What's new

Jazz at Clippers

Mudiay needs to be benched once Conley comes back. Stagger Mike and Don a bit. Clarkson picks up the rest of the slack.
I want to see Mike spending lots of minutes running pick-n-pop with Aron Baynes; and the rest of the second unit providing space and ball movement.

Unless we’re trading Clarkson, we’d literally have to trade every single bench player, plus Royce and Donovan, to match that salary.
I was dreaming man. I didn't consider the financially aspects of the trade. What happens if he takes a buyout? Is he free to go to any team or must he clear waivers?

Incredible win, superb play IN Q4.
So we got rid of JGreen"s toxic presence and added Clarkson who seems like a good fit so far. But we shouldn't fool ourselves, there's work to be done before the deadline. My biggest fear is a possible Rudy injury not necessarily because his absence would be agonizing but with current roster composition he has too much load on his shoulders and his body will inevitably break at some point.

Just watched the first half again on the Clipper's feed (Sieman and Magette), and first quarter, Brian Sieman says: "this is the fourth time this season that the Jazz fell behind ten points or more, and they lost the other three."
We started to gel with Ingles in the starting lineup and then the perfectly timed acquisition of Clarkson - looks like a turning point to me.

Incredible win, superb play IN Q4.
So we got rid of JGreen"s toxic presence and added Clarkson who seems like a good fit so far. But we shouldn't fool ourselves, there's work to be done before the deadline. My biggest fear is a possible Rudy injury not necessarily because his absence would be agonizing but with current roster composition he has too much load on his shoulders and his body will inevitably break at some point.
Aron Baynes takes a load off of Rudy.

Yes he's done. Been shooting more 3s per min then anytime in his career. Per 36 is at 7.8 3p APG on 24% shooting. His 2p APM are nearly half of his prime numbers while shooting career low 43%.
Just went and looked at his numbers.... OOOPH!

28 mins
15.5 points
4.7 rebounds
35.2% FG
24.3% 3P

Did anyone else notice how different our subbing patterns were this game? It's like Snyder got the same message as the rest of the team regarding the bench play.

The minute distribution may have been the same but the lineups were very out of character compared to the normal routine. I liked it.

First quarter deficit is in Quin.
Kind of feel like it's on touch foul calls and no rebounding effort by the Jazz players.
Refs, of course they did their thing, that's what they do; Jazz fan for ages, just grew used to it, assume it as part of the game, no longer talk on them.
Rebounding effort, boxing-out dudes, yeap, it was a factor...
So yes, your points are valid...
Yet, Quin throwing Mudiay, Niang out there before Clarckson was a rare thing to do, and it went south again... as it should have been expected (especially after DL stated our subs rotation sucked so much that they did the changes for it).