liability. Poor shooting and ballhandling. He was his most “effective” his rookie year standing in the corner, away from any involvement in the offense.

But I guess some of you only remember that one time he played good defense on Harden. Oh and his “stretch” of 2 games last December.

Time to move on folks. Make alternative plans.

Horford developing a 3 point shot, Paul outlasting Deron as a player (most though Deron would last longer because of his frame), Utah finding a rookie to replace an all-star, Joe Ingles proving worthy of a 13m per year contract, Royce developing into a valued 3D guy.

Doesn't happen a lot in truth, but sometimes new things do happen. Players can develop new skills well enough to become a weapon, developments take unexpected turns, teams able to pull a miracle out of their butts. It happens, but not a lot.
And it's not like Exum has Yao Ming's feet or Greg Oden's back. His injuries have frustrated the **** out of me, but he doesnt have chronic injury issues. He has been unlucky and frail. Hopefully, he can full develop and get to that next level.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think a lot depends on Exum staying healthy and how much Niang develops as a player. That said, I have more faith in the latter. The Jazz still need depth at PG in case Exum runs into a stiff breeze.

I hope there is nothing in our team planning that depends on either of these guys.

At this point, any positive contributions from them is just a bonus.

Meh. None of those are comparable to Exum’s endless history of injury and disappointment. It’s hard to develop your game when stepping from your bed to your floor breaks your body. Which sucks, because Exum has no game to speak of so he could really use that practice time.

Meh. None of those are comparable to Exum’s endless history of injury and disappointment. It’s hard to develop your game when stepping from your bed to your floor breaks your body. Which sucks, because Exum has no game to speak of so he could really use that practice time.

Fair enough.

Ed Davis
Jared Dudley (Jazz fans would love him after his humiliation of Ben Simmons in the playoffs but he's not really fit for a big load minutes wise anymore)
Taj Gibson
Kenneth Faried (maybe)
Rudy Gay
JaMychal Green
Both Morris twins
Bobby Portis (maybe)
Jabari Parker
Julius Randle (unlikely for MLE but add him anyway)
Bring Thabo back
Anthony Tolliver
Noah Vonleh
Marvin Williams
Thad Young

Not all of those guys would be realistic for full MLE or less but there's plenty of options and I'm not quite sure how hot the market would be for all of these guys.

someone like a Tolliver or Vonleh seem like a natural fit but again I'm not sure what they're going to be looking at on the open market. I do feel like if the Jazz want to get one of these guys at a reasonable deal they have to move quick on them, as once teams who have cap start striking out on the bigger FAs a few of these dudes are gonna be overpaid.

Forgot Mike Scott as well

Hell no on Vonleh, Dudley, and Marvin Williams.
Maybe for Faried, Porter, Gay, OKC Morris.
Hell yes for Randle, Parker, Young, and Boston Morris.

I have no idea who Portis or green are. I recognize Tollicer’s name but don’t remember him.

He had one horrific injury. A freak accident.

Exum has had... 3+ years of injuries.

Honestly, I do believe that it would be a greater miracle if Exum comes back and contributes this year than Livingston coming back to the league.

Exum has proven every year with the exception of his rookie year to be injury prone. And every year he’s proven to be a poor player. People forget, even when healthy he was a liability. Poor shooting and ballhandling. He was his most “effective” his rookie year standing in the corner, away from any involvement in the offense.

But I guess some of you only remember that one time he played good defense on Harden. Oh and his “stretch” of 2 games last December.

Time to move on folks. Make alternative plans.
Jazzfanz and completely overexaggerating Exum for better or for worse is the most infuriating part of an otherwise fun forum to come talk Jazz basketball on.