What's new

Jazz Decades NBA Fantasy Draft

Paul%2BMillsap%2BDunks%2BOn%2BDarko%2BMilicic.jpg

Due to a lack of anyone else really worth drafting. Ill take Sap. He a run of double doubles and has been a good bench player from day 1.

NUMBERICA
PG -
SG -
SF - Lebron James
PF - Karl Malone
C - Tim Duncan

Chad
PG - John Stockton
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Charles Barkley
PF - Paul Millsap
C -

Ben10
PG -
SG - Jeff Hornacek
SF - Donyell Marshall
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Patrick Ewing

PKM
PG -
SG -
SF - Scottie Pippen / Matt Harpring
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Mark Eaton

Cyrone Torbin
PG -
SG - Dwayne Wade / Jeff Malone
SF -
PF -
C - David Robinson / Mehmet Okur

SalmonHobo
PG - Jason Kidd
SG -
SF - Andre Kirilenko / Bryon Russel
PF -
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Prodigy
PG - Steve Nash
SG -
SF - Ty Corbin
PF - Carlos Boozer
C - Hakeem Olajuwon

vslice
PG - Deron Williams
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Antoine Carr
C -

No, you can't just total stats and determine a winner. The winner should have the best (subjective) mix of players and talents (shooting,defensive,rebounding,etc.).

I'm saying you could determine it statistically if you wanted to since you'd be basing on players' performances for a single season, not an entire decade.

But I agree it's more fun to take all factors into account.

I think you guys are forgetting a few players who could play...

80s Jazz: John Drew, Thurl Bailey, Ricky Green, Adrian Dantley, .... and I guess Dominique Wilkins was on the Jazz for about 24 hours.

90's NBA: Penny Hardaway, Tim Hardaway, Allen Iverson, Reggie Miller, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Grant Hill, ...

I think you guys are forgetting a few players who could play...

80s Jazz: John Drew, Thurl Bailey, Ricky Green, Adrian Dantley, .... and I guess Dominique Wilkins was on the Jazz for about 24 hours.

90's NBA: Penny Hardaway, Tim Hardaway, Allen Iverson, Reggie Miller, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Grant Hill, ...

You can only pick 8 players from each decade. We have yet to pick 80's Jazz yet. Those are the only 5 guys from 80's worth crap (minus the ones who got picked in the 90's section of course).

With the 8th pick of the 2011 00's NBA Utah Jazz draft, NUMBERICA selects...

KYLE KORVER

kyle-korver.jpg

This fills a huge need for me and is probably also BPA (out of Raja Bell pt. 1, Collins, Mo Williams, and Arroyo, in that order). Korver is one of the best pure shooters in the game and has had his share of big games and clutch moments. Cumulatively, he shot close to 90% from the line and around 40% from 3, capping his stay here with an NBA-record 53.6% from 3. Besides all of that, he doesn't need (or really want) the ball in his hands which playing with so many players that can do it on their own, is a good thing. He's also able to play both wing positions well, a good passer, an aggressive rebounder, and a very underrated TEAM defender.

Good value with this pick.

So far I think Numberica is in the lead. That is a seriously dangerous team in the making. Round it out with a good pass-first PG and look out.

Although I also think Chad and Prodigy have some good stuff in the making. But nothing yet that can compete with LBJ, Malone and Duncan with a pure 3-pt shooter spreading the floor (Korver). Ouch.

With the 1st pick of the 2011 1980's NBA Utah Jazz draft, NUMBERICA selects...

DARRELL GRIFFITH

images

Griffith is clearly BPA here, and again, also fills a position of need for me. While not a giant, Griffith possessed other-worldly athleticism and a good shot and was a perennial 20 ppg threat and his jersey in the rafters is proof of that. He kept the team afloat during their early dark period in Utah and remained as key a component as they turned it around. He is in the conversation for best SG in Jazz history, really only behind Maravich if that is the position you consider Maravich.

Why not Dantley? Dantley was a punk and I'm good wherever he might play. But mostly a punk. I like chemistry.

ahh dr. dunkenstein, your team is pretty athletic

next time someone posts the rosters can you include the decades they were drafted for.

With the 8th pick of the 2011 00's NBA Utah Jazz draft, NUMBERICA selects...

KYLE KORVER

kyle-korver.jpg

This fills a huge need for me and is probably also BPA (out of Raja Bell pt. 1, Collins, Mo Williams, and Arroyo, in that order). Korver is one of the best pure shooters in the game and has had his share of big games and clutch moments. Cumulatively, he shot close to 90% from the line and around 40% from 3, capping his stay here with an NBA-record 53.6% from 3. Besides all of that, he doesn't need (or really want) the ball in his hands which playing with so many players that can do it on their own, is a good thing. He's also able to play both wing positions well, a good passer, an aggressive rebounder, and a very underrated TEAM defender.

Good value with this pick.

He blows on defense. If he didn't he would have gotten more playing time for Chicago during the playoffs.

And if being an aggressive rebounder equals having a career high of 4.3 per 36 minutes (with the Jazz) I dont know what to tell you.

He blows on defense. If he didn't he would have gotten more playing time for Chicago during the playoffs.

If he's forced to guard an athletic player in an iso, then he's hosed. However, any other situation and I disagree. Great court awareness generally and puts in a great effort.

And he played plenty. Against Miami he was in trouble, though.

btw the winner will be decided by a playoffs just like in the NBA, teams will either be seeded by draft order or randomly. You will have to decide your starting lineups and how many minutes you want to give each of your players. The winner of each matchup will be determined by 3 votes - 1 the public poll & 2 judges(jf moderators)..i think there could be a way to run a simulation for a vote but i'm not sure what software it is and how much it costs.

With the 2nd pick of the 2011 1980's NBA Utah Jazz draft, Chad selects...

Oaq5s.jpg

IL6mk.png

Truly spectacular numbers with the Jazz. Should be in the HOF. Not sure how he well he fits with Barkley & Millsap. But who else was I going to take?

Ricky Green? Because of Stockton people forget that Green was an all-star PG, and it was his all-star status that kept Stock on the bench for his first few seasons with the Jazz.

Truly spectacular numbers with the Jazz. Should be in the HOF. Not sure how he well he fits with Barkley & Millsap. But who else was I going to take?

You are building the all-time greatest undersized-for-their-position team. Next you need Ben Gordon and Spudd Webb.