What's new

Jazz covid thread

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I thought we should have a thread keeping track of players missing practices/games due to covid.

Last edited:
Damn...I believe that's 6 days he has to get negative tests now. RIP active games streak.

Minutes for Clarkson/Oni I believe.

If I was the Jazz I would rotate players every three weeks off for a one week break. You can't live like this. It's Covid, everyone would understand. Living the right way through Covid IS MORE important than a championship. One life is more important than a championship and the Utah Jazz should make it easier on the team on the players.

I wish it wasn’t so secretive... like was he exposed... was he positive. Why is it so sensitive.

HIPPA boss. Just because we’d like to know details doesn’t mean they should be readily available unless the player decides to release them.
I know HIPPA... I just don’t know why the players are so secretive I guess... it happens... you get exposed. As long as it wasn’t at the strip club in Vegas people shouldn’t judge. Just a strange dance they have to do.

I know HIPPA... I just don’t know why the players are so secretive I guess... it happens... you get exposed. As long as it wasn’t at the strip club in Vegas people shouldn’t judge. Just a strange dance they have to do.

I think it’s only fair to let the players decide what information gets put out there after the NBA allowed Gobert to become a global villain. Bet he would have loved to have had that choice.

Honestly, the NBA should match Gobert’s salary for the PR hit he took for them. They were really happy to let him take the fall, and he was the perfect fall guy for them.

I think it’s only fair to let the players decide what information gets put out there after the NBA allowed Gobert to become a global villain. Bet he would have loved to have had that choice.
That whole situation was crazy, and Gobert kinda made it worse with the mic touching and the reports of him kinda doing the same in the locker room and then Mitchell testing positive shortly there after, and how he reacted to Gobert possibly infecting him due to his reckless behavior towards the virus and him not taking it serious before he tested positive. All of this created a perfect storm. I get it though, he’s human and as one of the bigger idiots in the human race who has done a lot of dumb things, it happens

That whole situation was crazy, and Gobert kinda made it worse with the mic touching and the reports of him kinda doing the same in the locker room and then Mitchell testing positive shortly there after, and how he reacted to Gobert possibly infecting him due to his reckless behavior towards the virus and him not taking it serious before he tested positive. All of this created a perfect storm. I get it though, he’s human and as one of the bigger idiots in the human race who has done a lot of dumb things, it happens

I agree that he was irresponsible, but the league was still playing games at that point. You want to talk about reckless...playing basketball games and packing stadiums is reckless.

The league didn’t know how bad it was, but neither did Rudy. The league as a whole has wayyy more responsibility to be informed than a single individual. But they were more than happy to let the world pile on Gobert as if he shut down the world because they knew they made mistakes of much greater magnitude.

I agree that he was irresponsible, but the league was still playing games at that point. You want to talk about reckless...playing basketball games and packing stadiums is reckless.

The league didn’t know how bad it was, but neither did Rudy. The league as a whole has wayyy more responsibility to be informed than a single individual. But they were more than happy to let the world pile on Gobert as if he shut down the world because they knew they made mistakes of much greater magnitude.
I know, I was just pointing out how Gobert unwittingly made himself an easy target for the nba and the media. We live in a world where we like to play the blame game.

Honestly, the NBA should match Gobert’s salary for the PR hit he took for them. They were really happy to let him take the fall, and he was the perfect fall guy for them.
You are right... I'm giving the general public too much credit. So I guess we do this nebulous health protocol BS all season.

I know, I was just pointing out how Gobert unwittingly made himself an easy target for the nba and the media. We live in a world where we like to play the blame game.
I do think he still gets vilified even if he doesn't do the mic touch thing. That made is so easy though.

Meanwhile - James Harden unmasked in multiple clubs on TMZ a couple weeks ago with very little mention of Covid.

I do think he still gets vilified even if he doesn't do the mic touch thing. That made is so easy though.

Meanwhile - James Harden unmasked in multiple clubs on TMZ a couple weeks ago with very little mention of Covid.
James Newsom.

James Newsom.
"Everyone has weaknesses and is human... my breaking point is not going to fancy dinners... its been really hard for me plus once all the restaurants are out of business because of me I won't be able to go out to dinner".

Harden would’ve been destroyed had he done it at the start of the outbreak. We just aren’t as afraid of Covid as we were at the beginning.

Harden would’ve been destroyed had he done it at the start of the outbreak. We just aren’t as afraid of Covid as we were at the beginning.

The NBA would have protected Harden if he got heat and people would have come after the NBA too for their negligence. Touching mics was a great distraction for the fact the NBA was still packing stadiums full of people.