What's new

Jazz Decades NBA Fantasy Draft

With the 3rd pick this round I take the "fastest of them all"
Rickey Green
green_150.jpg

Through the early 80's he averaged 14 PPG and 8 AST per game along with 2.5 steels Was also selected an allstar.

With 4th pick, I select Thurl Bailey.

t_28926_01.jpg

Thurl played for the Jazz for 7 years in the 80's. In those 7 years he put up 8,577 pts and pulled down 3,302 boards.
***Thurl never played fewer than 80 games per season in these 7 seasons!

mon-john-drewjpg-e102714a20c256a5_large.jpg

John Drew

Could really score the rock, and really enjoyed snorting cocaine. He played backup minutes for Utah (averaged about 25 mpg over 3 seasons) but scored about 19 ppg with 4.5 rpg. If you look at his Per 36 minutes, he averaged around 27 ppg with 7 rpg. Last season was cut short due to his career ending drug addiction.

I select..

3586wch.jpg

Ben Poquette

Truthfully I knew very little about him before this. But looking at his stats I his like high shooting percentages he shot 51-52% from field and 78-80% from foul line in 2 of his 3 seasons. Also could block some shots. His time with the jazz was easily the best part of his career.

I select..

3586wch.jpg

Ben Poquette

Truthfully I knew very little about him before this. But looking at his stats I his like high shooting percentages he shot 51-52% from field and 78-80% from foul line in 2 of his 3 seasons. Also could block some shots. His time with the jazz was easily the best part of his career.

Cool, I have one of those courts he invented in my backyard .. for under-privileged people.

With the 8th pick in the 1980's Utah Jazz Round, vslice02 selects: Dell Curry
Dell_Curry.jpg

The best shooter in his family, Curry was traded by the Jazz following his rookie season, but averaged a respectable 9ppg in his first 3 seasons from 1986-89. Like Korver, he's pretty much a 1-dimensional 3pt shooter, but at this point you're pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel.

With the first pick in the 1980's NBA Round, vslice02 selects: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
kareem_abdul_jabbar.jpg

>insert Spike Lee's annual shocked draft-night expression<

This is probably a pick that will eliminate me from contention, but wtf I'm passing on Bird&Magic because I'm of the belief that (unless you're the '92 Dream Team competing against Angola) a team has to have an alpha-dog. IMO adding Bird/Magic would create a "whose team is it in crunchtime?" quandry, so I chose Kareem because IMO the sky-hook is the greatest shot in basketball and he's a franchise center who can win championships as the #1 or #2 guy. He dominated the 1980 playoffs averaging 32&12 w/4 blocks and 26-10-3 with 3 blocks on 57% shooting in 80-81 still serving as the Lakers' #1-option. Once the Lakers became Magic's team, he still averaged 22-8-3 with 2 blocks while shooting 58% as the #2 option.

PG Deron Williams
SG Michael Jordan
SF Paul Pierce
PF Antoine Carr
C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

And "you're welcome" to whoever's picking 3rd in this round :)

With the first pick in the 1980's NBA Round, vslice02 selects: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
kareem_abdul_jabbar.jpg

>insert Spike Lee's annual shocked draft-night expression<

This is probably a pick that will eliminate me from contention, but wtf I'm passing on Bird&Magic because I'm of the belief that (unless you're the '92 Dream Team competing against Angola) a team has to have an alpha-dog. IMO adding Bird/Magic would create a "whose team is it in crunchtime?" quandry, so I chose Kareem because IMO the sky-hook is the greatest shot in basketball and he's a franchise center who can win championships as the #1 or #2 guy. He dominated the 1980 playoffs averaging 32&12 w/4 blocks and 26-10-3 with 3 blocks on 57% shooting in 80-81 still serving as the Lakers' #1-option. Once the Lakers became Magic's team, he still averaged 22-8-3 with 2 blocks while shooting 58% as the #2 option.

PG Deron Williams
SG Michael Jordan
SF Paul Pierce
PF Antoine Carr
C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

And "you're welcome" to whoever's picking 3rd in this round :)

That would be me. But I wanted Moses Malone. Now I have to take Bird or Magic. Damn you.

Since he already has Nash and could use a stud 3, Prodigy's going with Bird which means I'm getting Magic. At least this is what I suspect. **** me.

I select..

3586wch.jpg

Ben Poquette

What Bob Ross would look like if he were much taller