What's new

Jazz Decades NBA Fantasy Draft

And apparently, being on some of the most unbelievably loaded teams of all time with the greatest coach/mediator of all time doesn't count for much either.

We can rationalize **** all we want about Lebron and Malone and whoever else doesn't have a ring and why they don't have one but at the end of the day, Kobe has five rings and they have none. Sorry but true champions know how to get **** done when it matters.

We can rationalize **** all we want about Lebron and Malone and whoever else doesn't have a ring and why they don't have one but at the end of the day, Kobe has five rings and they have none. Sorry but true champions know how to get **** done when it matters.

Yep, they know how to demand to get on the teams that will win. [sic]

With the 8th pick of the 2000's NBA-Round, vslice02 selects: Paul Pierce.
Explanation: A 26-point, 7-rebound, 4-assist SF who got to the line over 7 times a game in his prime, his ability to hit clutch shots along with his swagger and toughness on the defensive end makes him a complete player and IMO an ideal complement next to Jordan on the perimeter. (Also considered Dwight Howard, but I think there will be more polished centers available from other decades)

paul-pierce-popping-jersey-425.jpg

With the 1st pick in the 2000's Utah Jazz-Round, vslice02 selects: Deron Williams.
Explanation: A 19&11 all-star PG who can pass, shoot, as well as use his cross-over to get anywhere on the floor, he won't be asked to carry the offensive load like he was in 2010-11. He has the size to over-power smaller PG's like CP3 and Isiah, the 3pt-shooting to make teams pay for helping off of him and also has a fierce desire to win. Oh and the first time he snaps at the coach we'll let Michael Jordan step in and put him in his place.

128784286504573715.jpg

vslice02 roster: Antoine Carr, Michael Jordan, Paul Pierce, Deron Williams.

Round 3 - 00's NBA
17. NUMBERICA - Lebron James
18. Chad - Kobe Bryant
19. Ben10 - Dirk Nowitzki
20. PKM - Kevin Garnett
21. Cyrone Torbin - Dwyane Wade
22. Salmon Hobo - Jason Kidd
23. prodigy - Steve Nash
24. vslice - Paul Pierce

Round 4 - 00's Jazz
25. vslice - Deron Williams
26. prodigy
27. Salmon Hobo
28. Cyrone Torbin
29. PKM
30. Ben10
31. Chad
32. NUMBERICA

OTC: Prodigy

I select...

29xaddw.jpg

Carlos Boozer

I knew Deron would go first so I took Nash in the last round and now i'm taking Boozer to use in the pick n roll with Nash.

Yao Ming retirement reminded me of Boozer's best performance as a jazz man in the 06-07 playoffs, help leading the jazz to the WCF.

Having Olajuwon behind him will help his defense or lack there of.

I'm pretty sure Pierce was a crappy defender for most of the 00's.
I've always thought of Pierce as a tough defender and I recall him playing outstanding defense on Kobe. In the 2008 Finals, the Lakers crunchtime lineup consisted of Vuajic at SG (guarded by Allen) which left Pierce defending Kobe, and I remember him completely shutting Kobe down during their epic Game 4 comeback which was the decisive win in the series. Perhaps early in his career he struggled.
I would have taken Melo over Pierce.
Speaking of a "crappy defender." I do think Melo makes alot of sense and 1-on-1 is one of the most unstoppable players in the league. I'm not sure how much value Melo brings to a team when he's not the #1-scorer. With Pierce I atleast know he can defer to other players and has the mental toughness to compete at a championship level...with Melo I'm not as sure.

Someone post what the teams are so far. Who is keeping track?

ANDREI KIRILENKO

andrei_kirilenko102310.jpg

Dude had some badass hair, would cry when times got tough, and married up to some hooker who pretty much castrated him.

On the flip side, he was a badass for a few years who was a great defender and that's what I'm going for here. The combo of him and Kidd and Shaq (don't laugh--no one's getting by my other guys anyway) will hold teams under 90 a night. And their passing is going to create a great team-oriented game. You say I don't have scorers? I have freakin' Shaq and will get some mad playas in the later rounds to fill in the gaps accordingly. Or at least that's what I'm selling.

I select you Mr. Kirilenko. You're still a bitch though.