What's new

Jazz Decades NBA Fantasy Draft

The Money Man, Mehmet Okur

mehmet_okur-777.jpg

Would much rather have Memo than AK. Okur is a team player, coming off the bench will space the floor and can knock down clutch shots. Okur has proven to be an effective complimentary piece, as where AK is terrible if he doesn't have offense flow through him.

Also, AK had more bad seasons than he had good. Okur had pretty good seasons his whole career with the Jazz during the 00's, with one off year.

Matt Harpring

matt-harpring-playoffs-199x300.jpg

Matt averaged 16 pts and 7 boards per game in his first three seasons with the Jazz. He was a great leader and team player. After 7 seasons with the Jazz, he maintained an average better than 11pts and 5boards per game .. making him the best player in Jazz history. /extremehyperbole

Round 4 - 00's Jazz
25. vslice - Deron Williams
26. prodigy - Carlos Boozer
27. Salmon Hobo - AK
28. Cyrone Torbin - Okur
29. PKM - Harpring
30. Ben10 - OTC
31. Chad
32. NUMBERICA

PG -
SG -
SF - Scottie Pippen / Matt Harpring
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Mark Eaton

Looking very forward to the next round.

Okay, my bad, it's Jazz 80's .. not looking forward to that as much .. meant the round after THAT one, lol.

PG -
SG -
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Mark Eaton

Looking very forward to the next round.

Holy ****ing defense. Arguably the best defender at each of their respective positions over the last 25 years. This is the type of team I would have loved to have drafted.

I'm psyched for 80's NBA as I'll have the third pick in the round and will get one of the three guys I want no matter what. I think I know who I'll be getting too and am stoked.

We should do a Fantasy draft for players by single season. Like '94 Jordan for example. Once the player is taken he is gone for good.

Here's the teams thus far. Obviously feel free to switch positions or whatever.

NUMBERICA
PG -
SG -
SF - Lebron James
PF - Karl Malone
C - Tim Duncan

Chad
PG - John Stockton
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF -
PF - Charles Barkley
C -

Ben10
PG - Rickey Green
SG - Jeff Hornacek
SF - Donyell Marshall
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Patrick Ewing

PKM
PG -
SG -
PF - Kevin Garnett / Thurl Bailey
C - Mark Eaton

Cyrone Torbin
PG -
SG - Dwayne Wade / Jeff Malone
SF -
PF -
C - David Robinson / Mehmet Okur

SalmonHobo
PG - Jason Kidd
SG -
SF - Andre Kirilenko / Bryon Russel
PF -
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Prodigy
PG - Steve Nash
SG -
SF - Ty Corbin
PF - Carlos Boozer
C - Hakeem Olajuwon

vslice
PG - Deron Williams
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Antoine Carr
C -

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay boy's. Sometimes work just gets in the way.
I'll select:
Donyell Marshall

marshdo01.jpg

His best years came in:
Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3PT FT% RPG BLK AST PPG
2003–04 Toronto 66 66 39.1 .467 .403 .741 10.7 1.2 1.6 16.2

Through the 00's Marshall was a quality starter who could shooter from the outside and inside. With great size he was a shot blocker on the wing that could play both forward positions. Marshall was a great spark of the bench for the Jazz and later filled the need as a starter for other teams.

We should do a Fantasy draft for players by single season. Like '94 Jordan for example. Once the player is taken he is gone for good.

I'd do that if you need more people :cool:

And the nice thing about that kind of draft, as opposed to this one, is you could statistically determine the winner.

I'd do that if you need more people :cool:

And the nice thing about that kind of draft, as opposed to this one, is you could statistically determine the winner.

No, you can't just total stats and determine a winner. The winner should have the best (subjective) mix of players and talents (shooting,defensive,rebounding,etc.).